Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
felat
Apr 27, 2008

Trying to get into value studies. Not too happy with the end product, but it's a start!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Beelzebub posted:

Felat, did you try knocking the color saturation down on your reference at the end to check your study?

No, I'll keep that in mind for next time tho.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

neonnoodle posted:

Don't just desaturate, it doesn't weight the brightness/lightness coefficients of different colors. That means a bright yellow or green will get converted to an equivalent gray brightness, not an equivalent L/a/b lightness. The values won't be correct.

Try this instead: http://magicscience.tumblr.com/post/117948140162/easy-grayscale-preview-in-photoshop-keep-track

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out and report back.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Heads

felat
Apr 27, 2008

How do you guys hold your pens when digitally painting? I hold it like a regular pen and for some reason my wrist hurts after a couple of minutes of doing so...

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Here's my cheap setup. I'm starting an entry level job in a video game company next week and I'd like to get my drawing stance on point before then. When I was in school I'd just take breaks really often, but I don't think I'll be able to do that at work.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Beelzebub posted:

ijyt: I'm digging the little mouse guy. You should draw a series of him doing various mouse things.

Nice!

Back on topic of the OP. Here's some Australian food.

This one's my favourite of all of them so far. I really love your style btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Doodled while catching up on Game of Thrones.

• Locked thread