Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Adam CaplanVerified account
‏@caplannfl
#Rams RB Zac Stacy, after the selection of RB Todd Gurley, plans to ask the team for his release or to be traded, per league source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

My guesses for everyone are:

Amendola, Gronk, Welker, Edelman, Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Matt Cassel, James Develin and some young Roger Goodell looking motherfucker.

That rancid, traitorous motherfucker.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Reminder that we are discussing Buffalo's most recent playoff appearance right now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There aren't many occasions to wear baby blue sports jackets and look respectable, but standing at the Kentucky Derby with a Gronk for comparison might do it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think it's cool how those multi-millionaires who manage to go to two of the largest sports events of the spring on the same day still place their half-empty Bud Light cans on a poorly maintained lawn underneath a Planet Fitness billboard just like the rest of us, btw.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So uh, Shady's still a bit salty, I see: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12827934/buffalo-bills-running-back-lesean-mccoy-discusses-race-chip-kelly-rex-ryan

quote:

Q: You told The Philadelphia Inquirer in April that Chip doesn't "like or respect stars." What was the problem with you and Chip, and how did that relationship end?

MCCOY: The relationship was never really great. I feel like I always respected him as a coach. I think that's the way he runs his team. He wants the full control. You see how fast he got rid of all the good players. Especially all the good black players. He got rid of them the fastest. That's the truth. There's a reason. ... It's hard to explain with him. But there's a reason he got rid of all the black players -- the good ones -- like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I liked this exchange, too:

quote:

Q: What are the similarities and differences between Rex and Chip?
MCCOY: There are no similarities. I think they're totally different.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

In before a Patriots poster either says or alludes to a wet fart.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I loving love Ted Welles reports!

quote:

McNally: Tom sucks...im going make that next ball a fuckin balloon

Jastremski: Talked to him last night. He actually brought you up and
said you must have a lot of stress trying to get them done...

Jastremski: I told him it was. He was right though...

Jastremski: I checked some of the balls this morn... The refs hosed
us...a few of then were at almost 16

Jastremski: They didnt recheck then after they put air in them

McNally: gently caress tom ...16 is nothing...wait till next sunday

Jastremski: Omg! Spaz

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

McNally: gently caress tom....make sure the pump is attached to the needle.....fuckin watermelons coming

Jastremski: So angry

McNally: The only thing deflating sun..is his passing rating

Ouch.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hahahaha and we're somehow back to the weather defense!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Although the conclusion of the Wells report is compelling, the findings of Lab Coat Guy directly contradict it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxsXFX3tDpg

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TubeStank posted:

gonna own when tom gets a suspension

schefty saying that the nfl is considering discipline

Gonna own when McNally loses his career, Brady's reputation remains unaltered, and Bob Kraft whines about what a travesty and sham this whole thing is as he pays a fine lower than Woody's for the Revis "tampering".

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sean10mm posted:

So the report says the Pats probably did it while also literally saying they can't prove anything either way?

LOL

I mean, "can't prove" in the same way we can't prove Hernandez was a killer, sure.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jerome Agricola posted:

Byrd is one of my very favorite players in the league and I was really hyped we cap wizzed him to our roster. I was literally fist pumping when it broke. And then in his first (second? idonremebr) appearance as a Saint he saved that one touchdown and I was ready to canonise his rear end. And, well you know the rest dont remind me anymore ok
Byrd was really good in Buffalo, but I have to admit he's a bit on an obscure "favorite player" if he isn't on your team. How on earth did you become a Byrd fan before he signed with the Saints?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, man.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lawyers are a noble breed.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

A girl on Staten Island once punched me in the face because I said the Velvet Underground are better than the Doors.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Matt Cassel sucks and I wish the Bills would have picked up one of the other similarly-tier QBs on the market. Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Moore — all of these are cooler than Matt Cassel. Go Tyrod.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Never change Rex, never change.

Ah, this missing piece.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

The Seahawks defense is significantly better than either of those teams though
By DVOA...

Seattle: -16.8% (#1)
Buffalo: -15.5% (#2)
Houston: -6.2% (#6)

Houston's a bit off, but Buffalo's nearly there.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tannehill is good and I'd rather have him than Andy Dalton.

EJ Manuel is bad, but I think his badness is overstated. Guy has less than a full season of games under his belt and pretty much every facet of the Bills' offense regressed under Doug Marrone. But he's cooked because, uh, Rex gonna Rex.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Toxx clauses are the goddamn worst.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia
#Bills OC Greg Roman: Ive seen Tyrod Taylor grow as a professional. We are the benefactors of that. Pretty well-rounded player, and, dynamic

Hahaha, Tyrod Taylor is legit going to be a starter.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

I honestly can't see how Geno beat out Fitz

The Jets are on the first year of a new regime after a 4-12 season. I'm guessing there's not much pressure to make the playoffs right away (in spite of the insane talent influx), so they might as well spend some time seeing if Geno can develop a bit. Guy deserves at least a shot without Rex's dogshit offensive coordinators.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chan definitely can get the most out of subpar QBs for a spell, but it's not like he ever actually develops them to be good. He's never had an opportunity with a top prospect, but the wheels fell off on Thigpen and Fitzpatrick after half a dozen games or so.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Athanatos posted:

His 1 nice play of the season.

That's Geno "Perfect Passer" Smith to you.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Here's the play that caused that bruise:

What material is Fred Jackson made out of?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Who's ready to watch J.J. Watt grump out about people not caring about football enough?

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
Can confirm, as @McClain_on_NFL said, #texans are finalists for Hard Knocks and take it a step further. They are the favorites.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

dan marino owns

Hahahahahaha

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Febreeze posted:

They may have done it with Wilson but really he only says that because Aaron Schatz is a giant Patriots homer who can't keep his bias out of his work

I figured it was a Matt Flynn reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

In before someone suggests that Cam's extension is ridiculous, compares it Tom Brady's salary, and expresses misguided concern that it will cripple Carolina's cap for years to come. Also in before someone suggests that Cam isn't that good.

• Locked thread