Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
This years injuries are already awful

was the gus card a ppv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

it's okay you guys, nikita krylov fights on that card against another guy who has every win but 1 by first round KO

someone is going to die and i hope it's the brazilian

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Northjayhawk posted:

Watching Joanna champion TKO Carla was more entertaining than the "fight of the century". It was 18 years since I saw my last boxing match, and I don't think I'm going to watch another one.

lol

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Aurain posted:

Why did someone get super mad at you enough to give you this avatar.

i think its because i said bad things about mick foley in a wrestling thread

also nick always looks super happy when he's not in any sort of fighting situation or doing anything related to fighting

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Northjayhawk posted:

I'm never going to appreciate someone who is point-fighting and trying to win rounds instead of taking a bit more risk in order to attempt to hurt their opponent. Its really that simple, I knew exactly what Floyd was doing, and the fight sucked.

Northjayhawk posted:

well, its not necessarily a criticism of Mayweather, more a criticism of this terrible sport.

The "fight of the century" had 36 minutes of "fighting" after which everyone walked away unbruised. There's a reason why Lorenzo and the UFC has been clowning MayPac on social media all day.

Northjayhawk posted:

He was doing his best to win rounds. Point-fighting is not something that I believe should be appreciated.

Lol

And a lol to straw weights being better than Floyd in any way

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Neither Gatti nor Ward are better than Floyd in any way but all three of their fights were still way better than this one.

I meant the Joanna champion post he made earlier

E - misunderstood your post

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

MMA Hour looks like it might be neat today: Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson, Junior dos Santos, Ryan Bader, Malki Kawa, Michelle Waterson, Jessica Penne, Luke Thomas

Starting at 1 PM Eastern

quote:

1 p.m. ET -- MMAFighting.com's Luke Thomas will recap Mayweather vs. Pacquaio and talk about the fall of Jon Jones.

1:25 p.m. -- Light heavyweight contender Ryan Bader will discuss what's next for him after getting pulled from the Daniel Cormier fight.

1:45 p.m. -- Daniel Cormier will talk about replacing Jon Jones against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187.

2:05 p.m. -- Anthony Johnson will discuss now fighting Cormier instead of Jones on May 23.

2:25 p.m. -- Michelle Waterson will talk about signing with the UFC and making her Octagon debut on July 12.

2:45 p.m. -- Junior dos Santos will discuss his recent injury rehab and what's next for him.

3:05 p.m. -- Jon Jones' manager Malki Kawa discuss his client's tumultuous week, which led to Jones getting stripped of the UFC light heavyweight title.

3:25 p.m. -- We'll go Inside the Vault and look back at a classic interview.

3:45 p.m. -- UFC strawweight Jessica Penne will preview UFC Berlin title fight against champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

Time breakdown is approximate but between Malki Kawa and DC and AJ, hopefully some funny Jon Jones stuff will happen

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Hopefully Bellator lets them start getting the kickboxing henna back tattoo ads

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Is miesha known for being a bad person or something?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Bean Fried posted:

Well, it's not like I can unsperg this. Here are the next 13 fight cards as of right now, updated, for reference.

Upcoming UFC Events

Main Card
Catchweight (140 lbs.): Urijah Faber (#3 BW) vs. Frankie Edgar (#2 FW)

uh where did you see this 140 lbs thing because it's nowhere in the news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

we don't know enough about fighter pay to be able to make any definitive statements

every one of these discussions has gone the same way, on paper 8/8 looks really bad but then people always bring up undisclosed pay from the ufc

no one knows poo poo and every one for the most part unless they make a post like kurohashi that has something behind it is just making poo poo up or extrapolating a lot based on very little

• Locked thread