Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I'm starting to think that Jon Jones isn't a smart man

Im going to reserve judgment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The most intimidating voices are GSP, Anderson and BJ

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Shumagorath posted:

Frankie needs to get a mount or crucifix on Uriah at least once so the ref can run over and vaccinate him.

hahaha

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Northjayhawk posted:

I'm never going to appreciate someone who is point-fighting and trying to win rounds instead of trying to hurt their opponent. Its really that simple, I knew exactly what Floyd was doing, and the fight sucked.

Hes doing his best dude what do you want him to do throw down in the middle of the ring until blood is spraying everywhere

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I never want to watch someone who tries to win at the sport they're playing again. I only want to watch people being whipped and paddled

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

vainman posted:

Seth B got cut

Bye good fighter

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Is he really not coming back cuz we're mean or is it cuz of all the bad stuff he did

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Can I vote for Busta

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I remember Bundt saying that he enjoys good fights between top fighters more then exciting fights between nobodies, and I agree. Like it was fun but I could have cared less about who won Grice/Bermudez.

theyre just making a ufc museum. who cares about the hall of fame its dumb anyway, although weirdly correct so far

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
They should make a Years section and put 2006 in it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
he was never the best fighter or the best living figther or whatever for a second

he was the best HW for four years. Maybe he b elongs in the hall of flaming out

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
itd be like saying karo was one of the best wws ever. sure he was good for a minute but explosive throws and never finishing anyone good only adds up to so much

still hate fedor after all these years

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Fedor was probably the best heavyweight in the world, and certainly correctly the #1 heavyweight in the world, between 2003 and.... sometime between 2008 and 2010. But "he was fighting the best around" wasn't true even without the benefit of hindsight; there was a lot of fan anticipation for him to fight Ricco, Barnett, Kharitonov, and Werdum in PRIDE, all of whom were both willing and able (and in most cases eager) to fight him, and he openly ducked all of them.

Looking back people always say Well who should he have fought? but there was blood boiling outrage for every single match up Fedor had besides Nog and Cro Cop

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 6, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Gregor Samsa posted:

Davis has a fairly domestic wrestling style, imo

:)

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Sure... Fedor was a good heavyweight for a minute. Two million of them. But then later he wasn't as good. Turns out the guy sucks. You know who doesn't suck? A series of men who lost to frank mir and brandon vera.

Oh keven!

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
post McCorkle

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/TheRenegade559/status/595997399501287424]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN8kGzHH00I

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bluedeanie posted:

Doesn't really dispute what I said for the reasons 1st AD explained.

The Lil Nog fight was a series of terribly failed takedowns until the third when Nog gassed. He got Machida down a few times for a short amount of time and did nothing with it. He and Bader shut each other down and led to the tragedy we all saw. Rashad shut him down and made him look like a foolish child in a Passion play. We all saw how hard Rumble shucked him and I don't think he even tried to wrestle Vinny out of fear of the submission. His best wrestling performance in recent memory was the Glover fight.

thats a lot of good fighters hes been fighting, except bader

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
edgar beat tyson griffin, a bigger top prospect with similar strengths and more experience, bocek who was another prospect who would go on to a long UFC career, spencer fisher who was a contender at LW for years and had even beaten some good guys at WW, Hermes Franca who fought for the title and raped some kids and Sean Sherk, who'd been the champion. His title shot was completely justified. He beat 5 contender/championship caliber fighters and prospects who were rising as quickly as he was. He already had a championship resume when he fought for the title.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
at the time I thought Maynard beat Diaz decisively enough to get the shot

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

fatherdog posted:

Also Frankie was scheduled to fight Pellegrino, who at the time was on a three-fight win streak and had just beaten Josh Neer, but Pellegrino got injured and Veach was a late replacement (and at the time 11-0).

fisher, franca, and sherk would've been a good resume for the champ. if a guy had beaten those three and lost his championship, he'd be in the conversation with Edgar and Bj as the best.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Thats some fine beating

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Mark Rosholt

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I shook hands with jeff monson waiting on pizza by the slice. a-league as sh!t

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Aurain posted:

If it was ethically justifiable, I'm sure most sports would have a PED league and said league would be the most popular form of the sport in short order.

People enjoy freak shows and seemingly inhuman achievements. What better way to guarantee that than by making it inhuman by nature?

It probably won't ever happen, naturally.

thats what it is now

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I think its OK that Cormier has lost a fight before

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The reason to not be interested in Cormier is the same as it always was. He's proved he's really good at fighting, but every guy he fights crumbles under his pressure so the fights aren't really that exciting and are real predictable every time. All the posts about how hes a fake champ bug me.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

So many people saying they aren't interested in Cormier fight is the most interest in Cormier I've ever seen

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

EmmyOk posted:

I like DC and don't hate his fights at all. I think it is just silly to act like you are the undisputed champion when your very last fight was a clear loss to the champion and you cried after it.

the first thing he did was mention jon jones, sorry he didnt throw the belt in a garbage can and poop on it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The wrong guy having the UFC LHW title is the proper state of affairs anyway

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Gustaffson was the champ, then Rumble beat him, and now DC beat Rumble. I dont see the problem calling him champ

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Andre pederneiras retired I guess. starting with BJ Penn he churned out fighters without wrestling backgrounds who could stop the greatest wrestlers from taking them down. Hopefully theres other people who can pass it on

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
im glad browne has had some good performances

hes had a few real bad ones

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 26, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

it was hard to quote, and it shouldnt be

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

Browne's in a position now where he's never going to be champ barring some sort of massive improvement, but he'll stick around for years because he has fun fights and he can beat guys outside the top 5.

or getting the poo poo beaten out of him repeatedly will catch up with him and he'll get finished in the first round more than he has already

well i guess it wasnt as many times as I thought but still hes taking a lot of damage lately. I hope hes ok

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 26, 2015

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

From time to time I think about the "I'm shakeing" post and remember how much I agreed

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Theres no way I have to like Arnold S.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Arnold Schwarzenegger is living Being There except instead of Peter Sellers its a roided up Nazi

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Maybe hes a murder addict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I am not comfortable making these sorts of judgments short of truly horrendous poo poo.

Like hating every person who has done something lovely in the past sounds exhausting. People are complex creatures and this "bad person" label is childish and gets thrown around way too much.

Maybe I take it personally because I am a former heroin addict and alcoholic, and I have done some real lovely things I am not proud of. It makes me angry that people would look at those and nothing else about me or my life and make the judgment that I am a "bad person".

You guys are hung up on him banging his maid as some sticking point for whether or not hes alright, but what about him being a hypocrite with regards to other peoples lives when it comes to drugs. Guy literally made his fortune being the best at using illegal drugs, then he went on to be governor and oversee people having their lives ruined over the same thing

The guy is scum on a national level

• Locked thread