Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
collision-enabled races suck rear end and are worthless but more people play those than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

program666 posted:

I forgot the multiplayer is actually interesting this time around. Are there any interesting mechanics on the single player game or is it still just provoking traffic jams and chain-exploding cars?

the interesting mechanics are the epic character-driven plot and the mother loving graphics you dumbass bitch

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
still haven't played more than a couple hours of gta5, i probably should play it more...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Is there anything interesting in this game, or is it still just these things that are cool and fun?"

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Is there anything interesting in this game, or is it still just these things that are cool and fun?"

and that I could already do in every other gta but let's ignore facts

program666
Aug 22, 2013

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the interesting mechanics are the epic character-driven plot and the mother loving graphics you dumbass bitch

Well, that's more than enough for me! Story and graphics are the things I like the most in games, thanks, bye.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

not every game can reinvent the wheel. sometimes it's okay for something to be the bigger, prettier version of an old idea. i don't know about GTA5, i haven't played those since the PS2 era.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I know, I know, I wasn't making some kind of criticism about gta 5, I'm just saying it's not that weir someone actually not being all that interested about the game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

counter example: in each civilization game the player does, in fact, reinvent the wheel.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
GTA5 is a tremendous mechanical/gameplay improvement on GTA4, sometimes in ways which are new and sometimes in ways which are a return to what was good about Vice City and San Andreas (and lol if you think nobody should be deterred by the visual fidelity and UI and network functionality and poo poo in a game that's two console generations old now)

It's fine to not be interested in it but thinking it's a terrible game in comparison to SA or GTA4 or is "pointless" is akin to thinking Diablo 3 is an ugly game with a bad UI wait a m

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
I am nearing completion of the GTA V story and enjoyed it immensely. Someone on the team really liked Heat. And I dig that.

In fact I'd really have liked it if it was even longer with more heist-setup style missions. Or if they had a 12-hour expansion with Franklin and Lamar before the main story, as a San Andreas "gang on gang" style story. Frank didn't get enough love.

e: I have enjoyed the singleplayer missions of this game moreso than any GTA before it. Mainly I am concerned the open-world dickery will be limited after the story and I may have to deal with GTA Online. Which sounds like poo poo.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 4, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
gta5 has both the best and worst missions in the entire franchise

it feels like a very transitional game, which makes sense. can't wait to see what Rockstar does next, hopefully RDR2 or Agent

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Zombies' Downfall posted:

GTA5 is a tremendous mechanical/gameplay improvement on GTA4, sometimes in ways which are new and sometimes in ways which are a return to what was good about Vice City and San Andreas (and lol if you think nobody should be deterred by the visual fidelity and UI and network functionality and poo poo in a game that's two console generations old now)

It's fine to not be interested in it but thinking it's a terrible game in comparison to SA or GTA4 or is "pointless" is akin to thinking Diablo 3 is an ugly game with a bad UI wait a m

To be fair, GTA4 was worse in most ways than San Andreas. So saying 5 is the newest, better GTA means this game on the ps4 is a PS2 game but better. Comparing games to their previous entries is always unfavorable.

You can shoot hookers, ramp boats onto a beach and skydive without a parachute. And it is all very pretty with an amusing background. I think that's the best way to describe gta5.

How is first person mode anyway?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Nasgate posted:

To be fair, GTA4 was worse in most ways than San Andreas. So saying 5 is the newest, better GTA means this game on the ps4 is a PS2 game but better. Comparing games to their previous entries is always unfavorable.

You can shoot hookers, ramp boats onto a beach and skydive without a parachute. And it is all very pretty with an amusing background. I think that's the best way to describe gta5.

I only play in first person

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nasgate posted:

You can shoot hookers... I think that's the best way to describe gta5.

What are you, someone from the press?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yall know what game is actually kind of rad? Running with Rifles

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it's balls loving hard and the mechanics are kinda clunky but :sbahj: it's fun

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Tower of guns is free on psn and it looks good but im too busy loving my rear end with my 10 foot dick to dl it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
do you like Portal? do you like bullet hell shooters? would you like if Portal and a bullet hell shooter hosed and had a baby? because that's Tower of Guns, for better or worse

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

no gta 4 was not in any way worse than the worst GTA, San Andreas

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

stux'd again!!!

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hog Inspector posted:

stux'd again!!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

zen death robot posted:

Heists pay well

What I find funny about this is that you are right heists do pay well but they don't give you even close to the amount you need to buy some of the properties and poo poo, meaning you have to game the lovely-rear end stock market with the assassination missions in order to do so. Even then, 2 of the 5 heists give you literally no payout and one of those actually COSTS you money, which is stupid.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Hog Inspector posted:

stux'd again!!!

:smoobles:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

don't play tower of guns it is trash as all gently caress. ziggurat isn't free but its 100x better than tower of guns.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You're wrong they're both great

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

CJacobs posted:

What I find funny about this is that you are right heists do pay well but they don't give you even close to the amount you need to buy some of the properties and poo poo, meaning you have to game the lovely-rear end stock market with the assassination missions in order to do so. Even then, 2 of the 5 heists give you literally no payout and one of those actually COSTS you money, which is stupid.

He's talking about the online multiplayer heists, not the story mode. Money in single player is not a big deal, unless you're retarded and waste it all the time dying or something.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tower of guns is not very good. and they released a ps3 port that is a freaking slideshow

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Broseph Brostar posted:

He's talking about the online multiplayer heists, not the story mode. Money in single player is not a big deal, unless you're retarded and waste it all the time dying or something.

Oh. Lol if you play multiplayer in gta 5

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
This is just the bad opinions about video games megathread holy poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
GTA 5 multiplayer can be fun if you hate yourself, and I do, but I don't hate myself that much

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The man doing the jerk-off gesture from the safety of his armored Kuruma rolls past again. Circling like a hungry virtual shark. I can feel his stare and the beads of sweat rolling down the back of my neck as he drives by, his jerking arm moving in almost slow motion as I take in every feature of the surroundings. Blood, everywhere. Bullet casings litter the ground. I can see them now, the dents on his car from where I had just futilely been shooting him. Soon he will kill me for the 35th time from his invincible nightmare car and instant lock-on headshot. As my passive mode blinks and begins to fade, dragging me back into the corporeal game world, he rounds the corner. Five seconds have passed. I tense my finger so that I may tap to respawn faster when it's all over. My character's last thought is surely, 'only a broken fool would have fun doing this'.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

The man doing the jerk-off gesture from the safety of his armored Kuruma rolls past again. Circling like a hungry virtual shark. I can feel his stare and the beads of sweat rolling down the back of my neck as he drives by, his jerking arm moving in almost slow motion as I take in every feature of the surroundings. Blood, everywhere. Bullet casings litter the ground. I can see them now, the dents on his car from where I had just futilely been shooting him. Soon he will kill me for the 35th time from his invincible nightmare car and instant lock-on headshot. As my passive mode blinks and begins to fade, dragging me back into the corporeal game world, he rounds the corner. Five seconds have passed. I tense my finger so that I may tap to respawn faster when it's all over. My character's last thought is surely, 'only a broken fool would have fun doing this'.

hey mods? probate this guy for a month.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hey mods? probate this guy for a month.

I'm sorry you like bad videogames

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I don't even care about anyone's opinions but that post was garbage and I don't want to see you post anymore. Thanks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As if anybody would ever care what you think lol

Is the Hotline Miami 2 level editor out yet? Just wondering if I should reinstall yet or not

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I aways wait until 75% off before buying whatever is the AAA trite of the month and I aways feel like I'm paying too much.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

except for assassins creed brotherhood, they should pay me for the 2 hours I spent on that, I laugh at every single person that actually played that franchise more than a few hours holy poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CJacobs posted:

alternately you blow him up with a rocket launcher then fly away in a heli laughing as you here him scream expletives over mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you then also crash the helicopter into him

• Locked thread