Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I reinstalled SimCoaster today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Timesplitters: Future Perfect is loving awesome.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
We all know the best Mega Man game is any Mega Man game that lets you play as Zero that isn't X6 or X7.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I declare that Donkey Kong Country is a pretty good game and Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest is pretty incredibly super good and I like it very much.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
My favorite part of the ending of Donkey Kong 64 was when they distracted K. Rool with monkey boobs.

No matter how horribly flawed it is, I will always love DK64.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
don't bother with 100%ing dkc1, it's a cool game but the reward for 100% is nothing and it just amounts to finding all the bonus rooms so you should just beat it and move on to dkc2, which gives you more stuff if you're going for 100% and is a better game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Having just gotten all 900 Notes, 100 Jiggies and 24 Empty Honeycombs and totally kicked Grunty's butt at both answering quiz show questions and in combat, I think I am done with Banjo-Kazooie for the near future.

Donkey Kong 64, you are next (though maybe only after i finish some other Rare games)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Nothing can burn me out on my childhood

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

i was told that costume quest 2 was so disappointing you shouldn't even play it bc it'll retroactively ruin the first one for you, c/d?

on a related note, should i play broken age?

i really liked broken age act 1 but i haven't gotten around to act 2 yet, and i've heard mostly bad things about it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have previously said that Donkey Kong 64 is very fun if you don't go for 101%. Despite this, I have begun a 101% playthrough of Donkey Kong 64, because Donkey Kong 64 is a fun game and I like it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goldeneye 64 has a lot of things that bug me, but at the same time it's the best james bond game i've ever played considering most james bond games either suck or aren't notable in any way. at least the guns in this feel awesome and it feels more exciting than nightfire

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
xenia's death scene in goldeneye should have been more like in goldeneye for the nintendo 64

OBJECTIVE B: COMPLETED

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the fact that kyle katarn is no longer canon in the star wars universe is loving bullshit, you do not retcon a man who punches giant space reptiles to death

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Whoever decided that the two minute long bit in the control level in Goldeneye where you have to protect natalya was a fun idea, was wrong

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I think Half-Life 2 is fun. Speaking of fun first-person shooters, I am playing Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark is really cool, it is like GoldenEye, but aged less painfully.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I finally beat GoldenEye on 00 Agent. I never want to look at Control Center, Water Cavern or Antenna Cradle again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I thought I was playing Donkey Kong 64 so I could do some relatively poorly designed collectathoning, not so I could play this dumb 80s game nobody likes

EDIT: half-life 2 is good, dumb jerks. SMOD isn't even the one that adds co-op, at least i don't think it is i think that's just synergy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I am an idiot and played through a chunk of Devil May Cry before ever figuring out Devil Trigger and how important it is.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I have now reached 49% in Donkey Kong 64 after finishing Gloomy Galleon, which was a cool level except for the fact that it was way too loving open and had a lot of stuff the camera kept getting stuck on and the draw distance made it hard to see a lot of things, like Chunky's last fifteen bananas. Alongside this, I have reached Kaos Kore in DKC3 with 54% and am planning to get 100% on it and DKC2 after I beat the final boss.

Perfect Dark also continues to be the single best FPS ever made for the Nintendo 64. I like good video games.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 24, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't have my xbox anymore, but it was a very good game on that too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Beat DKC3, so now I'm gonna get all the DK and Kremkoins in Diddy's Kong Quest, then come back and do the same in this one.

I can kind of get why people seem to look down on DKC3, honestly. It's a super good game, but something about it just doesn't feel as awesome as the second one. There are a lot of cool things about it that I dig, but for some reason DKC2 just feels better to play.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I've got 120 golden bananas and all bananas/banana coins/banana medals/banana fairies in every world from Jungle Japes to Fungi Forest. I am about to go do some poo poo in Crystal Caves. That rabbit was a real pain in the rear end, tbh. Doing a complete playthrough makes DK64's issues much more apparent, but I still like it. Also now at 74% completion in Diddy's Kong Quest.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I have a better challenge for you

get 100% on Rayman legends and Rayman origins.

As in beat all time trials. collect everything ever, and beat Land of the Livid Dead.

This will be a difficult challenge. Perhaps some day, I will have the gaming strength to attempt such a feat.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
beaver bother is not a bonus stage, it is an experiment in frustration

e; Even though I refused to use save states for any part of the game until now, I decided it was worth it just this once because holy loving poo poo

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 27, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I just beat King K. Rool. Think I'm done 101% replaying DK64 for the rest of my life

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
My opinion on DK64 has been somewhat soured by 101% and Beaver Bother, but I'm pretty sure that by the end of this I am still going to loving love the poo poo out of Banjo-Tooie

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The boss battles in DK64 are seriously one of the best parts of that game, they are really loving cool.

I still wish they didn't repeat Beaver Bother twice in one world, or even have the second instance of Beaver Bother at all, because goddammit.

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 28, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Goldeneye 007 Water Caverns on 00 Agent, Perfect Dark Area 51 Rescue and WAR! on Perfect Agent and Beaver Bother are the hardest things Rare has put out since Battletoads.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I like Mario Kart 64 more than Diddy Kong Racing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I feel like Diddy Kong Racing's Adventure mode is actually about Conker's adventures in only ever finishing in 4th place on the silver coin races because three of the AI racers vastly outpace everyone else

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Excels posted:

why play as anyone but the clock isnt he the fastest

you have to unlock him first and conker is way cooler

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
If I could shoot Elijah in the groin, I would take that option every time.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Wizpig is a dick

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i thought goldeneye wasn't pretty, but blast dozer is single-handedly the butt-loving-ugliest game rare ever released on the n64, i wasn't prepared for this

it's a really amazing combination of vomit textures, horrible ui and oh my god those are not human beings

it kind of sucks because for all their age, banjo-tooie, dk64, conker and jet force gemini look alright for n64 games

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 31, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

considering you're calling it "blast dozer" and not "blast corps" I'm going to assume you're from some idiot county that doesn't like awesome games because blast corps is the goddamn poo poo

oh no blast dozer isn't a bad game, it just really, really isn't a pretty one

doesn't make it any less fun to drive around loving poo poo up

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Cause a lot of them are cool games I haven't played in years, and others I haven't played at all. And then some others are Star Fox Adventures.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

i'm pretty sure that merely owning this is considered legal proof that you're a furry

the fact that i got it when i was a kid instead of star fox 64 even though i totally had an n64 is just legal proof that i was an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I'm playing Super Metroid for the first time. It's like they decided to invent a genre while also making the best game in that genre they just invented.

• Locked thread