Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
You guys should check it out.

Here's scott singing a classic STP song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wUBZBVsZk

Here's some new material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BvhJnwkJU

PYF your fav song itt :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

spacemang_spliff posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg1F7i9P8XY

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
haha

Twistershift
Feb 7, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

You guys should check it out.

Here's scott singing a classic STP song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wUBZBVsZk

Here's some new material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BvhJnwkJU

I say god drat.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Twistershift posted:

I say god drat.

I know his voice has only improved. drugs are good for your voice

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Oh my loving god. I can't stop laughing. STP were the first CD I bought.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
true story a girl i was dating cheated on me with scott weiland when he came to town. She said his jizz is yellow because he all messed up with the heroin.

no i didn't sleep with her after because that dude hosed courtney love and i dont want my dick to fall off

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
He used to come into a coffee shop I worked in while I was in college 15 years ago. He looked terrible then.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i sucked his dick once (after he had yellow aids)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

i sucked his dick once (after he had yellow aids)

oh no dude

dude no

dude dont die on us

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I don't have any stories to tell about him but it's nice knowing that we have the same singing voice

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay look at thsi woman

dude you are gonna die rough

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
andy dick lookin haggard in that pic

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

andy dick lookin haggard in that pic

lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

stp were the worst grunge band

then they got even worse by hiring the linkin park dude

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
u guys are homos

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cubey posted:

stp were the worst grunge band

In a new interview, Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo has talked about life in the band now that Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is their lead singer.

Speaking with Yahoo! Music (via Blabbermouth), DeLeo stated that there is "no comparison" between Bennington and dismissed former singer Scott Weiland:

"There's no comparison. It's like talking about the strength of a two-year-old baby compared to a professional body builder. I'll tell you this man, Robert [DeLeo, bass], Eric [Kretz, drums] and I are really fortunate. We're having the time of our lives right now. We really feel like this has been a rebirth."

DeLeo also revealed that fans holding out for a STP/Weiland reunion will probably be left wanting, stating that the band has no plans to ever reunite with the former vocalist:

"Why the f-ck would we want that? That f--king mess? I just told you earlier we're on a rebirth now. We're with a guy that pushes us. We're with a guy that is 1000% present. I've waited almost my entire career for this."

Stone Temple Pilots are currently recording with Bennington. It is presently unclear whether the finished product will be a full album or a new EP.

lol

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
He has thin little ghoul legs in skinny jeans and he looks like he's either going to fall over or take a poo poo the entire time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
least he's not the dude from buck cherry

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

u guys are homos

i know but look at this gif its pretty funny

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
They pulled it already is there a mirror?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

not the best millionaires song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOVK_iQvvsw

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
even axl rose is lolling at this

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Scott has been off heroin for a decade but dude is still drinking way too much and mixing it with downers (quualudes from what I've heard). Right now he's in a dangerous situation surrounded with so many "yes men". Dude is a talented writer/performer and his new album is pretty good but I don't know how much longer he's going to be around.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

A misanthrope posted:

dad gay look at thsi woman

dude you are gonna die rough

Courtney Love sounding good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xUwDARVb4

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LazyDivey posted:

Scott has been off heroin for a decade but dude is still drinking way too much and mixing it with downers (quualudes from what I've heard). Right now he's in a dangerous situation surrounded with so many "yes men". Dude is a talented writer/performer and his new album is pretty good but I don't know how much longer he's going to be around.

who cares, layne staley was the superior druggie grunge dude

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

isn't stp just lame pearl jam

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Cubey posted:

who cares, layne staley was the superior druggie grunge dude

And yet Layne is dead and Scott still makes records...good or bad.

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Uncle Wemus posted:

you son of a bitch

oh wait, yeah.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Wait. I thought pearl jam was just lame pearl jam.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

STP is a good benchmark for knowing if someone has an ear for good music. If they like STP then you know they do not understand what good music is. Also see Dave Matthews....Hootie....Blues Traveler....and many more.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
Scott Weiland: not dead, somehow

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Scott Weiland: not dead, somehow

I have sirius in the car and on the lithium station they kept replaying this short interview with Weiland, I remember thinking 'holy gently caress he sounds high as balls' but I had no context as to when it took place. I guess these vids really answer that.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Cubey posted:

Hahahahaha what the gently caress, how did that audition process go?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

There are some great comments on that video

quote:

Amateur Musician and Daily Redditor here, seems like a lot of folks are saying this sounds terrible, however, in doing so they are only revealing their own ignorance. Now, I usually don't go against the grain of Reddit (I'm a Beta male and plus We Redditors typically stick together) but since I'm something of a Musician myself, I consider this to be my forté and thus feel it my duty to explain. You see my friends, Courtney Love plays a genre of music labeled "Grunge", this genre was pioneered by Dave Grohl's (of Foo Fighters fame) former band, Nirvana. Now there's one thing you should know about Grunge music, it's not meant to sound pleasing to the ear like Iggy Azalea tunes, it's supposed to sound raw and abrasive. It's a visceral experience that one can only truly understand if they stop expecting the sugary sweetness of Popular music. Ciao.

:goonsay:

quote:

To be fair to Courtney... I think she can play the song on guitar as well as the next punk rocker.

But on this tour, the guitar is just for show. She's not on speakers OR her own ears. In other words, she's not hearing herself play. Your ears will not correct something they can't hear is wrong.
Try putting headphones on, play your favourite song loud and sing along. In your head, it will sound great, but if you recorded the vocal-performance it would sound crap, even if you know how to sing.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

LazyDivey posted:

Pretty sure they stopped making ludes over 30 years ago.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Rex Deckard posted:

STP is a good benchmark for knowing if someone has an ear for good music. If they like STP then you know they do not understand what good music is. Also see Dave Matthews....Hootie....Blues Traveler....and many more.

I remember being an impressionable 14 year old playing GTA: san andreas, hearing Plush, and going "hey this band sounds pretty cool." then I listened to Vasoline in Rock Band and was like "whoa this is great." then I never heard another good song from STP ever again.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
He's Brian Wilson levels of hosed

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Rex Deckard posted:

that one hootie song was fly as gently caress though? what are you talking abouit you idiot

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6WQqRDrCo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
can't they just get the guy from Creed to fill in?

• Locked thread