Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
People who live in New York City are objectively better than other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I think it's cool to beat the gently caress out of women over and over for a decade, so I liked the fight.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Like... say what you want about.... how it's boring or whatever.... but the artistry, the skill, the mastery of the way that guy pumps his big pillow hands around and boofs the other guy in the belly... you can't deny it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I can think of like four mma decisions that are actual robberies on the scale that boxing matches have on the reg, 95% of bad mma decisions are extremely close fights where after careful review the fan comes to the conclusion that the fighter he likes won.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

To me, one thing that 205 has going for it is that the best fighter in all of human history, Jon Jones Bones, is the champion.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

That all sounds correct.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Dangersim posted:

I think you guys are vastly underestimating how much money can be spent on cocaine

All of it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Cerrone is going to be ufc lightweight champion Allahu Akbar

Why.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

He's right.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

he was never the best fighter or the best living figther or whatever for a second

he was the best HW for four years. Maybe he b elongs in the hall of flaming out

Sure... Fedor was a good heavyweight for a minute. Two million of them. But then later he wasn't as good. Turns out the guy sucks. You know who doesn't suck? A series of men who lost to frank mir and brandon vera.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

at the time I thought Maynard beat Diaz decisively enough to get the shot

It was a very bad fight but I don't think it's very disputable that Grey Maynard won it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Foul Fowl posted:

kind of, but Bader was never a hot poo poo prospect the way Jones or Connor was. he was considered a solid enough dude but Jones was on another level, the only way Bader was gonna win that fight was by hoping Jones secretly had a bad chin.

Actually if you go back you'll discover that, much like every single fight jones has ever had against a person who had completed a takedown in a fight, many people thought that sure this jones guy is PRETTY good.... but we've never seen him on his back. And I think that Ryan Bader Vlad The Janitor Rashad Evans Rampage Chael Sonnen Dan C. is just the man to test him.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Google Butt posted:

Congratulations on the biggest win of your career x 10

THIS Is what I say to myself every morning after I manage to drop another turd with out aggravating my hemorrhoids.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

david carmichael posted:

weird how mark hunts "new and improved wrestling defense" was exactly the same wrestling defense as before

Look. He's really strong. That means you can't take him down, because of his strongness.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

It was me, Keven, who pmed him. I was the one who became butt salty and rear end crushed.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

"Going out on the shield" is a ref to staying home and watching marvels agents of shield instead of hitting the town, similar to a staycation.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

He's correct.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

It was more like the fight where mark started a walk off ko and the guy got back up so mark had to turn around and hit him more.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Weidman has never lost.

He lost my respect when I found out about when he bought a drat dog on credit.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Who here is doing this?

u

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I hope that milk toast rear end mother fucker loses.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I hope he wins the title and rakes in that sweet reward money from Reebok, 50 dollars and 1x can of beans per fight.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Actually colonics are really good and his attitude is lovely and disrespectful.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Congrats to Fat Bad Fighter Dan C. on getting a belt he doesn't deserve in any way shape or form haha.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Oooh no Dan C is mad because Ryan bader is trying to ruin his special night... this Herb hasn't heard the last from the man who will for sure beat him, Ryan Bader.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Ok, thanks.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I'm also sorry about that, but I'm moving forwards.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Probably some jerks are like that, but it's not really relevant in this case since he didn't win a championship.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Anderson Silva broke his leg in half, healed, came back and won a fight. Cain's last fight was before any of this occured.

What fight did he win

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

The thrill and agony of being a Chris Wideman fan.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You'd think they would have given him much better seats just for being there

WWE loves those 'look at the famous people that show up to our shows' crowd shots

Here's a fat guy you've never seen before wrestling fans.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

that knockout always makes me think of the post about how it was a bad stoppage because he was clearly about to triangle hendo, it stays with me always

edit: please join me

Those posts are all true

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

I can't remember if it was here or Sherdog where someone claimed that after the first shot Fedor "relaxed" to avoid further punches and he totally would have countered the position had it not been for the punches to the back of the head and early stoppage.

That's true.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Personally I'm not a fan of bitch mode no names using media to degenerate the exceptional ones among us due to base jealousy and boredom I E "haters." But despite that I would still like to thank them for making me stronger.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Reebok thread June: won't you "june" us in enjoying the many fine Reebok sport gear options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I think it's bull poo poo that they made vitor fight without steroids even though it's one of his strongest weapons. Like congrats cris wide man you milk toast herb, you beat easy mode. I'm sooooo impressed.

• Locked thread