Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Gatts posted:

Hey guys, do you think Cameron Irving can play LT or RT? Preferably RT. I guess Browns want him as Guard and I guess keep Mitchell Schwartz as RT but curious.

Other option trade Mack to Seattle for their 1st in 2016. Package up for a QB.

He has bad feet. Probably would be best to keep him inside, but considering his experience at LT, might be worth trying. I'd want him at C/OG, if he was on my team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It was nice to see 3 UW guys picked in the first at least :unsmith:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The more I think about Carolina's pick the more annoyed by it I get. I don't see how you can look at the players left on the board and decide the best player available requires moving from a 4-2-5 defense to a 4-3 but that last guy of the 3 is really a DB turned LB turned RB back to LB but he's really a SS.

The only one of the next five guys taken that I couldn't pencil in as seeing significant time would be Tomlinson, and when you consider the general porousness of the Panther offensive line the last few years coupled with consistent injury issues at the guard position, you could make the argument that Tomlinson would have a good chance to end up a starter by the end of his rookie year out of sheer necessity, assuming he lacked the talent/development to win the job outright to begin with.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I am pleased with the Lions' decisions tonight. Now they can get a good corner, running back or defensive tackle in round two. :lol: if they take a wide receiver.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
it's gonna be hilarious when the wiz doesn't start mariota because he hates rookies and is a very bad coach

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Two years in a row a stud defensive lineman falls to one pick from the Bears. So frustrating.

Great to see the off season turn a stud Pro bowl wr and the 7th overall into a 5th round pick and a wr who likely won't ever be as good.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL 6m6 minutes ago
Raiders top two receivers last year are now No. 4 and No. 5 on the depth chart.

Yes

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Hopefully that means Crabtree is option 6?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

born on a buy you posted:

it's gonna be hilarious when the wiz doesn't start mariota because he hates rookies and is a very bad coach

he will be the day 1 starter

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I was deeply disappointed. Without a first round pick for the Bills, I was hoping some team would do something insane, but instead it was a fairly tame round with a reach here or there. Ho-hum.
I just hope we don't draft a QB tomorrow. We could really use some beef on our offensive line or maybe even a linebacker. We're good at drafting those.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Gatts posted:

Hey guys, do you think Cameron Irving can play LT or RT? Preferably RT. I guess Browns want him as Guard and I guess keep Mitchell Schwartz as RT but curious.

Other option trade Mack to Seattle for their 1st in 2016. Package up for a QB.

It's theoretically possible to put him at RT as he has the knowledge and size to do it - it'll be interesting to see if they do Thomas/Bitonio/Mack/Erving/Schwartz or Thomas/Bitonio/Mack/Schwartz/Erving.

Also, looking at that, lol five first/second round picks on the offensive line. The Gooniest Team.

e: regardless, I think he's a great pickup. Starting-caliber lineman at OG/C/maybe RT, can also move to basically any line position which is nice because, as seen last year, the Browns have absolutely no offensive line depth whatsoever and absolutely turned to poo poo once Mack went down. Combined with Danny Shelton, I'm totally pleased. Still a few good WRs available in the second, would love to see them actually take one pass on all of them to take brett hundley

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 1, 2015

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Coldforge posted:

I don't loving care how he is as a human being, I want to know if he can rip off a tackle's head and use his neck as a spittoon while on his way to breaking a QB/RB's spine.

We have to make sure he has class.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Hopefully that means Crabtree is option 6?

Crabtree is motivated/has his head on straight/best shape of his life/something something

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

oldskool posted:

The more I think about Carolina's pick the more annoyed by it I get. I don't see how you can look at the players left on the board and decide the best player available requires moving from a 4-2-5 defense to a 4-3 but that last guy of the 3 is really a DB turned LB turned RB back to LB but he's really a SS.

The only one of the next five guys taken that I couldn't pencil in as seeing significant time would be Tomlinson, and when you consider the general porousness of the Panther offensive line the last few years coupled with consistent injury issues at the guard position, you could make the argument that Tomlinson would have a good chance to end up a starter by the end of his rookie year out of sheer necessity, assuming he lacked the talent/development to win the job outright to begin with.

Yes, but you see when the Panthers drafted Thomas Davis he was a Linebacker/Safety out of Georgia and

TD got destroyed by the immortal Ernie Conwell in his first game at safety

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm fine with an OT that only fell because he was injured since he wasn't gonna play this year anyway but... Malcom Brown. He was right there and would've been a smarter pick. :sigh:

Also Paul Alexander said if he's healthy, he'll play as a blocking TE in his first year. Amazing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
mariota already has a beats by dre commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxz_NkUR7A

Yudo
May 15, 2003

amaranthine posted:

It's theoretically possible to put him at RT as he has the knowledge and size to do it - it'll be interesting to see if they do Thomas/Bitonio/Mack/Erving/Schwartz or Thomas/Bitonio/Mack/Schwartz/Erving.

Also, looking at that, lol five first/second round picks on the offensive line. The Gooniest Team.

Coldforge is right though: he has terrible footwork and has questionable balance/body control. His footwork can be fixed, perhaps, but he looked way better at center than LT. Perhaps in a few years?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, I just realized.... what's going to happen to Zach Mettenberger?!?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I am extremely underwhelmed by what the Texans did tonight. Feels like a big wet fart. When Dupree was there, I was so stoked, and welp

Of course, when Robert Quinn was still there for the Texans and they drafted JJ Watt I felt exactly the way I feel about this so maybe it'll work out the same way

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

mariota already has a beats by dre commercial

Arik Armstead's first tweet as a 49er was a Tide detergent ad.

quote:

Arik Armstead ‏@arikarmstead 8m8 minutes ago
.@TideNFL, Excited to be #Niners Red & Gold! #49ers fans, what do #OurColors mean to you? #Spon

Even his advertising game sucks :(

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Kalli posted:

His agent already says he wants out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

he will complete his transformation into uncle rico

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Arik Armstead's first tweet as a 49er was a Tide detergent ad.

Even his advertising game sucks :(

Peat had the same thing.

.@TideNFL Feels great to know I'll be in #Saints Black & Gold! Proud to call these #OurColors. #Spon

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Kalli posted:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

His agent already says he wants out

I might take a shot at him if I really needed a QB. Like the Jets or Browns.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Yudo posted:

Coldforge is right though: he has terrible footwork and has questionable balance/body control. His footwork can be fixed, perhaps, but he looked way better at center than LT. Perhaps in a few years?

If he's just C/G, I'm still happy. Fits in at RG just fine, if Mack leaves (I mean WHEN Mack leaves, let's be real) slide him over to C. Not even sure that sliding Schwartz in to guard is actually being considered, it's just a thing that comes up in every discussion of Browns drafting.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I might take a shot at him if I really needed a QB. Like the Jets or Browns.

i would love it if he was able to be a chief and have reid mold him into a superstar

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Peat had the same thing.

.@TideNFL Feels great to know I'll be in #Saints Black & Gold! Proud to call these #OurColors. #Spon

So did the Bengals guy. I guess it is some organized PR thing

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
The result of the Bills trading up for Watkins so far.

1.) The 2015 draft seems weaker at the back of the 1st.

2.) If the Bills stood still, they would have likely had Eric Ebron and Breshad Perriman instead of Sammy Watkins.

3.) Justin Gilbert and Can Erving for the Browns for the picks given away.

4.) Odell Beckham Jr. at #9 would've been seen as a reach (but dayum).

I'm glad the Bills traded for Watkins.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Blitz7x posted:

Crabtree is motivated/has his head on straight/best shape of his life/something something

He's gonna injure his ankle during training camp/preseason, miss the first 4 games of the season, then it'll be his excuse for zero production the rest of the year.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

TG-Chrono posted:

The result of the Bills trading up for Watkins so far.

1.) The 2015 draft seems weaker at the back of the 1st.

2.) If the Bills stood still, they would have likely had Eric Ebron and Breshad Perriman instead of Sammy Watkins.

3.) Justin Gilbert and Can Erving for the Browns for the picks given away.

4.) Odell Beckham Jr. at #9 would've been seen as a reach (but dayum).

I'm glad the Bills traded for Watkins.

Don't know if I'd go that far, but it doesn't look *as* bad as it did last year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, cant really be anything but thrilled at getting arguably the best player in the draft at #6. Get an Eli Harold in the 2nd and holy poo poo that D.

Wilkerson, Richardson, Snacks, Williams

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Was very cold on the Byron Jones pick at first having talked myself into Randy Gregory or Malcom Brown being ideal but the more ive read up on the guy and how he has the potential to be a top corner or safety if moved im pretty happy :)

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Jets going for the Murder Brady strategy. I like it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
seriously why do the titans keep trying to recapture the mcnair magic?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I do not like Jeff Fisher. Is this where I post this? Yes? Ok.

Fix the fucken offensive line first you dumb poo poo!

Here's the current starting OL for the Rams:

code:
Robinson | Saffold | nobody | nobody | nobody
:thumbsup:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Kind of wanted Shane Ray over Bud Dupree but what the gently caress do I know?

Apparently everyone else here is high on Bud (lol) so there is that I guess.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Metapod posted:

i would love it if he was able to be a chief and have reid mold him into a superstar

Don't even joke about it!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Metapod posted:

seriously why do the titans keep trying to recapture the mcnair magic?

Take a shot every time an announcer draws Mariota-McNair comparisons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
@LanceMcAlister · 2h 2 hours ago
Cedric Ogbuehi graduated with his bachelor’s degree recreation, parks, and tourism sciences in August 2014.#Bengals

that's my kinda goddamn pick right there boy

• Locked thread