Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

I was on call 10 loving hours a day, 6 days a loving week. Then they come to me and ask me to make it 12 hours a day. The compensation being I would get paid time and a half for the extra 2 hours a day.

Now a month and a half later I get a letter with my paycheck saying they can't pay me the time and a half any more starting after my next check.

1. The ONLY reason I agreed to work the 12 hour shifts was because of the extra pay rate.
2. It clearly already took place THIS paycheck.

I was already getting in a shittier mood every week because I have no free time and do nothing but work. Now this bullshit. Shady as gently caress.

hawaii honeymoon appears to be ending for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

My first saturday night off in months. The world is my oyster.

now you know why you were instantly hired & the allstar worker at that place within a month.
it was a shady company, and you hadn't been hosed with yet by the owners. the other workers HAD been hosed with, but had no other options.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

RIP Shim...again

yup. Shim just asked why awful app wasn't working. so i sent him the ban info

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

whatever happens, happens.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 3, 2015

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

someone just reached Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act in their college class.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

whatN4Butts just said basically.
you got to remember, the New England area has been settled for 100 yrs BEFORE the america revolution.
it also has 200+ yrs of pollution, but that another story. SUPERFUND sites is another nice New England area tradition.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Most likely going to need surgery on my left arm for nerve damage from the wreck. Might need it on my shoulder too. Hoooray.

it's the $6 million dollar (hospital bill) man, gasp.
i want your autograph.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gently caress off reign of pain
https://youtu.be/cDIGzzeQjaE

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

top gear's dudes are all gone

letterman is retiring

espn is getting rid of the one dude I actually enjoyed listening to (Bill Simmons)

jon stewart is leaving the daily show

man everything is ending and it blows

welcome to getting old. stuff keeps ending.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

truth be told if anyone is in the support chat i could probably use that right about now

dude, read the get help thread & message N4dicks, EBB, or me.
EBB is in the hangouts chat, if you need alky talk support

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Cole posted:

gotta read a sci-fi book for one of my classes. i've read Ender's, 1984, Brave New World, Fahrenheit 451, and all of your typical high school assigned sci fi books. what should i look into for this class?

read Revelation Space if you want to see the inspiration for N4I's username (hint: it's a 4km long dildo spaceship ).

or read a isaac asimov book like caves of steel or one of his foundation series books.

never read heinlein, NEVER READ HEINLEIN.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Cole posted:

you gotta tell me why or else it's just the "don't look down" effect

INCEST, INCEST.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Professor Bling posted:

Randochat: I've got a chronically non-running Mazda (car in my avatar) that's going into storage until I can do all the work it needs, and everyone is telling me to buy a cheap, reliable car for beater use in the meantime. So I found a '67 Galaxie 500 for $2k that I'm hopefully going to pick up soon, since an old V8 Ford is what I'd call dead reliable. Pretty sure everyone meant for me to buy a fuckin' Honda or something, but gently caress that noise, I'm a goddamned road warrior and I need my car to have miles of chrome.

poo poo can the mazda for scrap, buy the Galaxie 500 '67 for restoration down the road, and put the Galaxie into storage unless really needed.
that's just my opinion, because no Galaxie should be turned into a beater.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm looking for a new submarine movie to watch. Anything but these:

Das Boot
Crimson Tide
K19
U571

Saw Black Sea and it has me in the mood.

Yellow Submarine.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hey Shim, I guess no trail hiking news means that you & Spongebob have punked out.

"Got Bored, Went Home......"

I want to say Holly Bloopers had that as his trail fail bet.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It was a fail from the time we had to come back for the mother in law heart attack, and two abortive restarts. Going to mammoth caves national park for a couple weeks of back country hiking and camping mid June, now.

Motherfucking Appalachian Trail.. I loved it, just didn't work this year. I don't know if I'll ever do it in one season.. But some of it, southern bit obviously, is done.

Next year after classes are done my plan is getting all the way to harpers ferry from Amicola, then coming back to the Midwest. Then year after that, harpers ferry to Maine.

:sigh:

Still have other hikes and trips to do this summer to justify all my outdoors gear I bought this winter. Taking the wife kayaking near here this next month, too.

SpongeBob had to return to the land of the fully employed, so I'm wandering the unemployed, drifting directionless, vet wave solo since he decided to leave town for new work/school anyway. :(

Two Finger posted:

did your cart break

Damnit you stole my joke.

N4I: In honor of shim & spongebob's failed goon deathmarch & in rememberance of the recent San Francisco goon deathmarch fail, please rename this thread or the gip current events thread to:
Maybe Shim's stroller broke too?

Serious though shim. I'm happy that both you of you are alive, and making individual life plans.

quantumfoam fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

n4i: time to update the chat thread title

• Locked thread