Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I filmed a movie today at the Georgia Dome.

Of course I decided to try to make a gif for tff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

It's the bad throwing motion.

Nah, it's been long since established him, me, and emily thorn's fiance from revenge are all long lost brothers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

Please tell me you poo poo on Atlanta's field somehow.

Lead actors already did it! Ba-Dum Ching!

nah serious this is a loving massive production and everything is top shelf. experimental 8D cameras, 120 fps. We have to shave every four hours.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

Sweet! Football related plot or just for a scene in the film? Or, can you not say for now?

Nah. It's called billy Lynn's long halftime walk. War movie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I didn't know they were turning that book into a movie. Script good?

It's slated for release November 16 so god knows what's actually going to come out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cascadia Pirate posted:

Why isn't it being filmed in the Jerrydome? Great book btw.

Tax incentives, available crews, etc.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shrimpy posted:

Greg Jennings v2 :(

I hope he latches on somewhere and regains any of his prior form.

yes me too.

I've been wanting James Jones for like six years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He may have demanded his release or some such.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

In what may be the most perfectly tailored piece of offseason news for this forum The American Royal BBQ Competition is moving to Arrowhead stadium this year (and presumably semi-permanently).

They apparently had to turn away about 40 teams last year from the competition (165 teams were in) and moving to Arrowhead will allow them to have 2-4 times as many contestants. It does potentially screw up scheduling, this year October 1-4 the sports complex is free with the Royals out of town and the Chiefs traveling, but it probably won't always work out like that.

And again, the anti vinegar lobby goes out of its way to screw over North Carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Coach Ron Rivera conceded Michael Oher is "very key" to the Panthers' success this season.

It's not a good spot to be in when Oher is a linchpin as the starting left tackle. "The Blind Side" has given up 93 pressures across his last 27 starts (as a right tackle) and is a major concern for Cam Newton. The Panthers should be looking to get involved in the La'el Collins sweepstakes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

But the Panthers hired his coach from his time in baltimore when he was good and and and and

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Between Oher & JMart I'm sad to see Cam die on the field this year. He seemed like a cool dude. See your pearly whites at the pearly gates buddy.

JMart is third on the depth chart at RT at the moment so sorry you're not going to see him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That Works posted:

It's good to see that the rest of the NFC South is retarded.

We're gonna be fighting out the end of the season playoff spot at 8-8 aren't we?

Nah I think the Panthers are pretty safe to get to 10 wins with their schedule and with whats going on in the south.

fwiw i predicted them at 8 last year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jairus Byrd getting injured was the best thing that happened to them last year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey vikes trade low to the Panthers tia

quote:

Vikings LT Matt Kalil underwent arthroscopic surgery on both of his knees in January.

Kalil was arguably the NFL's worst left tackle in 2014. The hope is the scopes help Kalil return to form. Kalil is also taking "injections designed to help patients deal with joint pain," like platelet-rich plasma therapy. Kalil was a Pro Bowler as a rookie in 2012. Last season, PFF charted Kalil with a league-high 12 sacks allowed in addition to 14 penalties, tied for second most among offensive tackles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CowboyKid posted:

It cost him a multimillion dollar payday. He would've been a first round pick had there not been suspicions.

Dallas got 3 first rounders for the price of a 1 and a 2. Good job front office.

I'm not going to comment on Collins but there are reasons every team passed on Gregory and if anyone is going to figure them out is Greg Hardy.

quote:

Ride n in the big B instagr.am/p/NJQYy9wWw5/

GQ (@ItsGHardy) July 16, 2012

I can't find the tweet but this was after he posted a picture of like 8 empty shot glasses on a strip club bar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bold, coming off the worst back to back games for a QB in playoff history.

quote:

DAVIS HSU @DavisHsuSeattle
Softy says he has heard that RW is asking to be the highest paid player in the history of football by a large margin. On air now.
6:14 PM - 7 May 2015
38 38 Retweets 10 10 favorites

Danny Oneil says the offer the Seahawks have on the table is $80M over 4 years- he also says the parties are "tens of millions apart"...
6:49 PM - 7 May 2015
4 4 Retweets 3 3 favorites

Oneil also mentions difference between Big Ben signing his new deal vs RW is one is coming off a low rookie deal-other coming off a big deal
6:53 PM - 7 May 2015
2 2 Retweets 3 3 favorites

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Hold the gently caress up. Did Bill Simmons leave ESPN?

His contract wasn't renewed because they were tired of his poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is it just me or are there a lot of acl tears this year?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's what he gets for making GBS threads on shaq Thompson.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ribsauce posted:

Every NFC South team has at least one major deficiency. There are no complete teams in the division.

Oher has looked great so far :ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Metapod posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah good joke

Ron's literally talking him up. I have no idea what to think.

Even last year when Bell was giving up 10 pressures a game or whatever Ron would just swallow hard, give that thousand yard stare, and say with a straight face "Byron is doing his best next question"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

football fuckerman posted:

But you can't imagine he's doing the same thing with Oher?

Listen I'm going to go against the grain in TFF and actually be hopeful my team can succeed and as such I'm going to be optimistic about a potential upgrade at a key position right up until someone gets cut in TC and the Panthers sign him and take Oher behind a shed.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Hopeful is one thing.

But are you really falling for a coach talking up a player when rookie minicamps have barely begun?

not really tbqh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jake Matthews: worse than Byron bell.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

DJ Swearinger got either cut or traded per his Instagram

COME TO CAROLINA

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RumbleFish posted:

...because of the dog bite? Doesn't make any sense otherwise, they've been teammates for years.

Yeah, and Clowney has taken almost as many plays off in the pros as he did at USC.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

The famous example is a guy in Poland who beer bonged wood grain alcohol, wandered into traffic, got hit, then in the hospital had tests done which had him at 1.48. Managed to even live a few days before all that took him.

:rolleyes: get on this guy's level, cunts.

quote:

The man was allegedly 32 times over the legal alcohol limit. His blood had an alcohol content of 1,6g/100ml. The legal limit is 005g/100ml. He was driving a Mercedes-Benz Vito and was arrested near Queenstown in Eastern Cape at about 11pm on Wednesday.

Five boys as well as a woman who were also in the vehicle with 15 sheep, allegedly stolen from nearby farms, were also arrested.

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/news/2010/12/24/drunkest-driver-in-sa-arrested

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Christ, I need to move to Chicago. It's 86 loving degrees in Atlanta and we aren't even in the long months of summer yet.

yeah it feels amazing.

go walk the beltline you fat pathetic nerd.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:qq: too many attractive girls and sunlight and cool dogs :qq:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

The closest I've ever come to meeting Fiz is he was in Chapel Hill one time a long time ago and asked to stay at my place on IRC and I probably would have said ok except that my girlfriend (now MY WIFE) was there and I really didn't know how I would explain "Hey there's a guy I've never met from the football forum on something awful and he's gonna come stay with us tonight ok"

those were desperate loving times.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ozu posted:

Thanks Bucs.

@MMehtaNYDN
Jets put in a waiver claim for former Texans safety D.J. Swearinger, per source. Buccaneers claimed him yesterday.

How do you DOWNGRADE from Dashon Goldson?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Olsen and Cam's favorite route is a sideline out so that's not that surprising.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

News: Bruce Irvin wants to sign in Atlanta in 2016

Views: Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

He's really not that good.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Fiz. Dog. My man. Fellow NFC:S fan.

Here is a list of the pass rushers the Falcons had had in the last 5 years who are better than Bruce Irvin.

1. John Abraham

I would think Falcons fans would know better than to buy high on front seven players supported by a superior defense (Jackson, Hartwell, Edwards, etc) but here we go again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atlanta should have traded for Swearinger.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

i mean they succeeded in trading a future 2nd for armanti edwards, which is arguably even worse because that ended up being 33rd overall.

This doesn't bother me because the PAtriots drafted the guy they would have taken anyway, ras-i dowling, who never played a snap i don't think.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

@ProFootballTalk: Another CB gone from the Pats; per league source, Chimdi Chekwa has been released.

:siren:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chimdi.......we're home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

why are some of them bolded

Those are the ones that are total garbage.

• Locked thread