Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sponsored by Ookla's speedtest.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Personally my internet speeds are

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

$35 a month in Canada.
:gbsmith:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Well I know what's getting action movie of the decade.
poo poo that was awesome! Avengers 1 threw in some jokes but this one was hilarious the whole way through.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Postin’ in the future. How's may treating you east coasters?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My goddamn bank card just got compromised for the third time in a little over a year. This time someone used it at a Canadian auto dealer for a hair over $400.

Almost had it five months :smithicide:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Geoj posted:

My goddamn bank card just got compromised for the third time in a little over a year. This time someone used it at a Canadian auto dealer for a hair over $400.

Almost had it five months :smithicide:

My Chase credit card just got defrauded as well. $26 at a mexican pharmacy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Oh FFS I was just about to post the May thread. It was going to be about kittys, flowers and burnouts :rage:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys. Hand me down laptop showed up today.

Unless I'm doing something wrong it took me a solid five minutes to figure out how to resize that in paint and get it onto imgur because apparently windows 7 refuses to honor the desktop AS MY SOVEREIGN loving LANDS

E: OH MY GOD THE FORUMS FONT LOOKS LIKE rear end

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

ilkhan posted:

Well I know what's getting action movie of the decade.
poo poo that was awesome! Avengers 1 threw in some jokes but this one was hilarious the whole way through.

Agreed, the quips were really funny.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Unless I'm doing something wrong it took me a solid five minutes to figure out how to resize that in paint and get it onto imgur because apparently windows 7 refuses to honor the desktop AS MY SOVEREIGN loving LANDS

Why not let imgur do the resizing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

freelop posted:

Agreed, the quips were really funny.

Why not let imgur do the resizing?

I want you to take a step back and gaze into the stark realities of a man who just discovered he was so far behind the times that figuring out MS Paint was an ordeal, and reconsider that question.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I want you to take a step back and gaze into the stark realities of a man who just discovered he was so far behind the times that figuring out MS Paint was an ordeal, and reconsider that question.

when you copypaste the url put a lowercase L, M or S before the .jpg

thats literally it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I do that on my phone now, the one saving grace of the iphone was an app called imgupr that handled resizing but every time i put the L in it always looks tiny on my screen just letting imgur decide. Thought there was a button or something I had managed to miss.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
This is a $70 per month internet connection in South Australia. I live literally 3 kilometres from Adelaide. :sigh:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So help me god if we keep doing speed testing I'm going to start reviewing strollers and home appliances

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Avengers AGe gf Ultron was pretty great.

Not as great as that girl's rear end from the previous thread but still pretty great. Other than the Vision sucking.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Starting May fresh I feel like I should confess to feeling some major auto ADD lately.

I find myself googling terms like "997 ownership" and "e9x M3 ownership" and wondering if I can deal with the occasional annoyance/frustration of maintenance of a 5+ year old (and potentially expensive and temperamental) car like those because of the added joy both cars are well known to provide. Or I could just wait for the Focus RS.

I'm kind of thinking a nice personal goal with my next car would be to keep it AT LEAST 4 years (barring major circumstances like catastrophic failure, an accident or theft).

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Oh I do that on my phone now, the one saving grace of the iphone was an app called imgupr that handled resizing but every time i put the L in it always looks tiny on my screen just letting imgur decide. Thought there was a button or something I had managed to miss.

There is a button on the browser one down at the bottom

medium thumbnail

large thumbnail

huge thumbnail

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I cant get the gently caress over having to change my god damned laptop just to put loving music on my phone. I am officially Old.

Back in my day, we had Windows 3.11 and we liked it, by god. Computers knew their place, and a man ruled the block with that bad rear end 386 under the case. You idiots have doomed us all. Only it will be the Appledyne iEndo coming back to ensure we have our judgement day.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005
couple gb's but gotta shake packets outta the cable some times

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I cant get the gently caress over having to change my god damned laptop just to put loving music on my phone. I am officially Old.

Back in my day, we had Windows 3.11 and we liked it, by god. Computers knew their place, and a man ruled the block with that bad rear end 386 under the case. You idiots have doomed us all. Only it will be the Appledyne iEndo coming back to ensure we have our judgement day.

If you don't trust imgur to do it then download this resizer which lets you just right click on image files to resize them.

Age gets us all :( last night I had to print off a crib sheet for all the control keys/buttons for GTA as I can't remember them. Feels like something my dad would do. Then I got eaten by a mountain lion when I got my jeep stuck trying to off-road it.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Got to crazy HR ladies creepy apartment-turned-office-yet-still-an-apartment-full-of-knick-knacks-oh-god-do-they-live-here-or-not and first item on the agenda is an intelligence test thingie. 20 minutes, I'm handed pen and paper, and left alone.

With my smartphone.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The other warning sign was flying home and having the usual pleasantries with the family peppered with people I knew who are now either dead or in jail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrZ4sMRYimw

e: leave it to GBS of all places to make me remember that I lost my virginity at a Marylin Manson concert

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 09:20 on May 1, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

I'd rather get kicked in the balls than touch Imgur. gently caress that pathetic shithole

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So we had one on one meetings with the instructor today after the lecture.

He shows me a "progress sheet", and says "dude, you have no problem acing this poo poo. You're current on homework, your grades are great, and you obviously know your stuff".

Then he asks if I smoke. I say ".... not cigarettes". And he says "I know. I got a funny story for you. My buddy won a <hilarious amount of> weed in a poker game the other day and was bragging about it". I laughed and told him it would take me at least a year to smoke all of that, he laughed and said it would probably take him a month. He did say he won't smoke if he has to work the next day, otherwise he's useless... I told him I'm useless if I smoke daily as well, but I have absolutely no tolerance these days anyway - usually reserve it for after work only if I don't have any homework or classes.

Wonder how he knew I smoke :420:? :confused: I'm sure the tie die shirts I tend to wear, and the long hair, and the piercings, etc have absolutely nothing to do with that perception....

(god I hope he's not a goon, because I'm gonna get an rear end chewing next week if he is)

I skipped over Windows 3.x and went to OS/2, with a mighty 386SX/20 and 4MB of RAM.

I think the best PC I ever ran with OS/2 was an old PS/2 model 95 full tower server with several SCSI drives, 8 or 16MB of RAM, and a 486DX4/100. Handled my BBS really well.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

Wonder how he knew I smoke :420:? :confused: I'm sure the tie die shirts I tend to wear, and the long hair, and the piercings, etc have absolutely nothing to do with that perception....

You deliver pizza. That's how he knew.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'm not the only pizza driver in the class.

The other driver is also gay, and always parks next to my car. I only noticed his car because it has the same HRC equality sticker that I have on my car, and glanced in the back and saw a Papa John's sign in the back seat.

BS'd with him, guy is downright crazy. Has dreams about gunning people down while working as an armored car driver. :stonk: I'm going to start parking on a different floor (maybe even the roof, where there's no elevator), he's been parking next to my car for almost 2 weeks now.

Also not every pizza guy smokes. Just 98% of them. :2bong:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Just like every mechanic doesnt drink.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just like a construction worker doesn't come in hungover.

Aaannnddd I just remembered I gotta do telephone pole and manhole (lol) work all next week. Hopefully it doesn't rain.

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 10:48 on May 1, 2015

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
Five days.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Holy poo poo my boss is so high right now. He's laughing his balls off. I hope he gets the munchies and we go out for breakfast.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Got a call to assemble my employees at 8am for the VP. Compared notes with others, there will be 150 of us assembled.
The last 2 times this has happened in my career, it meant I'm looking for a new position.

:ohdear:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

oh god the new roadkill... Im sore from laughing!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ferremit posted:

That entire episode was just Freiburger wetting himself with laughter. It was beautiful.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
14", I am not surprised at all that you turned aero off for win-xp style.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Avengers AGe gf Ultron was pretty great.

Not as great as that girl's rear end from the previous thread but still pretty great. Other than the Vision sucking.

uh linku~

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also :firstpost:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Shoutout to my PM for sending us black ink clear label tape when it has to go on all black equipment. :jerkbag:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

T-Square posted:

Dang, I totally forgot about LFS, I'm going to have to re-install that. Have been putting in a decent amount of time in iRacing and finally got my rear end out of Rookie Class.

P.S., good luck to you and your crew at Brainerd this weekend! I'll be down at Autobahn Country Club for our first motorcycle race of the year with CCS. It's my first season as an Expert and now I have to run with the actual fast guys But I guess that means I'm officially a fast guy?
Thanks for the good luck wishes, looks like a small group this time with only 21 cars registered. I'm guessing it's going to be 18 of the fast teams, us and a couple new teams. We'll have a good time.

Autobahn is a fun little track, we ran there last spring and froze our asses off. I need to get my drat race bike on the track this year. Congrats on being one of the fast guys.

Ferremit posted:

You post this with no link...damnit man that's valuable seconds wasted. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc2mU_q6jH8

Off to the track we go...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Whelp, I guess I'm watching Roadkill as soon as I get home today.

Ah, I love being right. Currently stuffing my face with coffee and an egg and avocado breakfast sandwhich at some little hippie cafe.

• Locked thread