Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Ferroque posted:

bacon is the biggest food meme

can't eat that either
grains are the ultimate food meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Don't even get me started on Nutella.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Mad Monk posted:

And bacon, man I was eating bacon way before the internet started bacon everything, thing. Holy poo poo, what would happen if somebody were to put sriracha on bacon and ate it dressed as a zombie?

trader joes has bacon sriracha jerky

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mad Monk posted:

Don't even get me started on Nutella.

I was never allowed to have nutella in the house when I was a kid because my dad is deadly allergic to hazelnuts. After trying it I wonder why the poor bastard doesn't kill himself.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

does meme just mean thing thats popular now

It means a thing. It's a thing now. This is a thing. I can't believe it

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Nigmaetcetera posted:

because my dad is deadly allergic to hazelnuts

LMAO!! your dad must be the biggest pussyin the universe!

"nnnyehhh oh no are those filberts? my frail body can be undone by even a single filbert" *pushes up really thick glasses and takes puff of inhaler* - ur dad, 2015

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

dad lame. so what

a dog from hell posted:

Wheres his balls?

Be-photoshopped away so that they may sell whimsical underpants on the Internet without shoving balls in everyone's faces :rip:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ferroque posted:

Sriracha is a loving meme now and I can't eat it anymore.

I'm sorry you let something being popular or not determine if you like it

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
could you put a couple squeezes of sriracha in my caramel macchiato?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

sriracha was already a meme 10 years ago

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
my spidey senses were tingling, did someone make fun of LA beast in this thread?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
anyways gently caress YOU if you did

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

idk I felt like this for a moment after fedoras got super popular on reddit (I had a couple I wore in hs before they blew up) but I realize I can't ever wear them again because there's no way I'm getting associated with MRA dildos

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

Maybe I still like the sauce but I just don't want to be associated with that group? Ever think of that smart guy

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Efb (pronounced ehfbuh)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You can just make your own sriracha it's not like some proprietary recipe. That way you can enjoy it and not be afraid of rooster sauce memes.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Moridin920 posted:

idk I felt like this for a moment after fedoras got super popular on reddit (I had a couple I wore in hs before they blew up) but I realize I can't ever wear them again because there's no way I'm getting associated with MRA dildos

Lmao

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Moridin920 posted:

herm

fedoras haventbeen cool since the 30's

are you 110 years old?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Tezzor posted:

sriracha is legitimate good OP its not its fault that lard homunculi spazzing out about it

This. Also it's been a meme for a while, kind of late to be worrying about it now. Just enjoy your spicy ketchup without being overly hyperbolic or obsessive about it and don't worry what other dorks are doing.

Same applies to bacon but not fedoras because, with fedoras, there really isn't an appropriate time to be wearing them these days honestly. Maybe at a prom?

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 1, 2015

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I was into fedoras when they were still a relatively obscure signal of bad taste, before they became a universally recognized signal of bad taste.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

herm

fedoras haventbeen cool since the 30's

are you 110 years old?

no I was just a dumb 15 year old trying to find a hat I liked because baseball caps look weird as gently caress on me (imo) and I thought hey this one isn't so bad

in retrospect I should have maintained my hardline conservative position of 'gently caress all hats' but what's done is done.

There was another kid in my grade that wore a tophat every single day and his nickname for a while was 'Tophat' so in comparison it wasn't a big deal which probably saved me some scorn.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
well im judging you for it

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Pace Picante has it beat by 11 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeilxKluTCU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I look forward to la beasts goodbye video when he reveals his entirely preventable, self caused gastrointestinal problems

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

burritolingus posted:

Same applies to bacon but not fedoras because, with fedoras, there really isn't an appropriate time to be wearing them these days honestly. Maybe at a prom?

If you are a professional jazz musician currently playing jazz music professionally

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
my cum is a meme.

has anyone said that yet.

edit: about their own i mean not mine necessarily.

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
Imagine changing your eating habits based on what people on Reddit post

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I mix siracha with caesar for a delicious salad dressing.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

loquacius posted:

If you are a professional jazz musician currently playing jazz music professionally

Also you just stumbled out of a time machine from 80 years ago.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ferroque posted:

Sriracha is a loving meme now and I can't eat it anymore.

waaaa waaaa the internet dictates my life so i can't eat a thing anymore waaaaaa

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
soy sauce is a meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

hey guys i base my entire life on the popularity of things. too popular and i'm done.

oh wait that is a hipster

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

waaaa waaaa the internet dictates my life so i can't eat a thing anymore waaaaaa

would you wear a fedora? why or why not?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
kikkomannnnn

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

would you wear a fedora? why or why not?

no because we are not in the 1950s and hats are no longer required in order to appear respectable in society and maintain a middle class job that pays my bills -- money being literally the only thing in life that dictates what i do and how i interact with other people

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if tomorrow my boss told me to wear a fedora i would wear a loving fedora

if tomorrow my boss told me to suck his dick i would consider my career options and suck dick if necessary with a big smile on my face

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I never liked the stuff.

I think the reason it's a meme is because it's some of the hotter fare the typical american will face, and there's a whole annoying culture based on liking spicy food. A friend of mine is annoying as gently caress about it, too, he just goes on and on about how he can't eat anything without hot sauce.

Big loving whoop, get a goddamn set of taste buds christ

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Noyemi K posted:

I never liked the stuff.

I think the reason it's a meme is because it's some of the hotter fare the typical american will face, and there's a whole annoying culture based on liking spicy food. A friend of mine is annoying as gently caress about it, too, he just goes on and on about how he can't eat anything without hot sauce.

Big loving whoop, get a goddamn set of taste buds christ

It's only a thing because average Americans are huge loving babies about anything with even a hint of spiciness. When you're raised in that culture it's easy to fall in to the trap of thinking that eating spicy food makes you interesting.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
at the end of the day, food is food is food. bacon being a dumbass meme doesn't stop me from accepting a dish with some bacon in it, and i like spicy dishes but it's not the core of my meal planning or culinary identity

all food turns to poop eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Noyemi K posted:

at the end of the day, food is food is food. bacon being a dumbass meme doesn't stop me from accepting a dish with some bacon in it, and i like spicy dishes but it's not the core of my meal planning or culinary identity

all food turns to poop eventually
some poop is really hot rear end burning poop tho

• Locked thread