Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://uk.ufc.com/news/Jedrzejczyk-Penne-New-Berlin-Main-Event

Gustafsson/Teixeira is off due to injury, Joanna Champion now main eventing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm not a fan of bader's standup, it always has the same punchline

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Diego says he's moving to 145 and wants the belt. The people of the world rise, with one mind, and one voice to say: gently caress off diego

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sanchez recently agreed to a sponsorship opportunity with Instant Knockout Fat Burner and said that when he started using the product, he suddenly realized dropping to 145 pounds was a real possibility

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[suddenly sobers up becomes lucid in the middle of a jail cell] Hmm, some foul play going on here. My HAters will truly stop at nothing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dangersim posted:

Playboy is a racial slur?

it's Classist which may be a big deal in wider brazilian society but when one wealthy guy is fighting another wealthy guy and says you grew up rich enabling you to pursue pyjama wrestling as a vocation i extremely don't give a poo poo

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe he was conducting his camp under the ring

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So the Mark Hunt rollercoaster is due to start soon, I hope you're all ready for the various mood swings, depressing interviews, crises of faith, requests for a 275lb limit, delirious statements due to dehydration, dramatic retirements and then retractions once he's had some bread, and hopefully a fight at the end of it

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Google Butt posted:

So does floyd.

wow, holy poo poo, talk about a coincidence

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Thank God there's never been a boring champion who sells lots of PPVs in MMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
somewhere tim sylvia is experiencing an unexplained tingle of joy

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Before I make any predictions: how many of you guys went to church today?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
church attendance is looking bad, hope you guys are happy when Stipe TKOs Hunt and Hunt/Crocop is his retirement fight

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Dangersim posted:

multiply that by about a hundred

he showed his hundred million dollar cheque to kevin iole but wouldn't let him touch it. and that's not even counting front end or back end monies. they passed 500k buys before the card even started, and hbo had to stall for time because they had a backlog of buy requests. just absolutely insane money.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Things THat Make You Go Hmm:

quote:

If they come test me for my fight with Weidman, they have to go test Weidman as well on the same date, same time. That’s an equal system. It has to be fair. It’s not fair that they test me seven times and only test him once.

- Vitor Belfort, March 5th

quote:

May 23 rapidly approaching, Chris Weidman told me that he has been randomly tested by the Nevada Athletic Commission four times leading up to this fight with Vitor Belfort. Two times urine, two times blood. I asked Nevada, ‘How many times have you randomly tested Vitor Belfort?’

They deferred me to the UFC, who then deferred me back to Nevada. I asked Vitor; he wouldn’t respond. So I know that Chris has been tested four times; I don’t know how many times Vitor has been.

- Ariel Helwani, May 2nd

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
whatever, malki. the gently caress else is he gonna do

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
he's coming back because bloodsports are the only way for a guy who's had a taste of the good life to keep making lots of money with convictions and an unfinished community college education. well i mean there's drug dealing but he's maybe not the best guy at staying out of trouble.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Bluedeanie posted:

Photographic evidence of Luke Thomas about to accept payment for an interview.

lmao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
here's a funny story about werdum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9Ocv3OhPY

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
gotta give it to the man, he does question everything

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
that's cool but it's kind of funny that Anderson could take pride of place next to Ken Shamrock

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
they should put the guys i like in it, and a separate wing to house me so that i can complain bitterly

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ariza posted:

Everyone here hates Fedor. Which is fine by me, but he was probably the best fighter around for a while. I know people like to pretend that he wasn't fighting legit competition, but before the UFC he was fighting the best (and freakshows because it paid) around. Hendo knocking him out is in my top five fighting moments in history though, so I'm in no way a weirdo about him. He was fun to watch for a very long time, a long time ago.

he was both the best heavyweight for several years and also spent years comically ducking even mild competition and extorting promoters to fight cans. he was incredibly bold faced about it but there was this constructed narrative that he was too pure a soul to possibly do that and now he gives interviews on tv saying every country in the world except russia is fascist

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the mark hunt photo was taken just before he tore his knee and needed surgery and rededicated himself to kfc

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Grifter posted:

Oh, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, I keep forgetting how many times you got massacred to satisfy PRIDE bloodlust, much like how you keep forgetting the names of your children.

you probably keep forgetting because it wasn't very many times

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i am sorry to say this, but this is what lies in my heart: i feel stipe will win, unfortunately

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i bet an x-ray of mark hunt looks like a regular dude stretched from 4:3 to widescreen

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I think Hunt's chin is going and even though he's done an excellent job of defying all logic so far, he has to start slowing down at some point. However I hope he punches Stipe so hard and perfectly that he falls face first through the middle of the canvas and emerges in Ohio.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

hahaha

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgYCcw6gilM

lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

lmfao

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.facebook.com/therealmarkhunt/posts/930131607031870

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
THE LORD GOD: alright i was pretty mad before but now i feel like i can once more trust you with my most beautiful and pure child
THE HUMAN RACE: we've developed a new kind of satanic ritual torture that combines being punched 400 times with also being in australia

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
at least mark hunt will go down in the record books for what he was truly great at: getting hit in the head

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also it's bad that hunt is back to being a .500 fighter

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
grace and class being shown by renan barao in equal measure: http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/10/8149771/renan-barao-t-j-dillashaw-is-not-a-champion-hes-a-joker

quote:

"I looked in his eyes just to tell him, 'I will kick your rear end,'" Barao said through an interpreter in a recent media scrum. "I don't like him, because he talks a lot of sh*t. He's not a champion -- he's a joker."

[...]

"T.J. Dillashaw had one defense of the title and he thinks he's the best champion in the world," Barao said.

[...]

"He said I'm not fast," Barao said. "He said I have problems cutting weight. It's my personal life. He's not a champion, because you have to concentrate on his career, not my career.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
you think you're a champion just because you insanely kicked my rear end? wrong bitch, i'm on a diet now. you think i can't cut weight just because i got knocked out by a bathroom? this is not the behaviour of a champion.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
being a ring doctor must be cool because you get hired to do your job on the unspoken basis that you must never do your job

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Stand back! I'm a doctor. No, like, stand back, so we can all get a good look at this dude dying on the floor. Gnarly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
we've failed at all sponsorship Goon Projects but if jon jones ever goes to prison we should organise a letter writing campaign to send letters that say "hey pussy are you still there" and nothing more until his release

• Locked thread