Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

8 weeks is the perfect amount of time for Kurt Angle to get arrested and denied bail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is actually 7 but who is counting.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well at least TNA is smart enough to not tape TV and title changes for the weeks after a live PPV this time.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Well do they even have a ppv to build to anymore? If not, they can't even WCW themselves

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

purkey posted:

Well do they even have a ppv to build to anymore? If not, they can't even WCW themselves

they're running Slammiversary as an actual PPV at the end of June. Maybe with them scaling back to one or fewer ppvs a year they might get some takers for this and break 10k buys

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 4, 2015

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Billy Corgan posted:

8 weeks is the perfect amount of time for Kurt Angle to change his gender identity 8 times.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

8 weeks is the perfect amount of time for Kurt Angle to break his neck 8 times.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

rovert posted:

It is actually 7 but who is counting.

8 if you include the one the day they start taping

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao at last week's gdt

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
wait so no one posted in it and the show ended

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't see this poster and not hear 'Take On Me' in my head

Word is that the racist execs at Destination America demanded more white space.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

There's no way Slammiversary does more than 5,000 buys, right?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Great White Hope posted:

There's no way Slammiversary does more than 5,000 buys, right?

I legitimately thought TNA stopped doing PPVs and only did TV specials like NXT

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I might buy it since it'll be way cheap for me and someone here should, I guess.

If it's in Orlando, I may actually go live.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

I might buy it since it'll be way cheap for me and someone here should, I guess.

If it's in Orlando, I may actually go live.

Going live is the far cheaper option, since it'll probably be at least $30 (if not $50) rather than the free admission to the Impact Zone. Please do go and provide a trip report. Spend the $50 on mushrooms or something.

e: I completely forgot that they put the drat X-Division title on Kurt Angle, bwahahahaha

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
Slammy isn't going to make money

Them still doing ppv is them trying to cling to the last bit of perceived relevance

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It will be iPPV too apparently:
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/594900480733609985

Today's hot rumour is that Bound For Glory will be from London.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

That means no Jeff Hardy, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

That means no Jeff Hardy, right?

He just broke his leg anyway, so yeah he won't be there

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

He just broke his leg anyway, so yeah he won't be there

You know Dixie would make him duct tape a broom handle to that thing and hobble out to do 20 minutes with Low-Ki if he were legally allowed to.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

It will be iPPV too apparently:
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/594900480733609985

Wasn't Destination America supposed to be pissed at TNA for even taping in England? Running their biggest show of the year there just seems like shooting themselves in the foot.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RZApublican posted:

Wasn't Destination America supposed to be pissed at TNA for even taping in England? Running their biggest show of the year there just seems like shooting themselves in the foot.

A curious thing is that TNA runs their annual UK tour in January. Has done so for years. TNA has historically announced the dates for the next year's tour the week after each UK tour. TNA hasn't announced dates for the 2016 UK yet. Either they are doing Bound for Glory in London OR they have seemingly abandoned running in the UK and that Destination America thing is true to the most extreme.

On the UK airing of IMPACT this weekend TNA was teasing a big upcoming announcement.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can't find any info about the pricing, though people seem to think it's still $45 for SD and $50 for HD which, lmao.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

According to a report by Jason Powell of ProWrestling.NET, a tour which TNA had been planning to take place in China for this month has been cancelled.

TNA talent were told to keep their diary open although the company never publicly advertised the dates. The belief is that the tour didn't work out financially for the company and the decision was made to nix the idea.

Wonder what happened.

Hope Gabe undercut them

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apparently TNA's entry for AAA's Lucha Cup is Matt Hardy, Drew McIntyre, and MISTERRRRRRRRRR ANDERSONNNNNNNNNNN

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Hope Galloway revives his "I beat up Matt Hardy a lot" gimmick.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is considered the bible of bad TNA moments - you can probably find all or most of these on Youtube or elsewhere if you search for the event.

So wait, how did this company make it to a second year?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DEAR RICHARD posted:

So wait, how did this company make it to a second year?

Bob Carter loves his daughter very much.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

OctoberCountry posted:

Bob Carter loves his daughter very much.

More like is terrified of what she could do if she got near the family business.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
More detailed reports will be out soon.

But all that Corgan press was worth 37,000 extra viewers for IMPACT.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that's at least as many people that bought the last Pumpkins album

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

turn Impact into a reality TV show about Billy Corgan doing stuff for TNA and it all hilariously backfires.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say the news about Corgan has me interested again.

Like, they're probably still doomed but I want to see what he thinks a wrestling show should be like.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
A single camera comedy about Billy Corgan booking wrestling shows would be at least a start for an improved show based on what this thread has taught me.

Similar great ideas: Book it like Lucha Underground and hire Larry David to play Dario Cueto.

Golashes fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 5, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I gotta say the news about Corgan has me interested again.

Like, they're probably still doomed but I want to see what he thinks a wrestling show should be like.

Go watch Resistance Pro, it's not as interesting as you're probably expecting.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

The Infinite Sadness

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I meant to post about this before but it's been 5 years since TNA started the revolutionary ranking system feat. Desmond Wolfe winning fan polls.

What an amazing period.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

e: I completely forgot that they put the drat X-Division title on Kurt Angle, bwahahahaha
It's not about weight limits, it's about no (blood alcohol) limits.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Can we just reflect on how cool of a name Desmond Wolfe is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think the way it went was:

ERIC BISCHOFF REVOLUTIONARY RANKING SYSTEM - A FAN POLL

Desmond Wolfe wins huge.

Loses title match to RVD in 3 minutes.

ERIC BISCHOFF REVOLUTIONARY RANKING SYSTEM 2 - A FAN POLL

Wolfe and somebody else are neck and neck. Things get fuzzy here. Think the poll actually ended up resetting because they wanted one where you couldn't vote a lot?

Wolfe getting tons of support still. TNA announces on site that there are other factors to who gets a title shot when this happens - basically rendering the fan poll useless.

The Eric Bischoff Revolutionary Ranking System sticks around for a while but dies not much later.

• Locked thread