Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Supposedly the Falcons are denying rumors that they will trade for Irvin. Bummer. I'd like to see him end up on the Jags or Falcons if he can't be a Hawk anymore.

Eh, I wouldn't too much stock in anything anyone says right now. Where there is smoke there is fire, so I wouldn't be super shocked if something went down tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Bad Moon posted:

But Dan Quinn actually knows how to use a d line :confused:

Panthers hate, nothing to see here.

Seriously though, if Vic comes in and puts up any kind of numbers he will be a loving hero in Atlanta due to the bar being so hilariously low. With his first step and with Quinn coaching him up, he looks like he will be a force.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Sweet loafers bruh

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Falcons signed the other Kevin White. I know a few goons thought he was good so cool I guess.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ozu posted:

Doug Martin isn't having his 5th year option picked up. Michael Clayton and Doug Martin; what is it with Bucs rookies owning and then never coming close to that again?

The infection takes about a year to set in...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Falcons signed something called Collin Mooney. Any Titans fans care to elaborate? Apparently he graded very well in run blocking (pff I know) is he any good?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

What is Patrick Peterson doing on that list? Kind of a weird grouping...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

he is fine. he lost his job to jackie battle if that tells you anything

At least it is competition for Patrick DiMarco who is god awful so I'm ok with fine.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

He mentions Ray being the "perfect size" when literally every draft profile I read on him mentioned his size was his knock. And Ray played 3 seasons at Mizzou while Sam played 4, so stats are skewed.

Not really saying anything here, just reading up for the goon mock draft it seemed like Ray was a top level talent, borderline elite minus his size, was Sam that heralded coming out of college? I wonder how different it would have been if Sam didn't come out before the draft, it's pretty sad and pathetic that if that truly was the determining factor that it dropped him as far as it did.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

football fuckerman posted:

lol I noticed that article mentioned all of their countable stats except, you know, starts, so I was wondering how they compared.

Some college players just can't get it done in the pros. I really don't know if that is a category Sam fits into or not, but it seems like getting time on a practice squad should have gotten him noticed if he was playing well

Yea, he definitely took liberties with some of his arguments in that article, but I guess that is to be expected.

It did seem like Jerry Jones was all about Sam and the attention he would get from it, so it is pretty surprising nothing more came of that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Gotta call you out on that, buddy, they were both at Mizzou for 3 years + 1 red-shirt season.

Yes, but 3 seasons of stats vs 4 seasons of stats does skew the overall result.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CowboyKid posted:

N: Randy Gregory got a Cowboys tattoo.

V: Sign of mental instability or buying in?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/randy-gregory-cowboys

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

E: nm, misread

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 6, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Johnny loving Football is slowly turning into Johnny Flippin' Football...countdown to purchasing a Corolla is underway :(

quote:

Johnny Manziel has moved out of his downtown apartment.
He's now living in a suburb west of the city. Manziel is trying to avoid the nightlife that derailed his rookie season and eventually landed him in rehab. The Browns failed to upgrade at quarterback during the draft, leaving Manziel as the clear No. 2 behind Josh McCown. Manziel's commitment to improving himself is encouraging but he still has a long way to go as a football player.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ehud posted:

Good.

He has a better chance of succeeding if he's not snorting lines off of hookers.

Have you not seen Wolf of Wall Street?!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That looks terrible, sorry Jags fans :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah good joke

The funny thing is Fiz is completely serious and thinks Oher will be good :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

TubeStank posted:

Aaron Rodgers is on Celebrity Jeopardy today!

:haw:

THE PENIS MIGHTIER!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Christ, I need to move to Chicago. It's 86 loving degrees in Atlanta and we aren't even in the long months of summer yet.

I'll swap places with you. I need to live closer to Fiz.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

DrKennethNoisewater posted:

Rice, Peterson, and Hardy; great track record. Guess Brady will be out all of 2015.

One of these things is not like the others

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 13, 2015

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Bucs just can't help themselves from Buc'n

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Will Texans fans finally stop defending him now? I hope so. He's a really dirty tackler.

He may literally amputate Tony Maoki below the knees*

*If Tony Maoki ever makes it to the regular season

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Broken tackle stats for last year: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/broken-tackles-2014-offenses

Which aren't shocking at all, in that Lynch blows away the competition at Running back and Gronk is significantly ahead at receiver. Kaepernick also avoided more sacks then anyone, because who else holds the ball for far too long then runs around for 10 seconds as often as he does?

Kinda surprised Ben isn't higher on that list

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Atlanta should have traded for Swearinger? :lol: dafuq?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Who wants an arbitrary list? You all do! NFL Uniform Power Rankings Below!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12913780/uni-watch-power-rankings-nfl-best-worst-uniforms

Not shockingly, the Jags are the worst and the :barf: Steelers :barf: are the best. No love for Cinci and how are the Browns rated so damned high?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

They're above average but that list is talking about the normal Chargers uniform.

Throw backs list would be simple tho

1. Atlanta Falcons
2. Who cares?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chichevache posted:

:lol::cripes:

Roddy. Roddy White. Of which the Falcons somehow have two.

had :science:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

davecrazy posted:

The Giants brough in Jake Long and his one health ACL for a tryout.

You'd be better off with Jake from State Farm.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

soggybagel posted:

No. But I'm speaking from a nfl organization standpoint. They'll probably just let him sit all year. And then a team will take him next year into training camp.

About that...local espn reporter for Atlanta tweeted this.

Looks like according to Georgia law, Shembo would face 1 to 5 years in prison if found guilty of felony aggravated cruelty to animals.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Did we fire his rear end yet? Shembo?

Please tell me they just fired him into the sun.

Yeah, he gone.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Police report from Shembo's incident...what a loving tool.

Autopsy findings:

quote:

The following day, Shembo allegedly made comments to Williams about killing the dog, and she broke up with him, she told police.

A necropsy was conducted at Gwinnett County Animal Shelter, and tissues samples were sent to the University of Georgia for further testing, according to police.

[The dog] had significant internal injuries and the cause of death was blunt force trauma, veterinarians determined.The dog had a fractured rib, fractured liver, abdominal hemorrhage, thoracic hemorrhage, extensive bruising and hemorrhage in the muscles in her front leg and shoulders, head trauma, hemorrhage and edema in lungs, hemorrhage between the esophagus and trachea, and hemorrhage in the left eye with internal injuries, police said.

Ugh, makes me sick :(

e:

There is also this:

quote:

"Wanted to leave the country because he knows how much time he would do in prison for animal cruelty"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

TubeStank posted:

A bunch of 80s and 90s posters

http://imgur.com/a/O2626

Those rule so hard.

That Seau one is begging for some photoshopped dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

I wonder if he tried to lighten the mood by telling her via meme

Lmao

• Locked thread