Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
Those were good times back when they had interesting technological programs and fun stuff like Junkyard Wars/Scrapheap Challenge.

Post your favourite stuff from the glory days of TLC. I would but I'm on a train and they block YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
kill yourself, OP

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
People still buy cable subscriptions?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ill be in casper in about 5 hours if any of you loving faggots want to fight me. meet me at 5 guys you know where it is.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

16 and pregnant

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

dance moms

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Can you walk to 5 guys from the train station?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

honey boo boo

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
my 600 lb life

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remember the good old days back when "Gay" meant "happy"?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

ill be in casper in about 5 hours if any of you loving faggots want to fight me. meet me at 5 guys you know where it is.

i will fight u and all the guys u bring i don't care how many but now that u've given me a tactical advantage i will prepare for 6

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remember when it was safe for normal people to like rainbows?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
:capitalism:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
dont go chasing waterfalls

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Remember back when mom would go visit grandma on sundays, then dad and his buddies would go in the backyard and wrestle naked "Because we're practicing for the old timey Olympics reenactment at the VFW, you little poo poo"?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
who would have guessed learning could become a thing of the past

this marks the 10 year anniversary of dancing w/ the stars how will you all be celebrating??

the winner of the floyd vs pacman fight could be on the show

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remember back when women appreciated it when you complemented them by pinching their rear end?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i still learn a lot like how much u gota eat everyday to not move

Khorne
May 1, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU

dad gay. so what posted:

kill yourself, OP
you're going on my ignore list until the grill comes back

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
the learning channel more like terrible life choices

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cable TV has been absolute crap ever since battlebots came off the air

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i wanted to gently caress lisa 'left eye' lopes

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I like the one where weird americans have their mail order brides/grooms come to the usa and they have 90 days to marry

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTljqIKhs0c

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i wanted to gently caress lisa 'left eye' lopes

I suppose you still could

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
remember when they had 'infotainment' and it wasn't just some lovely popup video with retards behind it?

me neither

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
This is the channel that has the biggest collection of midgets, right?

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

Mr. Popo posted:

This is the channel that has the biggest collection of midgets, right?

No that was Speed network. :v:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Good old Secret Life of Machines, and Connections, and mid-afternoon hour long surgical procedures, and pretty much everything else too. I learned more from early 90s TLC than I ever did in school.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i learned that severely obesed kids are considered normal in georgia.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
No

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I thought connections was good, but mainly because James's burkes accent made him sound really smart. Now that I'm older I see through the whole accent=intelligence gimmick so now I don't know.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I really liked the super shocking deformity documentaries they would show late at night, or the incredibly alarmist documentaries about new reproductive technologies. The latter always seemed to be British and goddamn are brits apparently afraid of test tube babies

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i liked junkyard wars

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

raditts posted:

I suppose you still could

i don't want to any more

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

They had a LOT of Bigfoot docs on TLC.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
So what is a good chance to learn things from these days? I have the Smithsonian channel but haven't given it a chance yet, is it any good?

I've always noticed that there is a NASA change out there. I'm tempted to subscribe to that just so they can get a little cut of my subscription fee. Has anyone watched it?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
The History Channel keeps showing crap like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars or whatever the gently caress nowadays, i mean it was even better when it was the Hitler Channel, at least that had something to do with history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

lorn Wayne posted:

The History Channel keeps showing crap like Pawn Stars and Storage Wars or whatever the gently caress nowadays, i mean it was even better when it was the Hitler Channel, at least that had something to do with history.

It always makes me so sad when I watch The Sopranos. That show came out during peak "Hitler Channel" times and tony is absolutely addicted to it all. I remember taking it for granted in my youth...

• Locked thread