Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Panama Red posted:

I would but Torres or Markos in there before Moroz, even though that would probably be a good matchup. Torres is a dynamic striker. With Esparza having had her shot and Gadelha coming off an injury, Penne is the most logical option standings wise, just a terrible choice style wise. She's a great offensive grappler, it's sort of like Maia in that she will be known for one thing about her game, but just lacks the roundedness to excel. It would be funny of this ended up like Anderson/Maia tho. Praying Penne does what Cookie Monster couldn't

What happened between Anderson and Maia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

The first 2 rounds are Anderson clowning like he's never clowned before, and talking poo poo while embarrassing Maia and it's super entertaining. He even does a Machida impression at one point. Just turn it off after round 2, because the last 3 rounds are him doing absolutely nothing to the point the ref threatened to take a point for passivity.

Dana threatened to cut him if he ever did it again.

Oh wow! Why was Maia not warned for passivity? Would it not require both of them to be cagey?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

We've already established that when Floyd fights women it usually goes to the judges

:drat:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought it was neat watching Floyd put on a defensive clinic, I don't think a fight has to be Gatti-Ward to be exciting.

Wlad's last fight was against a guy who started fighting when Wlad was on his 7th title defense.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

McGregor posted a video of a sparring session that seemed to focus on checking kicks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'd still like to see that rematch, I'm convinced Gus's biggest problem was that he was trying to fight a long and rangey fight as if he was in there with Jones.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When did Mahk Hunto look like this?

Also, source?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My friend has trained with people who train in SBG and apparently McGregor vapes a loving ton, so don't be surprised to see him pop for Nick Diaz levels of weed. Then again I don't know my pal well enough to say if he's a pub talker or not.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think Aldo should win, but I'm expecting Conor to. I'm all in a tizzy over this tbh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Conor's vision of his victory always comes true...

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Cmon guys you know Silva always hangs back for a while at the start

This and your JBJ wake up call post made me smile a lot! 10/10

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How come in the UFC.com P4P rankings some of the people on it (Belfort) are ranked below other people in their division who aren't on the list?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Northjayhawk posted:

She'll have to beat her twice, because in the very unlikely case Rousey loses, there would obviously be an instant rematch.

Not really, as soon as she loses once her untouchable status will never come back. Not saying she wouldn't get an instant rematch or w/e though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

origami posted:

So you're saying that if Rousey lost it would be unlikely for her to get an instant rematch but then maybe she would get an instant rematch?

If Ronda lost to anyone the rematch fight would do huge numbers.

No I'm saying Beth will have backed up her trash talk if she wins once, it will not require two wins. Not that I think she will win.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Noted goblin and ratings draw Renan Barao was going to get an instant rematch after getting his rear end beat from bell to bell before he went tubthumping. If Ronda loses there will be a rematch and Bethe would be lucky to appear on the poster for UFC 195: Ronda's Revenge.

BlindSite posted:

In your mind maybe but 99.9% of MMA fans would think she deserves an immediate rematch and is still the better fighter.

I made a killing twice on Chris Weidman beating Silva. He couldn't have won the first fight more convincingly and people still wrote effort posts about how he was better than Weidman. Bethe would need to beat her twice no matter how she won the first one.

Fair points, I retract my point I guess. Andy's loss is a great example of how it'd be treated!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Will those new rules apply to Nick even though his test failure was before them?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Maybe he's telling the truth and he wasn't abusing her. Just throwing it out there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anyone who thinks Mousasi only has one facial expression has clearly never seen him hanging out with his best buddy in the whole world

:3: Amirkhani bonus

There're plenty more of Amirkhani and Mousasi too

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dana basically called Schaub a liar

quote:

“No, I don’t think we’re screwing our athletes on the Reebok deal. You know, any time we make any type of change here, people go crazy in this sport. It’s a great opportunity. Nobody ever said that these guys couldn’t have sponsors. They can still keep their sponsors, they can have all the sponsors they want. They can even have clothing sponsors. They just can’t wear it in the UFC. How is that different than any other sport? All the other sports, whether it’s hockey or football, baseball, whatever, everybody’s allowed to have sponsors outside the league, and not inside. And, these guys are getting all the money from the Reebok deal. I mean, all the money goes to them.”

"Brendan Schaub is claiming he makes over $100,000 per fight with sponsorship,” Dana White said. “These are some of his sponsors: Big Rentals Construction Company, KeepItPlayful.com, the Reign Training Center, Box 'N Burn Gym, Alchemist Management ... this is true, this is no joke, NOHO Hangover. I'm sure this guy is making over $100,000 per fight.”

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Who do people have for Rumble/DC?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm torn because if DC loses he'll be so sad, but if he wins that means he's just a paper champion.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

fatherdog posted:

[url=http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/16/8616227/ufc-gegard-mousasi-calls-out-michael-bisping-for-next-fight-sort-of]

I hope he doesn't fight Jacaré I like them both too much

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bumpy Johnson posted:

They already fought in September and Jacare won.

CarlCX posted:

fake edit: what he said ^^

I hope he doesn't fight Jacare because they just did that months ago and it was extremely definitive

I'd looked at his record and knew they were 1-1 but for some reason I thought the second fight was a long time ago still. My mistake!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Conor McGregor and his gym are publicly supporting gay marriage in Ireland :anime:

P much everyone is including large sections of the Catholic church. Plus MMA is the gayest sport so it'd be weird of them not to.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vitor's knockout of rockhold was so good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Amirkhani's social media stuff is like one kitten post away from a 13 year old girl's and I couldn't love it more :3: Hope he kicks rear end in Berlin

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pwny_Xpress posted:

I liked seeing the humble, more human side of Conor in that. I like him.

Agreed. Fistbumping the camera man was v cool

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm assuming whoever wins most dominantly in the Flyweight fights is going to be next to take at shot at MMMDMMJ?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Centripetal Horse posted:

How did the UFC fail to call 187 "Murderer's Row"? How do you let a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity like having an event numbered 187 just slip by like that?

UFC 187: Redirected Homicidal Tendencies. I am excite.

I don't get the reference :(

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

Murderers row was the 1927 yankees lineup, which was pretty much all great hitters from start to finish, with babe ruth and lou gehrig in the middle

Oh cool! I've heard of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig(or his disease at least)!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dead Snoopy posted:

are there plans for a 2nd season of The Notorious, or will UFC just package all of the Embedded episodes pertaining to the Aldo/McGregor press junkets & put them on a dvd if McGregor wins?

Probably. It was made by RTE, the state broadcaster, and it got pretty good viewing figures.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dangersim posted:

How famous is Conor in Ireland? (You're irish right?)

I am yeah. He's absolutely huge, the last two years he has been the second most googled athlete in the country only losing out to Oscar Pistorius. Without hyperbole you'd be extremely hard pressed to find anyone in the country who doesn't know his name. That's not to say he's beloved by everyone but he's certainly known. I'd say the majority of people like him than dislike him though and even his detractor's tend to admit "but it's great to see an Irish athlete doing well". If he beats Aldo he could probably convince the nation to back him in a presidential coup.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't like DC's smug mic drop, I find it strange that he can be so proud and happy with the belt and call out the man who made him cry last time he tried for it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

DC lost the battle but he's winning the war on drugs.

If cake was outlawed on Tuesday by Wednesday DC would be gunning down innocents looking for his next hit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bundt Cake posted:

The reason to not be interested in Cormier is the same as it always was. He's proved he's really good at fighting, but every guy he fights crumbles under his pressure so the fights aren't really that exciting and are real predictable every time. All the posts about how hes a fake champ bug me.

I like DC and don't hate his fights at all. I think it is just silly to act like you are the undisputed champion when your very last fight was a clear loss to the champion and you cried after it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It looks like parents with their son

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The first Dodson fight with DJ was great, but if he fights remotely like he did on Saturday he'll be brutalised.

e: Video break down by Jack Slack of AA and Brown. P cool imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwktNG1HY0

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 25, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

like you saw. dodson, while not looking like poo poo (objectively), did not put up an argument against a guy who got starched by mm in <1 round getting the next title shot

Makovsky did not fight MM. Maybe I misread your post.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How long has Andy's hearing been delayed this time? Also has anyone ever had this much good will and belief in them despite popping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought Jack Slack made a good point saying it was madness for Weidman to sprint across the cage after Belfort. If that had been Machida or Anderson they might have killed him. Also if we're always hoping for the funniest outcome does that mean we're hoping McGregor subs Aldo off his back?

• Locked thread