Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

EmmyOk posted:

Oh wow! Why was Maia not warned for passivity? Would it not require both of them to be cagey?

Maia was actually trying very hard but was quite gassed and his standup was so basic he couldn't cover ground or cut Anderson off, their reach difference was also very apparent. Even with that, Maia started like boxer-size step chasing Anderson around desperately trying to land while Anderson dodged and evaded.

The moral of the story is its remarkably hard to have a unilateral fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Trast posted:

Jon Jones is building his case brick by brick.

Ironic: he's usually destroying a case of bricks.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

The problem is that you watch a ufc card and you get a good mix. A chess match, a war, a satisfying one sided beating. It's s dependable product

I enjoyed mayweatherpac but dang you get so much more for your money from the ufc.

Edit: and loving lol at everyone criticizing Floyd for being too good at not getting hit. You make a fool of yourself saying poo poo like that.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Lhw really was talented given the level of fighters at the time. lightweight was probably the only division deeper. What happened was 205 got old and only bones turned into the fighter we thought he would be. Meanwhile other weights had good talent coming up

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

The Sphinxster posted:

I wonder. If he isn't already set for life will more big paydays turn him in to a saver? Probably not. This could get sad.

Professional sports.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

If it's like the other joe Rogan quotes it's out of context from a 3 hour long conversation

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Historic fights should be like a hundred fights with a matching UFC streaming play list. Make it a catch all of exciting nobodies, important fighters and whatever else. Then when people want to get into MMA it's a one click education.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Nierbo posted:

I feel like rewatching Frankie and greys fights now. Seeing Frankie come back after that much damage is a miracle

It really was unbelievable. I've seen guys get a lucky/good one punch comeback but you could watch Frankie getting it back together in that fight like a time lapse video.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

CommonShore posted:

this is probably a bit :tinfoil: but doesn't the UFC kind of have a "too many guys" problem in some divisions right now, anyway? Letting a few fighters go to greener pastures could allow them to increase perceptions of card quality, increase the sponsorship payouts for the existing UFC fighters, allow talents to develop outside of the UFC for "superfights" without it actually costing the UFC anything to bring the fighter up themselves, and undermine the antitrust lawsuit's bargaining position.

A few advantages, anyway.

They've straight up cut guys in bulk before though. I doubt they'd bother with some convoluted squeeze out.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"My fighter is a wrestler so his rear end is premium real estate. "

Our sport, everyone.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Nibbles! posted:

It's probably a safe assumption that the entire system of back-room payments is structured so they can pay fighters less though.

I feel this way too. The UFC does good things for fighters but it wouldn't be so secretive if they want people doing the math. Maybe they pay disproportionate money to favorites, maybe they don't but tell guys they'll make Anderson silva money in x more fights. Who knows but it's a secret for a reason.

Still better than boxing, worse than baseball. #organizedlabor

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Will those new rules apply to Nick even though his test failure was before them?

Literally unconstitutional so I would assume no. but maybe not applicable for whatever reason here.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

My aunt takes ambien and she has done some of those wacky zombie things. With my uncle and cousin to confirm. I think she lowered her dose or changed something because it hasn't happened in a while.

Also I used to know people that mixed ambien and whatever stimulant to have waking hallucinations.

One guy took a bump and a pill and said all he could hear was, "you still there, pussy"

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

VP of fighters Mathew Hughes needs to give rumble a good talking to on when it's ok to assault women. For example, after they have your child and are recovering in the hospital.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

fatherdog posted:

The rest of Vitor's game is gassing and giving up.

Hey he put a permanent hitch in jone's elbow before gassing and giving up. So, that's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

Captain Log posted:

I'm knew nineteen year olds serving at a restaurant that each spent over a grand on these games. The younger generation and disposable income is going to be hysterical for the next five years. The Great Recession has parents accepting "not going to college and living at home while working twenty hours a week" as being somehow responsible.

Better than not going to class and wracking up 20k in debt while dropping a thousand on phone games I guess.

I wish I could believe Weidman and Cerrone won't be dead broke in 10 years. It's perhaps the definition of fair given they're doing it to themselves but it saddens me. Maybe king Faber or gsp will let them live in a rental at cost.

• Locked thread