Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

re: thread title

anyway, hello friends it's me

it's championship belt season and you either advance

or you go out to pasture

and get insanely butthurt

in which case there's only one solution

but no matter what, there's something we can all get excited about on Saturday...Kentucky Derby, Clippers & Spurs Game 7, and Mayweather Pacquiao

Blake Griffin is currently only the third person in NBA playoff history to average 20pts, 13rbs, and 7asts over a postseason :captainpop:

p.s. the eastern conference doesn't matter

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
good op

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Horse racing is dumb and gently caress Mayweather, but Game 7s are always cool.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

also great news boys

ArashMarkazi: Saturday's Game 7 between the Clippers and Spurs will be 5pm in L.A. on TNT and ESPN Radio. A pretty solid lead-in to Mayweather-Pacquiao.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Everyone scored in the CHI-MIL game. When was the last time 26 different players scored at least one field goal in a single playoff game?

Bucks didn't have a single player score double digits either.

pylb fucked around with this message at 09:27 on May 1, 2015

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
5pm LA time is like 8pm ET?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

BoonyPC posted:

5pm LA time is like 8pm ET?
yeah it should go right into the mayweather pacquiao main event

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Giannis should have fouled Dunleavy harder.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
Go Spurs Go

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Codependent Poster posted:

Giannis should have fouled Dunleavy harder.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
also here's the E:60 Ernie Johnson in case y'all missed it :cry:
https://vimeo.com/126499104

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

EvanTH posted:

also here's the E:60 Ernie Johnson in case y'all missed it :cry:
https://vimeo.com/126499104
its private

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm glad Mike Dunleavy spent the majority of his career playing on poo poo teams because you know some people were just itching to call him a Winner since the day he was drafted

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm glad Mike Dunleavy spent the majority of his career playing on poo poo teams because you know some people were just itching to call him a Winner since the day he was drafted

He can't help it, he just has that good game sense and overwhelming basketball IQ.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvPsEfAa9uY

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ah what the hell, they probably DMCAed it or something, I thought it was from an official channel but I was dead wrong

It's pretty much the most "drat I oughta call my Dad" poo poo I watched all year, worth a look whenever it's back up somewhere

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOKsr4L9lh0

Warriors Dunleavy was like peak Duke.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Why is Dwayne Casey still employed?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

korrandark posted:

He probably isn't

I wonder who will pick him up though

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

korrandark posted:

He still has two years left on his contract. They'll probably get rid of him next offseason.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

straight up brolic posted:

anyway, hello friends it's me

Hello, CLIPER D.

misdirectomy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 1, 2015

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I really wish the Clippers were slightly more likeable. They dont have to become darlings or anything, it's just I'm annoyed that Doc Rivers is preventing me from enjoying them. CP3 is so loving good and I'm ready to happily ignore all his dirty plays. Blake is basically unstoppable and his mid-range game and touch around the basket is excellent. Deandre is a loving mountain. The guy has basically eliminated everyone minus the crafty Diaw from scoring in the paint and his dunks are sweet. YET, the rest of the team maybe minus JJ (lol) is so loving annoying and I've never seen a coach (outside of Dwayne Casey for other reasons) that I wanted to smack this hard in the face with a shovel.
I hate Doc so much.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Somebody posted that Doc Rivers is like a snapping turtle in a suit and I'm still laughing about it every time I see him run across the court to yap at the refs.

e: One member of the Clippers that's really likable is Steve Ballmer. I can almost forgive him for the continued existence of Microsoft.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 1, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Horse racing is dumb

wearing silly outfits, gambling, and getting drunk as heck on bourbon in the middle of the day owns a lot though

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Golden State's GM won executive of the year. Guess getting LeBron and Kevin Love isn't good enough to win that award.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

misdirectomy posted:

Hello, CLIPER D.

excuse me but CLIPPER DARRELL is an American Institution and no reasonable basketball fan should ever disrespect him

Clippers Fan since '84 means that strong motherfucker has sat through like 20+ losing seasons, he's a hero.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Golden State's GM won executive of the year. Guess getting LeBron and Kevin Love isn't good enough to win that award.

He did jettison a bunch of salary in preparation for LeBron despite a bunch of us laughing at him. Kevin Love though was just a result of Cleveland continually falling rear end backwards into #1 picks

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Spacebump posted:

Not getting Kevin Love was clearly the right choice.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Getting JR and Mozgov was more or less panned at the time and yet

e: I'm putting this here because I'm predicting a hilarious Bashez troll that I will reply to with a link to this post once it appears

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 18, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't know what the heck the Golden State dude did this year other than hire Kerr, but they also very desperately did not want to give it to Ferry. I guess they could have gone with the Cavs, but I don't know that LeBron feeling guilty is a front office strategy.

e: the midseason trade was good though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Intruder posted:

Who the hell panned those trades for the Cavs?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Intruder posted:

Dunno about the world in general, but Knicks fans all knew it was really great for the Cavs because Mozgov and JR were both very talented and poorly utilized in the systems we had them under?

also it's big news when the 93 point 29 rebound superstar is traded midseason for couch change

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

How does the Love injury shake out for the Bulls? Obviously it's a good thing for them, but does no stretch four mean Noah and his perimeter defense can get some rest in favor of a Mirotic/Gasoline lineup? I know nothing.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Spacebump posted:

I think the voters don't want to give an executive award to Lebron until he retires from playing.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Artic Puma posted:

I think the voters don't want to give an executive award to Lebron until he retires from playing.

He doesn't switch teams every year. Getting LeBron on your team should probably win the award for a GM.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Well maybe he would have won GM of the year if his application wasn't filled out in comic sans ms

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Some dang revisionist history going on with the JR Smith and Mozgov trades

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

Spacebump posted:

He doesn't switch teams every year. Getting LeBron on your team should probably win the award for a GM.

Ohh, I was just joking because I thought it had been rumored that Lebron has a lot of say in front office decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Artic Puma posted:

Ohh, I was just joking because I thought it had been rumored that Lebron has a lot of say in front office decisions.

Drafting Napier really tanked his chances this year IMO.

• Locked thread