Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Dubious posted:

is this pick gonna be one of those bullets on a worst of all time list?

He's a two or three year developmental project taken in the middle of the first round.

Worst of all time, probably not. Just dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Hard for me to decide whether I dislike the 49ers black jerseys or the Armstead pick worse. Man does the Jed York Show suck real bad.

I've figured it out.

Neither is worse than the other, they're exactly the same.

Both are boring, stupid, unnecessary things that arrived at the wrong time (Armstead in the 2nd or 3rd round, black uniforms in the 90s).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Metapod posted:

Any of these udfa talented enough to make the roster?

Cody Prewitt S Ole Miss
Cody Riggs CB Notre Dame
Toby Johnson DT Georgia
Quinton Spain OG West Virginia
Derrick Lott DL Tenn-Chattanooga
Lucas Vincent DL Mizzou
JR Tavai LB USC
Curtis Riley CB Fresno State
Josue Matias OL Florida State

Spain, Matias, Prewitt maybe. Matias especially, Prewitt probably as special teams.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Shath Hole posted:

Falcons signed the other Kevin White. I know a few goons thought he was good so cool I guess.

Yeah, I like him. He's not great, but he'll be a solid CB for you.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I would die for a qb half as good as Andy Dalton :(

Here's hoping you get one.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

whypick1 posted:

If the Madden curse was real like that Sherman would've spent the year with his jaw wired shut.

The curse is real.

Realtalk: that should the cover of next year's Madden.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Right after you timg that poo poo.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

And it's for the XBone. Perfect.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

football fuckerman posted:

Just realized that the Browns offense is going to be

QB: FA Josh McCown
WR: FA Dwayne Bowe
WR: FA Brian Hartline
WR: FA Andrew Hawkins
TE: FA Rob Housler
TE: FA Gary Barnidge
TE: FA Jim Dray
and finally
RB: draft pick Terrence West
RB: draft pick Isaiah Crowell
RB: draft pick Duke Johnson

The Free Agent Offense, and what an offense it is

On the other hand, Crowell + Johnson means you never have to pass the ball, so that's a thing in your favor.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kalli posted:

He killed her, I can tell.

Realized what he'd be paying in child support and told a Dolphins fan he'd sign with them if they solved the problem.

We do have a guy who is both Crazy and a AAA Dolphins fan.

Makes you think.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Niners won't be lucky enough to get 1st overall next year, their defense is still going to be pretty good.

They'll either replicate this past year and be dragged down by an anemic offense to an ~7-9 finish, or Kap will actually improve and they'll finish with a winning record that still lands them just outside the playoffs.

Far worse than finishing last, because it provides no real hope for the future through the draft :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Flikken posted:

Thanks for the link, have missed the last several pages of discussion?

You honestly think he reads anyone's posts but his own?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It isn't going to happen, but I want clean & sober JFF to be awesome so badly

It'll happen.

The season after he's traded.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

49ers defense is not good enough to carry them to wins. Justin Smith, Ray McDonald, Chris Borland, Patrick Willis, Chris Culliver, Perrish Cox are all missing from last year. No new CBs, no new ILBs other than Wheeler, Armstead is somehow simultaneously a fearsome prospect while also being a literal feeble person who has never lifted weights. Plus no Fangio, plus no Ed Donatell somehow conjuring good seasons out of trash heap DBs.

It's going to be a real live poo poo show.

Despite what people may tell you, Justin Smith hasn't retired yet (and I suspect he'll be back for one more year, if he's waited this long). The starting ILBs last year were Borland & Wilhoite, this year they'll be Bowman & Wilhoite; actually an improvement. Culliver & Cox are decent CBs, but not exactly elite guys, and they have several CBs returning from IR to replace them (CB was never the strength or focus of the defense). As for Armstead, I suspect he will magically "re-injure" his ankle and have a redshirt year, but he was drafted as a developmental guy anyway. The defensive personal will be largely equivalent to last year's talent when they were a top 10 defense.

The only downgrade from last year to this year is the coaching, which is potentially significant but largely an unknown. I think they'll be okay.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Flikken posted:

Who's left from the Front 7 if he gets punished/cut? Bowman?

Brooks was already benched last year.

Aldon Smith, Aaron Lynch, Corey Lemonier (OLB), Justin Smith, Tank Carradine, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Quinton Dial (DE), Glenn Dorsey, Ian Williams (NT), Navorro Bowman, Michael Wilhoite (ILB) is what's left. They added Eli Harold and Darnell Dockett.

Edit: and I guess Arik Armstead, but I'm trying to forget that.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 6, 2015

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

You are consistently high on Bowman. I'm pretty skeptical of him until I actually see him on the field at a high level. It was such a gruesome injury and the recovery seemed to have multiple setbacks.

Say what, now? Where are you getting that from? No setbacks that I know of, and he's already been taking part in the training minicamp.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Blitz7x posted:

How could anyone possibly be excited about the Niners this next year? Literally nothing went right

Yeah, you're missing what's happening here. No one's arguing whether they should be excited about the Niners this season or not. It's whether they're going to be a complete disaster or merely mediocre.

My money's on mediocre, because disaster might actually lead to eventual improvement.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SA2K posted:

Hang onto this thought at Jimmy Graham does very bad things to your secondary

2014 Jimmy Graham yards: 76
2013 Jimmy Graham yards: 41
2012 Jimmy Graham yards: 33
2012 (Playoffs) Jimmy Graham yards: 103

Hasn't been a huge factor any time they've played him so far, outside of that playoff game (when, by comparison, Vernon Davis went for 180 yards).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SA2K posted:

Yeah but that was when the 49ers were good and had a good head coach

Because if there's one thing Jim Harbaugh did for the 49ers, it was draw up an excellent defensive plan.

Bad Moon posted:

Your team is uh quite a bit different since then

Losing Fangio hurts the most, but even last year - when everyone was injured - the defense did well against him. If the Seahawks can turn him into a decent blocker, he'll worry me more (a lot more).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Alouicious posted:

the niners lost every single thing that was good about them in the offseason

While the Panthers clearly won the offseason by signing Michael Oher.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TubeStank posted:

Sorry wheez but halliday got cut by Washington

Didn't even make it out of rookie minicamp :allears:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

He may have been hidden in a Mike Leach offense but I always thought there was something there with Halliday that NFL coaches could work with. That leg injury was loving brutal, though. What could have been.

Halliday came into the NFL thinking all he had to do was bulk up; he soon realized that would just make his hands thicker, not actually larger. Retirement was the only way to go, after that.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm really excited about Phil Dawson and also finally getting to see Dennard and Kirk starting. Since our actual first round pick has a torn ACL it's nice having a few leftovers.

Really?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

davecrazy posted:

Your in luck!!

Nah, the arrest was made there, but the incident occurred elsewhere. That's just where they knew to find him (someone said it was Justin Smith's retirement party).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

football fuckerman posted:

that russell wilson tweet is so condescending 7mh

ftfy

• Locked thread