Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Trying to find an apartment that lets you have a Rottweiler is next to loving impossible :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Delizin posted:

Just tell everyone that is a mix if you can get away with it. If it looks pure rotty that won't work, but if it looks a bit like it could be something else then just claim that. My lab chow was always a lab mix for insurance/rental purposes, because he looked and acted enough like a lab with a curly tail.

Oh he's pure bred as all hell. All 110lbs of his blockheaded glory. He's been socialized well and doesn't act aggressive to other people or dogs, he's just big and looks intimidating.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Why the gently caress is this dogge not in the dogge thread?

Sasha on the left Czar on the right

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The best promotion I ever got was to the rank of Mr.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Shut up, obvious war robot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhuqlPZMe90

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pretty sure IDR was actually getting hosed by his tranny girlfriend

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

someone help me convince my sister that commissioning as an officer in the air force with a law degree is a dumb loving idea tia

i already tried "the military is super gay and being a civilian owns"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Imagine that I posted that picture of my lawyer friend who's $340,000 in debt from student loans.

She exhausted her GI Bill and only wound up $80,000 in debt :v:

joat mon posted:

It's certainly not the dumbest thing she could do. AF isn't that much different from a civilian corporate bureaucracy. She'll get to do a broader range of law, get more responsibility and experience more quickly, and maybe get on the '10 year public service and your law loans are paid off' program. ActusRhesus and Defleshed were/are JAGs. AR is on vacation, and Defleshed hasn't been around for a couple months, but you might PM them? I can answer what I can, but I started the process in the late 80s, so my knowledge may be a bit on the 'musket firing party' side of current.

I'm mostly just giving her poo poo about becoming a noble, but yeah it's basically the only way she's going to get a job with a law degree anyway.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

There are few things I've heard worse opinions of in the last 15 years than "Join the Military!"

"Get a law degree!!!"* is on that list.

*Without having someone else pay for it.

She did both :cripes:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgkawcew2u8

:dong:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Interstellar and Pacific Rim were the only movies worth a poo poo in true IMAX 3D.

I got to see Interstellar at the Omnimax Dome near me and it was loving amazing

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Cole posted:

is this really from the movie because if it is i might go out like pee wee herman when i see it

He's basically the bugler to communicate with the giant gently caress off convoy of death cars.

Except instead of bugling he shreds on his sick rear end loving rhythm guitar that shoots fire.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ded posted:

Guys I have an idea for the movie. Lets have a guy on top of a truck with an obscene amount of speakers playing a guitar. How can we make that even better?

FLAMES.

OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING GUITAR.

:megadeath:

Apparently they originally built it as a flame thrower that looked like a guitar and George Miller told the prop guy to redo it and make the guitar work as well :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I saw Mad Max this afternoon.

I'm probably going to see it again tomorrow, or Sunday.

It's easily in the top 3 best action movies ever made

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Aliens and Die Hard

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

at the date posted:

e: Like, would Heat qualify, or are we talking strictly True Lies levels of action

Heat has some really good loving action sequences but it's more of a character drama than anything else. So yeah more like True Lies, The Rock, Independence Day etc etc

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

TCD posted:

What's better, Dredd or Mad Max?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Two Finger posted:

did the raid: redemption involve a scene where a cop WP's assailants?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Starship Troopers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress are good. Then there's some other stuff that's alright too. Then there's a bunch of awful libertarian garbage.

His self insert character goes back in time to gently caress his mom.

To be fair The Moon is a Harsh Mistress is pretty heavy handed when it comes to libertarian bullshit. But Mike is the coolest loving character

Also the Commonwealth Saga is loving awesome and well worth reading. The Culture books are pretty solid to with Consider Phlebas and Use of Weapons both being really loving good.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yeah, the first 1/4 of Pandora's Star is real loving slow, but once the Alamo Avengers roll out it picks up real fast. Judas Unchained owns from start to finish especially the last 1/4 which is basically Mad Max but with Particle Rifles and mini nukes. The Void Trilogy that follows it is pretty solid but it starts off extremely slow for the first 1/3rd of the first book and finally picks up. He really like building his worlds, I just wish he'd do it quicker.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://vimeo.com/111997940

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

:poland:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHmAhhXUsU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kiryen posted:

Was it actually any good? I used to have it and it was painfully slow. I was lucky if I could get over 50 KBps downloads and it cost just as much as cable. Is it rear end everywhere or just a product of south Texas?

Parents had it in Georgia and it was loving rear end there as well

• Locked thread