Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

Ryan Succop isn't ready to give up #8 to Mariota: https://instagram.com/p/2JK3m1LISP/

No way Mariota beats succop in arm wrestling competition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Rotoworld is saying the titans may take green beckham

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Hm. You guys are making a big push for a top ten evil team. Maybe even top five over here...

That's fine I like to root for heels more anyway

I don't want green beckham though unless he gets professional help

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hope they don't, for your sake. Tennessee doesn't deserve all those bad dudes

i hope they do draft him because if he cleans up his act then he is the steal of the draft and if he doesn't oh well

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

get over it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

Now, that's an interesting gambit. La'el Collins's representatives are now claiming that if he isn't selected tonight, he'll just remove himself from the draft and wait until next year's.

do it webster.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Succop gave up his number 8 without an arm wrestling competition happening

Booooooo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Jim Wyatt ‏@jwyattsports
Webster said the plan going in was to get a QB, WR and OT. Now the focus turns to RB, edge rusher #Titans

i found tomorrows plan. hopefully the edge rusher is trail

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Any of these udfa talented enough to make the roster?

Cody Prewitt S Ole Miss
Cody Riggs CB Notre Dame
Toby Johnson DT Georgia
Quinton Spain OG West Virginia
Derrick Lott DL Tenn-Chattanooga
Lucas Vincent DL Mizzou
JR Tavai LB USC
Curtis Riley CB Fresno State
Josue Matias OL Florida State

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Coldforge posted:

Spain, Matias, Prewitt maybe. Matias especially, Prewitt probably as special teams.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm a massive Georgia homer and I have never heard of Toby Johnson.

Grittybeard posted:

Vincent's a one gap inside type who probably isn't quick enough. He'll have been well coached at least.

Maybe he could work his way into a rotation.

appreciate all of this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: chance warmack graduated today

V: good for him :)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
N: for once in years i am extremely excited for the season to start right after the draft

V: this is a weird feeling and don't know what to do

Parmesan Basil posted:

I think that would be unfair to everyone else. My opinion isn't worth an entire thread all by itself. Maybe I'll just make a "rant about your least favorite player thread"

great idea

Parmesan Basil posted:

Mettenberger started six games and had just under half the yards Smith got in fifteen. I hate him but he's still better.

Mett owns what else is there to say

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Man and his dog posted:

Titans should have taken the Eagles offer and rolled with Mett....

Sorry, I have to poo poo on your optimism. Bad teams stick together.

to see where my optimism level is please go see my draft analysis on mariota in the draft grades thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shath Hole posted:

Falcons signed something called Collin Mooney. Any Titans fans care to elaborate? Apparently he graded very well in run blocking (pff I know) is he any good?

he is fine. he lost his job to jackie battle if that tells you anything

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Gatts posted:

Because Star Wars sucks.

Ehud posted:

star war isn't even a good movie

i will fight all those with this opinion

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

T-Peezy got cut today.

bo wallace claimed his first victim

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

The Titans are not worse than Washington or Cleveland. gently caress this poo poo.

This is true

JT Jag posted:

You picked second in the draft and you haven't really done anything this offseason that will likely lead to immediate improvement.

they kept everyone worth keeping and added starting talent to the defense during free agency then during the draft they loaded up on offense so both sides of the field are a complete mystery but still better than cleveland and the potatoskins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Flikken posted:

Cleveland improved in every position except QB, where we moved laterally. C'mon, just because we didn't mortgage our franchise to you Washington style doesn't mean we suck.

Your defense let Brian Hoyer and Travis Benjamin put Jersey's in the HoF, just saying.

last year the defense and the titans in general were rear end. this upcoming season the defense actually has talent, dick lebeau, and is year 2 in the 3-4 transition.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ehud posted:

Tomsula leading the 49ers to a 1 win season is a thing I need.

That Works posted:

Down with this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
has the team that is doing hard knocks this year ever been announced?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cruel and Unusual posted:

If you take a :siren: Highly Scientific :siren: look at this, for whatever reason the number one draft pick tends to go to teams that play the AFC North and not to teams that play the NFC East. In the 13 seasons since realignment the Ravens have played the worst team 10 times!

The Niners play the AFC North this year. :unsmigghh:

all that chart proved was the afc north is actually trash rather than highly competitive

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Niners didn't have a top three pick in the years before Harbaugh (the last top five was Alex Smith) and had a trash poop roster then.

In TFF's NFL teams go 2-14, 12-4 or 8-8. There are no in-betweens.

sorry for rooting for a team that only goes 8-8 besides last year where they oddly went 2-14 and another year where they went 13-3

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

everyone should hate the team that fell face first into two generational QBs in a row.

although in reality he isn't the be-all and end-all like sports journalism seems to think

Agreed

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

How could anyone possibly be excited about the Niners this next year? Literally nothing went right

post game interviews will be legendary

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

CB: (TB) Alterraun Verner (+11.9 Run Def)

Why did webster let you walk :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

They are friends with mett. That is why they reacted the way they did

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TNG posted:

So Metapod, you're a Titans fan, right?

Should I have any hope that Jeff Fisher will finally put together something watchable now that he's ditched the Brian Schottenheimer albatross and tried to switch to being run first entirely? Or is he just continuing the futile gesticulating that got him fired from Tennessee in the first place?

if nick foles plays really really well you can expect a playoff appearance if he doesn't expect 8-8

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Andrew Luck is evil, not for who he is, but for what he represents: a self-entitled team that only had two sub-.500 seasons in the last 15 years, and of course one of those was the season they pick up a brand new franchise quarterback to replace their old one.

This

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
that fowler injury sucks why can't stuff like that happen to the colts

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Well, not incredibly good necessarily, but not as bad as it is now

It kinda fell apart when the Jaguars fell off a cliff in 2008 though, with the Titans not far behind them.

it shall rise again

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

i just want one top 5 passrusher to hit Andrew Luck a whole lot, is that too much to ask?

apparently

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

owns

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
on the bright side the fowler injury gives someone a chance to shine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
2014 Incomplete Pass Breakdown: Receivers: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/2014-incomplete-pass-breakdown-receivers

justin hunter is number 1 in something

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pyromance posted:

Jesus and Kendall Wright is #12. Maybe Mariota can at least make them work for their drops.

e: Delanie Walker #5 on the TEs. I guess, technically, by their definition of uncatchable throws, this could be a product of like a billion o-line out last year.

The line was only part of the problem

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Come on don't leave us guessing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Volkerball posted:

the true rivalry is the two worst teams going at it

titans-jags all the way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TNG posted:

Man, the Rams are always the "Maybe they'll surprise people and be the dark horse contender this year" team under Fisher. I suppose it's better than the "Afterthought Free Win" team that it was under Spagnuolo...unless you were the Saints.

welcome to the jeff fisher experience

Coldforge posted:

While the Panthers clearly won the offseason by signing Michael Oher.

trigger warning please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Febreeze posted:

There are two kinds of rivalries. Division rivalries and playoff rivalries. Divisional rivalries are pretty self explanatory. Playoff rivalries are what RG3 seems to see as rivalries. This are almost all based on the two teams frequently meeting in the playoffs with several heartbreakers for each team.

Pats/Colts
Pats/Ravens
Giants/49ers
49ers/Cowboys
Packers/49ers
Colts/Chiefs
Bengals/victory

basically just two teams that are good at the same time for a while, because they also meet in the regular season a lot due to the way the schedule works

i'm probably alone in this but i believe that titans/ravens is a playoff rivalry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

the titans have been in the playoffs?

long time ago

• Locked thread