Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mewse
May 2, 2006

MycroftXXX posted:

Hey Jon Jones, maybe it is you who are responsible for your reputation.

Hey Jon, Jon, Jon Jones, Jon Jones, God drat it! Put it down, Put it down, Put down the coke, get some fans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

God drat I don`t remember anyone linking Chael`s podcast recently, he`s discussing the Jones arrest with FrontRowBrian: http://podcastone.com/chaelsonnen

I`m about 20 minutes in and Chael is talking about just how much money had to have been in the car for Jones to return to the crime scene

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[suddenly sobers up becomes lucid in the middle of a jail cell] Hmm, some foul play going on here. My HAters will truly stop at nothing.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Apparently Jones was not even training for the May fight yet when the accident happened

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm starting to think that Jon Jones isn't a smart man

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

vainman posted:

What no one has mentioned yet is Silva broke Maia's eye socket early in the fight, so in addition to being called racial slurs for 25 minutes, he also couldn't see. It was garbage to watch but is sort of funny to remember.

Playboy is a racial slur?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm starting to think that Jon Jones isn't a smart man

Im going to reserve judgment

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

parthenocarpy posted:

Apparently Jones was not even training for the May fight yet when the accident happened

The fact that jones is as good as he is despite apparently not trying is frightening.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dangersim posted:

it's Classist which may be a big deal in wider brazilian society but when one wealthy guy is fighting another wealthy guy and says you grew up rich enabling you to pursue pyjama wrestling as a vocation i extremely don't give a poo poo

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

parthenocarpy posted:

I don't believe that, unless his drug habit is even worse than we know. I believe Jon Jones not doing any training between fights but there's no way Jones wasn't training for Rumble less than 4 weeks out.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe he was conducting his camp under the ring

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh come on Chael would never say something for effect

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't believe that, unless his drug habit is even worse than we know. I believe Jon Jones not doing any training between fights but there's no way Jones wasn't training for Rumble less than 4 weeks out.

The way Chael said it: The lawyer for Jones made a statement to the effect that Jones was getting ready to start training for his May fight. Not believing that he hadn`t started, Chael made some calls to people who would have known and confirmed that he hadn`t started camp. 32:50 on the podcast.

parthenocarpy fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 1, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I can't remember, did the NSAC or the UFC have to disclose that Jones failed a cocaine test?

I vaguely remember that being a talking point.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I may not be a smart man but I know what love is *grabs stack of cash, leaves pregnant lady behind*

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Jon Jones is dumb as gently caress and he's going to sign with bellator

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Google Butt posted:

They'll never let him out of his contract. I'm sure in their talks they mentioned how this was for good publicity and that he needs to show some humility during the process. They all know his comeback in six months or eight months will do gangbusters and he'll not really miss out.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ariza posted:

They'll never let him out of his contract. I'm sure in their talks they mentioned how this was for good publicity and that he needs to show some humility during the process. They all know his comeback in six months or eight months will do gangbusters and he'll not really miss out.

That's plenty of time for him to make more bad decisions.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

coconono posted:

I can't remember, did the NSAC or the UFC have to disclose that Jones failed a cocaine test?

I vaguely remember that being a talking point.

Essentially, the fact that the test was taken at all was a mistake, because cocaine isn't part of the normal out-of-competition testing list. Whether or not they were obliged to disclose it once it was mistakenly taken would be a question of law; I think it was divulged as the result of an FOI request from a journalist.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Google Butt posted:

Finally, we'll get the Jon Jones vs Francis Carmont fight we've been dreaming of

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The video editor in the pc version of GTA5 must not be all that great seeing as we don't have a youtube of Franklin recreating the entire incident yet.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It was pretty gross but chuck knows how to hide most of his freak flag. The worst moments were him insisting there's a gene that makes black people more violent (joe did a verbal double take but didnt follow up), a lot of misogynistic weirdness and a part where the two of them were laughing about a boardroom of all white starbucks admins talking about black people.....after a 45 minute long discussion about black people.

Honestly in the "wow you really hate some people for dumb reasons" race to the bottom I thought his last one with adam corrola was worse.

This is quickly becoming a hosed up Venn diagram of Weird Twitter and MMA. Why does Joe Rogan, co-host of The Man Show, care what Ginger Balls thinks about black people pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Panama Red posted:

This is quickly becoming a hosed up Venn diagram of Weird Twitter and MMA. Why does Joe Rogan, co-host of The Man Show, care what Ginger Balls thinks about black people pulling themselves up by their own bootstraps

Maybe he's genuinely curious about people with weird opinions and wants to discuss a variety of topics with an eclectic group of people on his podcast? In this case, he probably didn't realize how much of a hateful nut this guy was until it was too late.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He says he brought him on because he was one of the first people who was in on the unraveling of the UVA rape story. Unaware that this is due to Chuck sending out amatuer research teams anytime a rape is mentioned in print to figure out which feminist organization conspired to fake it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah I didn't mention it then but that post was beautiful and I felt compelled to quote it in a "jon jones is dumb" fb group I'm in....which might be made of all goons but I can't keep track of peoples usernames much less real ones.

are you the one who keeps posting racist things

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Dangersim posted:

I can't remember, it was awhile ago and a minor media thing. It was funny was what it was

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
No, you dumb fuckin wop.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Intel&Sebastian posted:

No, you dumb fuckin wop.

checks out

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Supposedly it is in Brazilian Portuguese. There were some news stories after UFC112 that said it's a racially charged and insulting way to address a rich white guy, so it made a lot of Brazilians uncomfortable. Apparently it caused such a controversy that Maia and Silva had to go on some big Brazilian TV talk show to publicly make up. Here's a Portuguese-language news article you can run through google translate or whatever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

a racially charged and insulting way to address a rich white guy

So you're telling me this country has magical blueberries, hot women, warm weather AND mean names that can actually hurt rich white guys?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So you're telling me this country has magical blueberries, hot women, warm weather AND mean names that can actually hurt rich white guys?

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Oh wait, the other shoe is horrible government corruption, poverty and crime

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Plus there is a fish that will swim up your pee hole

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candiru

mewse
May 2, 2006

Please jon jones, hurt another innocent person and save me from these bad posts

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Dangersim posted:

The fact that jones is as good as he is despite apparently not trying is frightening.
That was probably going to bite him harder than GSP-Serra 1.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

EvanSchenck posted:

Supposedly it is in Brazilian Portuguese. There were some news stories after UFC112 that said it's a racially charged and insulting way to address a rich white guy, so it made a lot of Brazilians uncomfortable. Apparently it caused such a controversy that Maia and Silva had to go on some big Brazilian TV talk show to publicly make up. Here's a Portuguese-language news article you can run through google translate or whatever.

Brazil was the largest importer of slaves during the slave trade and it's shadow looms large; so calling someone a playboy refers to those who don't work for their money, which brings up a ~certain other class~ of people who didn't work for their money.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

LordPants posted:

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Oh wait, the other shoe is horrible government corruption, poverty and crime

My bjj coach from a while back recounted how his father was an attorney and had his life and family threatened over some contract corruption - my coach just sort of shook his head not just in anger but a sort of bitter acceptance that this is the way things are there. Every Brazilian I've met that's immigrated here can't stop talking about how much they love Brazil but none of them seem to ever want to live there again.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
All the Brazilians who've come to visit our schools love it until they get chased off by the winter.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h1x_5Lfyo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

All the Brazilians who've come to visit our schools love it until they get chased off by the winter.

At one point the Ribeiro brothers, to great fanfare, opened a school in Ohio. Having spent Christmas there as a kid, I wasn't surprised to hear RJJA moving with great fanfare to San Diego after a couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
lol at that thumbnail image, if she ever pops for anything I'm reposting this vid

• Locked thread