Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Should have used this for RDA's pic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gregor Samsa posted:

Robert De Niro: actor known for his portrayal of archetypal pussies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_G1zaPCPw

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't know. Joanna's skill level seems to be pretty high.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not a fan, myself.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I sincerely don't keep track of boxing at all, so am I reading correct that Floyd pretty much holds every lineal and actual title for his weightclasses? Also jesus boxing has a lot of belts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I replied to him and just said "don't forget about tito" and now bader follows me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Trast posted:

Given the way the NFL chews up athletes and wrings them for every dime they can I can see why Dana would be into following their example.

Could you imagine if Adrian Peterson's people had done the work on Dom Cruz's knees?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ariza posted:

I thought NFL players made millions of dollars? What's their rehab model?

The teams themselves typically pay all of the medical bills and have an actual staff full of rehabilitation and physical therapy people at the training facilities that work with athletes to ensure they recover as fast and properly as possible. This doesn't always apply if you're an expendable player like on the practice squad or something, but they actively have people that babysit the entire process from start to finish to ensure that they're getting the most out of their athletes.

Could you imagine how active Cain Velasquez might be if he were away from AKA while recovering and actually healed up properly from major injuries?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NFL players are also protected by a pretty solid union, for the most part.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

No way jones doesn't come back.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So Khabib just tweeted that the UFC is paying for his surgery and rehab in Vegas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Northjayhawk posted:

Doesn't every UFC fighter have medical coverage that includes training? I didn't think the UFC only paid for injuries from the fight, assuming you don't do something stupid like skydive.

I had pretty much assumed that before fighters were on their own for the most part.

What the UFC is doing with Khabib as the prototype is run surgery through recovery all in house in vegas akin to NFL rehab programs so they can ensure that people bounce back stronger instead of just injuring themselves again because they aren't seeing the best doctors/therapists possible.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Malki Kawa is now saying that stripping Bones was unfair.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There was a video the UFC posted on their Facebook page but I can't find it anywhere else. It was a highlight reel of Ronda mostly tossing around Meisha and then one of her KOing Alexis Davis. The posted it with #shedon'tneed12rounds.

I also saw a tweet from the fake ray rice's wife account that said something like "my husband hits harder than maywether."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Aldo isn't beating Conor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

He's good op

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I wonder what the comparison is in other sports. The NFL, for example, has complete uniform control and requires sponsor gear to be worn during games fining players progressively larger amounts for infringement. I think nike is the current shoe sponsor, so anyone wearing underarmor, reebok, etc on the field is fined. I don't know if any player gets a direct cut of that exclusive sponsorship at all. Cursory googling shows nothing that indicates they do.

On the other hand, the collective bargaining power of the players has them guaranteed a fixed percentage of revenue that must be given to players. I'm certain something like this nike deal is included in that revenue calculation so about half of the billion spent by nike did eventually find players pockets.

Basically, if this increases fighter pay even with diminishing sponsorship money it can still be a good thing so long as more revenue gets guaranteed for the fighters. If the UFC raises salaries significantly based upon exclusive sponsorships like this then it's a much better thing for all fighters to be free of the worry about individual sponsor bullshit. They can still get sponsored, do commercials, and all that other poo poo, but I think everyone will get paid more in the long run. Really, there needs to be some sort of collective bargaining to guarantee the cut of revenue, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

While the past few pages were certainly riveting, I just got home from work and heard Frankie/Faber was actually competitive. C/D please.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Hendo may not be good but it sure is fun watching him land that BRH.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If DC can wrestle Rumble, he can take a decision. If Rumble can keep from getting taken down, he could easily box up DC.

I think it comes down to whether AJ gets poked in the eye or not.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I want Rumble to win because I want to believe that he could have beat Jones and if DC whoops him up then the dream is destroyed and bones really is the best ever.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Captain Log posted:

So domestic violence bad man who couldn't put away Arvloski for three rounds after punching his jaw into two separate pieces will just walk through DC, the man with one loss to Jones.

Can someone imagine me rolling my eyes and making a herk and jerk off motion because that's what I'm doing.

Perhaps Rumble broke the weak spot in the jaw and that explains the pitbull's resurgence.

I'm not sure gas tank is an issue for AJ at LHW. Since he's not trying to cut 50+ lbs, he seems to have no problem with stamina.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitor is going to get loving starched.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Vitors win over Rumble was also after Rumble had such a horrible cut that he was over 10 pounds over when he had to medically stop cutting and rehydrate. I think that fight at 205 without a horrible cut shapes up quite a bit differently.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also RNC is the easiest way for a fighter to quit without actually quitting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

High speed cameras are the loving best.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

moctopus posted:

Lyoto helping Renan with his weight cut.

Well gotta share this with a few people now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That was an amazing fight live.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Notice Arnold in the background

Edit:

:lol: that loving rules.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The only illegal drug Arnold did was pot. Steroids were absolutely legal when he was competing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dangersim posted:

Correct and I'm sorry. As a palate cleanser let's all watch Machida make Rashad make an exteremly funny face:

http://www.ufc.tv/video/lyoto-machida-vs-rashad-evans-ufc-98

I hadn't seen that in forever. The flurry that starts after that first left drops him is amazing. Then Rashad gets up, says he hits like a bitch then gets popped another twenty times before the left makes him flop backwards.

I just realized how similar his crash was to Shogun's vs Hendo.

• Locked thread