Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Washington didn't draft the best Defensive player in the draft....

Instead we got the best O-line prospect to protect a broken RG3... Discuss.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Didn't use "Draftermath", close thread and try again.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

kidcoelacanth posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Didn't trade mariota for literally everything. Welp

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol if Eagles were willing to give up the two first and the Titans didn't bite and drafted a QB who doesn't fit their coaches system at all...

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It will be cool if mariota is good though

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Kinda got caught up with Leonard Williams, glad we got Amari Cooper though. I could never shake the fact that I didn't like how slow Williams got off the ball in college

oh well

I hope the Raiders grab pass rush in the second round

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

quote:

Rich Gannon ‏@RichGannon12 14s15 seconds ago
Carr and Cooper...Match made in heaven for the Oakland Raiders!

:swoon::swoon:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I wanted to see Teddy to Parker....

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I think the Browns are going to have a top 10 or better D this year.

I'm glad there wasn't any trade shenanigans.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was totally wrong. Told everyone crazy trades would happen in the top ten....

:lol: whoops!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets with the safe, no brainer, confirmed talented defensive lineman pick. now we just need to figure out how to draft players at other positions that are good too.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really just wanted Williams at that spot or a trade back.

Thought they could have filled other holes on the line in 2nd or 3rd RD...

Well RG3 I hope you can loving prove it...

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Double post

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Danny Shelton makes me happy. Hope it works out.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Big Jesus posted:

It will be cool if mariota is good though

This is true but I don't trust whiz at all

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hey dude this isn't the GDT, you should probably realize this because you made the thread.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Someone please give me a reason to be excited about Kevin Johnson

Bud was right there Rick

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
This sums up my feelings.

quote:

@BigSwinginNick 3m3 minutes ago
Afraid the best thing the 9ers got in the first round are the 4th and 5th rd picks from SD.

Basically we've learned that Baalke is a draft trade wizard, and absolutely poo poo at player evaluation. It's not that Armstead is bad or more likely to be a bust (because who knows), it's that there are other players available at the position with just as much athletic upside that have shown more ability, and are more ready to play right away. What a god drat waste.

In short, gently caress you Trent Baalke. If you pick McKinney in round two, you are the dumbest man on this earth.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Someone please give me a reason to be excited about Kevin Johnson

Bud was right there Rick

He's real good, but kinda slow. Also small frame, so may not be great at press coverage. But talented, good instincts and technique, and probably the best DB in the draft in short space.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It was mentioned that Irving also grades well as LT and gives insurance for Mack. Along with Shelton I am ok with that then. Good job Browns.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
someone sell me on why Kevin White was a better pick for the Bears over Vic Beasley

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Really would have preferred for the Niners to address a different position in the first, but we'll see how it works out I guess. I thought the Aldon Smith pick was a bad idea too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Emanuel Collective posted:

someone sell me on why Kevin White was a better pick for the Bears over Vic Beasley

He's a loving monster of a WR, and a great compliment to Jeffery (he's basically everything Crazy wanted Cordarrelle Patterson to be).

Is he better than Beasley? Eh, that's kind of a wash. Beasley is probably going to be the best pass rusher in this draft. White may be the best WR, though, so...yeah, kind of a wash, really.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jeff McLane @Jeff_McLane · 5m 5 minutes ago
Chip Kelly said that he didn't offer players for the Titans' No. 2 pick, only picks. Looked at the house, but never got out of the car.

if this is true i am fine with taking mariota but still rather have williams

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grozz Nuy posted:

Really would have preferred for the Niners to address a different position in the first, but we'll see how it works out I guess. I thought the Aldon Smith pick was a bad idea too.

Hasn't turned out well.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

FizFashizzle posted:

Hasn't turned out well.

It was going great for a while!

:smithicide:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hm. I wonder if the Browns can trade Alex Mack for Seattle's 1st next year. Then our 1st and Seattle's 1st, package together and move up to like Top 3 and get a QB. Trade sometime during season after we find out if Irving is good enough.

(LOL as if we won't be there by natural chance anyway)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
:geno:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Not exactly thrilled by drafting Yet Another Linebacker, but I was super wrong the last time I was pissed about one (Kuechly). Thompson at least seems like an interesting, versatile player.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Man and his dog posted:

Washington didn't draft the best Defensive player in the draft....

Instead we got the best O-line prospect to protect a broken RG3... Discuss.

:suicide:

Albert Breer says that Scherff was the third guy on their board behind Fowler and Cooper. So if the Raiders had drafted Williams we would be talking about the Redskins having yet another RB that RG3 wouldn't see in an open field.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

Not exactly thrilled by drafting Yet Another Linebacker, but I was super wrong the last time I was pissed about one (Kuechly). Thompson at least seems like an interesting, versatile player.

Yeah, none of the remaining tackles (collins you gently caress) or wide receivers were worth the pick, and there's clearly no market to move down. Panthers took a versatile dude who can fill different roles short and long term.

Whatever. Boring as gently caress. Hopefully they can get an offensive tackle or speedy WR tomorrow.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Gordon and Cooper are gonna gently caress us up in a few. Peters is a surprising pick. He doesn't sound like a Dorsey choice at all. Let's see if he starts.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Seahawks didn't blow a first-round pick on a Tom Cable-specialty "mauling" guard with feet of stone

A+ would sit through it again

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
That has to be a typo...

RB and Skins wasn't ever going to happen.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners still need CB, WR, and OL help. Will probably carpetbomb CB picks on Day 3 like they always do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Parmesan Basil posted:

Gordon and Cooper are gonna gently caress us up in a few. Peters is a surprising pick. He doesn't sound like a Dorsey choice at all. Let's see if he starts.

I won't be too worried if he starts or not (at first) as long as one of him or Gaines is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

All things being equal, you draft the guy who cut a promo on Skip Bayless.

• Locked thread