Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
You guys should check it out.

Here's scott singing a classic STP song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1wUBZBVsZk

Here's some new material

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BvhJnwkJU

PYF your fav song itt :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Twistershift posted:

I say god drat.

I know his voice has only improved. drugs are good for your voice

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I don't have any stories to tell about him but it's nice knowing that we have the same singing voice

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
andy dick lookin haggard in that pic

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cubey posted:

stp were the worst grunge band

then they got even worse by hiring the linkin park dude

In a new interview, Stone Temple Pilots guitarist Dean DeLeo has talked about life in the band now that Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is their lead singer.

Speaking with Yahoo! Music (via Blabbermouth), DeLeo stated that there is "no comparison" between Bennington and dismissed former singer Scott Weiland:

"There's no comparison. It's like talking about the strength of a two-year-old baby compared to a professional body builder. I'll tell you this man, Robert [DeLeo, bass], Eric [Kretz, drums] and I are really fortunate. We're having the time of our lives right now. We really feel like this has been a rebirth."

DeLeo also revealed that fans holding out for a STP/Weiland reunion will probably be left wanting, stating that the band has no plans to ever reunite with the former vocalist:

"Why the f-ck would we want that? That f--king mess? I just told you earlier we're on a rebirth now. We're with a guy that pushes us. We're with a guy that is 1000% present. I've waited almost my entire career for this."

Stone Temple Pilots are currently recording with Bennington. It is presently unclear whether the finished product will be a full album or a new EP.

lol

• Locked thread