Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Grendels Dad posted:

WWE is Avengers, TNA is The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Although, nah. At this point TNA isn't even Steel.

It's one of those straight-to-dvd Punisher movies with David Hasselhoff as Fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

TNA President Dixie Carter was being followed around by cameras all day and night at the Impact Wrestling taping in Florida. I was told Carter was being filmed for a potential reality project. She's wanted to get a reality series off the ground for some time.

Personally think that is the main reason why Billy is on board.

quote:

Former WWE NXT star Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) was backstage for last night's TNA Impact Wrestling in Orlando.

Oh dear.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 9, 2015

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
turn left Chris, turn left

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Bard Maddox posted:

turn left Chris, turn left

What does Chris have to lose?

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

weight

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

A match against Kurt Angle?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

please do not body shame the young knockout kid

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Flabby beardy blond guy would probably fit Destination America's image of American Hero for champion though.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rob Naylor was also at the show. They were probably just visiting. Hero is Wrestling for the RONIN promotion tonight.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Roman Reigns posted:

Flabby beardy blond guy would probably fit Destination America's image of American Hero for champion though.

What's Chris Robertson doing in the Impact Zone?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

wait why do they have to hire both harris twins for a production job? they aren't wrestling what's the point of the twin gimmick? one isn't better at this backstage job then the other?? how do they have the money to replace one guys job with two...are they gonna split the salary??

so many questions..

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Chris Hero fell for the free shrimp act again.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

Personally think that is the main reason why Billy is on board.

it's been said before but a stupid reality show with billy corgan and an over the top dixie trying to run TNA would fit into destination americas programming better than impact and even has a better chance at attracting the rest of that channels viewers

although TNA is not looking like its getting extra programming anytime soon...the reaction when that stupid reality show replace impact is gonna be hilarious

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

bobkatt013 posted:

Chris Hero fell for the free shrimp act again.

Except it's TNA so he has to shell it himself, and buy his own cocktail sauce.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

sticklefifer posted:

Except it's TNA so he has to shell it himself, and buy his own cocktail sauce.

They never said they were fresh!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Wrestle-1 relationship's done (:rip:) and they're looking for a new company to work with (attempting with AAA by sending Matt/Galloway/Anderson to their World Cup)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The May 22 Impact will be 3 hours long

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The Wrestle-1 relationship's done (:rip:) and they're looking for a new company to work with (attempting with AAA by sending Matt/Galloway/Anderson to their World Cup)

They've been in a working relation with AAA for awhile I think. It's where they got Tigre Uno I believe.

Chris James 2 posted:

lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

why

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

A lead-in by the Amish Ghost BBQ season finale

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Seriously, what/who the gently caress do they have to stretch to 3 hours?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

Seriously, what/who the gently caress do they have to stretch to 3 hours?

They had 9 matches taped yesterday for the supposed show. I didn't even think they had the roster for that :stare:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Chris James 2 posted:

They had 9 matches taped yesterday for the supposed show. I didn't even think they had the roster for that :stare:

Source for three hours?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Source for three hours?

DA's advertising it for 3 hours (8-11) with a full replay immediately after

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Series finale, I hope.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

if Raw can do it.............

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Curator posted:

if Raw can do it.............

It's Not My Fault Raw Has a Three Hour Show

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

We just need more time

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For their supposedly popularity in the UK they lost their DVD distribution deal:
https://twitter.com/TNADVDUK/status/597699428158468096

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Friday's TNA Impact Wrestling drew 463,000 total viewers, down from the 549,000 viewers the show drew for Destination America last week, according to Showbuzzdaily.com.

Powell's POV: The first airing of the show delivered 358,000 viewers, and the immediate replay delivered 105,000 viewers. TNA and Destination America have to be disappointed that the "live" hype and the tease of a former world champion returning did not lead to an increase. One year earlier, TNA Impact scored 1.055 million viewers for Spike TV on May 8, 2014.

drat

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Typical Shitzer propaganda

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm amused the the impact with 0 GDT replies seems to be the one that drew the most viewers in recent months

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

I'm amused the the impact with 0 GDT replies seems to be the one that drew the most viewers in recent months

We were all too glued to the Total Nonstop Action to post. Raw GDTs get several pages, thus proving impact's superiority. Eat that Seltzer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA should get George Zimmerman. He could be their Mike Tyson and launch TNA's glorious attitude era!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

TNA should get George Zimmerman. He could be their Mike Tyson and launch TNA's glorious attitude era!

#StandUp for Zimmermania

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"developmenal"

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

rovert posted:

quote:

According to a report by Jason Powell of ProWrestling.NET, a tour which TNA had been planning to take place in China for this month has been cancelled.

TNA talent were told to keep their diary open although the company never publicly advertised the dates. The belief is that the tour didn't work out financially for the company and the decision was made to nix the idea.
Wonder what happened.

Hope Gabe undercut them
Based on the word that you delivered about how the Chinese audiences for EVOLVE reacted, I'm guessing that someone realized that TNA had even less hope of getting "show up to see what the American novelty is about" viewers than EVOLVE did.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't believe the dirtsheets, y'all

quote:

TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting at this past weekend's Impact Wrestling tapings and basically told the talents not to believe what they read on wrestling websites about the ratings and viewership being down.

Dixie claimed that there is ratings information that websites aren't aware of that she and TNA are privy to. She claimed that when websites publish TNA ratings data, we're not publishing them with the West Coast numbers included but we post the data that comes from Nielsen and we do include the overall viewership with numbers for the replay. Dixie also pointed out that websites don't report on the +.3 or +.7 DVR numbers as some fans watch throughout the week.

Dixie instructed the roster to pay no mind to ratings reports because the numbers are better than what's actually being released.

Also Youtube views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone listened to Dixie on Steve Austin's podcast, trying to spin all their horrible failure as success?

• Locked thread