Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valley Troll
Jun 19, 2012
Hoping for some insight from anybody who's been to or lived in Ethiopia. I just booked a ticket for 3 weeks in August and am planning on wandering around, hitting up lovely bars and renting a car, although not necessarily in that order. Besides that I'm not sure how I should prioritize my time.

When I'm driving, will I get stopped at random checkpoints to pay fines/bribes to traffic cops? Also, what are the best things to prioritize visiting that are within driving distance of Addis?

I've also heard that when going from Addis to a far flung city, most normal people fly instead of drive. How pricey are flights to other cities like Gondar or Axum, etc.? Could I really do the 9 hour (according to google maps) drive from Addis to Gondar? Is it a normal road or is it a one lane potholed track that will in reality take 20 hours?

Also, has anyone done any brewery visits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread