Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Northjayhawk posted:

well, its not necessarily a criticism of Mayweather, more a criticism of this terrible sport.

The "fight of the century" had 36 minutes of "fighting" after which everyone walked away unbruised. There's a reason why Lorenzo and the UFC has been clowning MayPac on social media all day.

There's an alternate universe where the Anderson Silva Demian Maia card cost $100 on PPV and there's no mainstream UFC in 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

Our dominant champs hit women with cars instead.

At least he came back to the scene 5 times. Once to get money, once to get a hot dog, once to take a selfie, once to pet a dog, and once to put her in the drivers seat to make it look like she actually did it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Yeah this is the thing to me too, like even when the main event on a UFC card is a complete turd (and there have been many), there's usually at least a couple undercard/prelim fights that redeem the event to some extent. I didn't watch last night's card but from what I can gather people paid $100 for an underwhelming main event and three or four other matches that pitted huge favourites beating up on nobodies.

One of the fights was between a growing prospect, and a Tijuanan construction worker insurance salesman who never won a 10 round fight and who took the fight 2 weight classes above his regular weight on a week's notice.

The fight went to decision.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kensei posted:

Pretty sure I won't be doing that :)

He had one last week and it's good you missed it, he held so much a point was threatened deducted if he did it again in the last few rounds and it actually looked like he tried to fight after that. But of course it was only threatened because he fought in this country, which probably won't happen again,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hunt/Crocop is his retirement fight

Why wouldn't I be happy with this fight of the year contender

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I sincerely don't keep track of boxing at all, so am I reading correct that Floyd pretty much holds every lineal and actual title for his weightclasses? Also jesus boxing has a lot of belts.

There's also interim belts for when fighters are hurt

Even if you're bad, it's not difficult to get a belt nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jon Jones is smart about money because Jon Jones is smart about everything else. Just look at this mountain of evidence of instances where Jon Jones has been smart:

• Locked thread