Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
League Page

Okay, it's that time again. The draft is over, we have a long summer of OTAs and QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY ahead of us, and whatever pathetic excuse for a sport you've tried to use to fill the void in your soul left by football has worn out. It's time to prove yourself as the ultimate Goon drafter in the 2015 FANTASY FAILURES GOON SLOW DRAFT.

Roster & Scoring
1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK

Basically standard scoring with half PPR. Complete rules here.

Draft Rules
You have 24 hours to make a pick. Fail to do so and MFL will pick for you based on the 2015 ADP. When you make a pick, follow it up with an explanation and whatnot in here. Add a picture or something. gently caress it I don't know this is a draft you've all done them before.

The Failures
Spoeank
Beer4TheBeerGod
Leperflesh
coronaball
VDay
Gyshall
Cervixalot
Varg
Zypher
timp
Azhais

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok hi my name is Leperflesh and my team is Dain Bramage. Until I come up with a better team name. Hi everyone, looking forward to losing to you find gentlemen and ladies this year!

Also by the way, I've gotten five of these now:

It's definitely not me. Whoever keeps mashing that button could stop?

e. OHH, I bet what happens is, every time Beer adds someoene, he has to mash a button to make it send that person some help, and the site is so dumb it sends it to everyone instead of just the new guy. Awesome.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Requesting 12 hours per pick unless there is someone who doesn't own a smart phone in this draft

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Yeah it was me spamming invites. I am a bad. It is over now. All is well.

I don't care if it's 12 hours or 24.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

12 is OK for me. It's very unlikely that my turn would come up at like midnight on one day and I wouldn't have time to make a pick before noon the following day: and if you know your turn is coming up, you can pretty reasonably set an autodraft choice with your pick narrowed down to two or three players so you don't get sniped.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I'm ok with 12 hours.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
12 hours works.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
When will this start? Monday?

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

gotta beat Zypher's "less than 1 minute" spent making picks this year

(it won't happen, I'll still overthink this for no reason)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

When will this start? Monday?

I was thinking as soon as the real draft ends.

Any complaints about draft order?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

12 hours per pick is cool, and no qualms about the draft order. Starting it after the draft is a good plan, looking forward to kicking this off, fellas!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's do it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: :siren: :siren: DRAFT HAS STARTED gently caress IT! :siren: :siren: :siren:

With the first pick in the 2015 Goon Slow Draft, BeerShits selects Le'Veon Bell, Running Back, Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yes, he'll be suspended for three games. No, it's not likely he'll see that reduced. But Bell is such a dominant presence in PPR that, if his production remains at the same level it did last year, he'll average the same score that Jamaal Charles did in 2014. His upside is sky high, his offensive line is stable, and when he plays he has a ridiculously high number of points scored per game.

Leperflesh is on the clock.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lev Bell 1.01 was the pick I was wondering about

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Lev Bell 1.01 was the pick I was wondering about

I debated between him, Jamaal Charles, and Eddie Lacey. Decided to go with Bell because of the high floor and apparent stability in his spot. Charles would make sense but his age worries me. Lacey would have worked as well but I like Bell's high points per game.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I debated between him, Jamaal Charles, and Eddie Lacey. Decided to go with Bell because of the high floor and apparent stability in his spot. Charles would make sense but his age worries me. Lacey would have worked as well but I like Bell's high points per game.

Bell at 1.01 does not surprise me one bit, even with with his suspension.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'd have no problem taking Bell at 1.01. Yeah the suspension sucks, but you should have two serviceable RBs for the first three weeks of the year unless you really hosed up. Blount getting traded and the Steelers realizing "Hey if we just give this dude the ball like 10 more times per game he gets 200+ yards and a couple of TDs! Weird!" won me my main league last year.

With that said Beer you're an idiot for taking him, your pick sucks, ez win, gb2reddit, etc etc etc.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK. I know it's coming. Let me have it.

Also it took a while to figure out how the gently caress to draft, this UI is awful. I like how it's not covered with flash advertisements and distracting bullshit, but it's ridiculous that clicking on "draft" in the left pane does not take me to a place where I can, you know... draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

OK. I know it's coming. Let me have it.

Also it took a while to figure out how the gently caress to draft, this UI is awful. I like how it's not covered with flash advertisements and distracting bullshit, but it's ridiculous that clicking on "draft" in the left pane does not take me to a place where I can, you know... draft.

I'll let you have it after you explain your logic behind drafting him. Come on man!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

holy poo poo this loving website has the worst UI ever. Someone tell me how to draft a player, I drank about 47737 beers during the boxing match and my brain can't handle this.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm messing around with the mfl10 app and it seems pretty straightforward. Otherwise you can either follow the link you get in email once it's your turn to draft, or click draft on the left sidebar and use the drop downs to filter and select player, then click draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's not hard. It's not intuitive, but it's not hard. It's all under the "For Owners" tab at the very top.

For Owners -> Draft -> Select a Player -> Add To List -> Save Picks And Continue

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'll let you have it after you explain your logic behind drafting him. Come on man!

I hate picking so early in the first round. I want ODBJ, I think a lot of people think he's going to "regress" this year but I disagree a lot. And I'm quite sure by the time I'm picking at the end of the second round, he'll be gone.

Also: I'm burned on picking elite RBs. I know they'll be gone by the end of R2 as well, but I'm OK with that. Also: this is a three-WR league, which I haven't played before, but I think it means we'll be relying on a lot of crummy WRs in bad situations by the time we're filling that third slot... and the flex spot is going to be a real crapshoot. Also: because I thought it would be funny. And maybe it will trigger a run on WRs.

Finally: because I spent all day yesterday playing boardgames with my buddies, I was on my way to bed at 1:30 AM, and just randomly happened to check email and see that it was my turn and I would miss my spot if I went to bed without drafting. ODBJ was at the top of the list of ADP, which I thought was amazing, and I figured: why not go with the collective idiocy? I was pretty tired and might have picked differently this morning.

coronaball posted:

holy poo poo this loving website has the worst UI ever. Someone tell me how to draft a player, I drank about 47737 beers during the boxing match and my brain can't handle this.

From the Home page, on the left side of the screen, there's the big box called Draft Status. In that box, under the subhead "DRAFT MAY START," find the line that says "Enter your Draft Picks now." The words "Draft Picks" are a clickable link.

For some incredibly stupid reason, you can't discover clickable text until you hover over it, because they're using CSS that doesn't distinguish links from regular text. I want to beat the web designer who made that decision with a lead pipe.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:56 on May 3, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Keep in mind MFL10 is best ball too when making picks

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Don't forget the most important part of your team: picking an appropriate sound clip to play every time someone clicks on your team.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And the first victim of the 12 hour time limit appears

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
coronaball if you wanted to change your selection you're welcome to do so. This bit of amnesty applies for the first round only, and if someone else snags your pick before you then that's too bad.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If the auto-draft just goes by ADP then he selected that pick himself. That site's ADP is pretty great, there are like 10 receivers in the top 15.

e: Hmm on the comments part it says 'Pick made by ADP rank' so I guess maybe not. I probably just missed Luck's name when I was looking at it earlier or something.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VDay posted:

If the auto-draft just goes by ADP then he selected that pick himself. That site's ADP is pretty great, there are like 10 receivers in the top 15.

e: Hmm on the comments part it says 'Pick made by ADP rank' so I guess maybe not. I probably just missed Luck's name when I was looking at it earlier or something.

The MFL ADP can be weird. Currently the next RB via ADP is Eddie Lacy, and he's after Bryant, Brown, Gronk, Jones, Thomas, and Green. In that order.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'll respect the amnesty and wait until like 6 pm Pacific tonight to make my pick

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Oh God, I didn't want Luck to be auto-drafted. I wanted Eddie Lacy. Can you fix it?

As for a comment, he's not serving a suspension, and has less miles on him than Charles does. I like him slightly better than Charles and Bell, but only slightly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

In that case I'll nab Jamaal Charles

He's like 95% of the Chiefs offense and catches a bunch of garbage Alex Smith dumpoffs. Good amount of tread on the tires but only 28.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 4, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
You sons of bitches, I was so close to somehow getting either Lacy or Charles :argh:

e: Well poo poo, looks like it immediately auto-drafted from my picked list instead of waiting until the 12 hours were up.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
So just to clarify then, I want to take Lynch with my pick since coronaball took Lacy instead of Luck.

The goofy UI that site uses made me think I was just making a pre-drafted list for my own sake, not making a "These players will be drafted the second your pick goes live" list, because why the gently caress would anyone want that?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VDay posted:

So just to clarify then, I want to take Lynch with my pick since coronaball took Lacy instead of Luck.

The goofy UI that site uses made me think I was just making a pre-drafted list for my own sake, not making a "These players will be drafted the second your pick goes live" list, because why the gently caress would anyone want that?

Oh poo poo. OK, time to delete my autodraft list. What the gently caress.

Gyshall posted:

Keep in mind MFL10 is best ball too when making picks

What does that mean?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

You can edit the rankings, but if you go to the pick by pick list it's an autodraft list (and also why Z had <1m per pick last year, he always autopicked)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

What does that mean?

Best Ball means that you draft a team and every week the computer takes your highest scoring player at each position and plugs them in there. So if you have Matt Asiata on your team you get credit for the three times he gets three carries for three TDs and none of the rest of the garbage.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Leperflesh posted:

What does that mean?

It means that MFL will automatically put your highest scoring players for the week in your roster slots, so you don't ever have to pick a lineup and it always gives you your best one. This also means you'd want to have 2 kickers/2 defense/2 TE to make sure bye weeks are covered.

I'm up next but I'll wait till the morning to put my pick in to see if Beer has this sorted out by then.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh poo poo bye weeks. In normal leagues I have generally relied on the waiver wire for weeks when I have several byes. Now I'm going to have to actually be careful about congruent byes in the draft order.

Azhais posted:

You can edit the rankings, but if you go to the pick by pick list it's an autodraft list (and also why Z had <1m per pick last year, he always autopicked)

I only wanted a fall-back list that would autodraft someone if I don't respond for 12 hours. Is there a way to do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Varg- as long as you don't pick Lynch or Lacy, you're good to go (unless you're waiting to pick Luck once that gets changed) - those are the only adjustments that need to be made.

Best Ball is cool, and definitely changes the strategy a bit, and gives greater value to boom/bust players.

It's probably too late, but should we consider doing 20 rounds to get a bit deeper into the ranks? Otherwise we're taking 2x D/ST and 2x Kickers from Round 13 on, which leaves room for only 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs, 2 TEs, which doesn't give much leeway on the whole best ball thing.

Edit:

Here's an MFL10 http://football30.myfantasyleague.com/2015/options?L=17536&O=07 I did a few weeks back that goes for 20 rounds that shows how deep rosters get at that point.

Note that there were no kickers in this league, though.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 4, 2015

• Locked thread