Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Leperflesh posted:

I only wanted a fall-back list that would autodraft someone if I don't respond for 12 hours. Is there a way to do that?

That might be a league setting. There's a "when draft picks expire do X" setting in the draft, and it's like "Use MFL ADP", "Use Fantasy Sharks ADP", "Use players rankings", tho the former two might be the fallbacks if you don't have anything ranked.

tldr I think it will follow your pre-draft rankings if you have them defined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah I have a list defined, but I do not want to autodraft the instant it's my turn. Imagine if the four players ahead of me all drafted in rapid succession: I want to be able to consider who they drafted, and why, and do some kind of basic analysis, before picking my guy. For example if there's a sudden run on a scarce positional I might decide to join the bandwagon instead of the guy I was going to pick.

I would have assumed everyone would want to do this. At the very least, there should be a check mark in a box that I control that says "autodraft immediately" vs. "autodraft only when your time expires."

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well alright then I just made my pick

1.06 - Matt Forte

just do a lot of this, Jay..

Zypher is up next

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I have a list defined, but I do not want to autodraft the instant it's my turn. Imagine if the four players ahead of me all drafted in rapid succession: I want to be able to consider who they drafted, and why, and do some kind of basic analysis, before picking my guy. For example if there's a sudden run on a scarce positional I might decide to join the bandwagon instead of the guy I was going to pick.

I would have assumed everyone would want to do this. At the very least, there should be a check mark in a box that I control that says "autodraft immediately" vs. "autodraft only when your time expires."

I don't mess with any of the pre-drafting stuff, for this exact reason. The automated email will cue you when it's your turn, but I understand if you're going to be away from your phone or PC for more than 12 hours, it makes sense.

Also note that MFL is awash with lots of fantasy experts and pros and those types that who have been doing MFLs since the site opened for the year and player ADP reflects that accordingly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, we're set. In terms of drafting my preference is that we treat this like a regular redraft and don't worry about whether it's best ball or not. The scoring at the end of the season is more for loving around. That's also why it's 16 players and not 24 or whatever.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This is about winning and I'm going to lord my second DST & K all over you Beer

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, we're set. In terms of drafting my preference is that we treat this like a regular redraft and don't worry about whether it's best ball or not. The scoring at the end of the season is more for loving around. That's also why it's 16 players and not 24 or whatever.

So, what you are saying is that you have gathered up some degenerate fantasy football fans in the fantasy sports forum's fantasy football thread from last year who are jonesing hard enough for our addictions that we'll desperately grasp at any opportunity to engage in fantasy football-like substances, irrespective of the quality of the host, so that we can voluntarily engage in a multiple-week-long drafting exercise in May.

But you want us to act like the points don't matter, and just pretend that this is a league where we would be able to use the waiver wire, and trade players around, etc.?

OK sure yeah we will all agree to do that. You should definitely draft your players that way Beer. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I assure you that the rest of us will definitely absolutely make our picks with the same idea in mind. The points at the end of the year will be nothing but an amusing footnote, basically meaningless. We'll all just have a chuckle about it then. Yes.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 4, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you assholes are serious I can expand the rosters to 24 and we can throw down like the overgrown manchildren that we are.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was not serious and obviously don't speak for the other assholes.

That said, I don't understand the 24 teams part. Explain it to me like I'm a child... why would we need 24 teams in order to do this MFL10 thing?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

I was not serious and obviously don't speak for the other assholes.

That said, I don't understand the 24 teams part. Explain it to me like I'm a child... why would we need 24 teams in order to do this MFL10 thing?

24 man rosters. You need a lot more dudes if you're doing best ball. There are no roster moves so you need like 15 RBs alone.

(exaggeration)

(...slightly)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

He said expand the rosters to 24 and I thought he meant to 24 teeammms

yeah totally if we need two kickers (at least) and two D/STs (at least) and like five WRs and two or three TEs and at least two QBs etc. etc. then a 24-man roster sounds about right to me.

Also let's do five IDP positions and push it to 40. We'll still be drafting in August, it'll be great.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Expand the rosters until someone is unironically drafting Tebow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

VDay posted:

Expand the rosters until someone is unironically drafting Tebow.

132 man rosters with IDP let's do this.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We draft until MFL is out of players

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Beckham 2nd? wtf

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I know right? And he was just sitting there at the 1.01!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

89 posted:

Beckham 2nd? wtf

I hope this is a precursor to season long leagues this year, because I'm going to eat up.

Also I'm all for 24 man rosters.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The clock is running out I Got Nothin'. Don't become the second victim of the AutoDraft selection!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There's a poll on the league page. Go there and vote for it you want 16 or 24 slots.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Autodraft strikes again.

I'm ready to make my pick (1.8), but I don't want to set up a chain of events that might see multiple people's selections called back in the First Round Amnesty. If I Got Nothin' aka Zypher doesn't check in on the thread by 2:13 CT (which would be 16 hours in total to make his selection), I'll submit my pick.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 4, 2015

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
now i remember why i hate slow draft

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

Beckham 2nd? wtf

Yup. :D

If I could, I would have traded down ~6 spots and taken him around there.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Leperflesh posted:

Yup. :D

If I could, I would have traded down ~6 spots and taken him around there.

Yikes. I know it is early, but even in a PPR best ball format he shouldn't be the top WR off the board.

Feel free to quote me on this in another few months but he is almost a statistical lock for regression.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

When it comes to WR production, the QB being a sling-happy INT machine is a good thing. It means more balls thrown into heavy coverage, which is exactly where OBJ is going to spend the entire season. I can't think of a QB I'd rather he be paired with.

Statistically, yes, rookie WRs with huge rookie seasons tend to regress the second season. On the other hand, statistics only tell you so much. And to be honest... I'm super burnt on first-round RBs, and I'm a lot more confident I can get a good QB in a later round. I was about 100% certain OBJ was not going to make it to the end of the second round, for me to get him as my second pick.

So, was it a reach? Absolutely. Like I said, I'd rather have drafted him 1.7 or something. But I looked at the rest of the prospects for the next 21 picks, and he's the player I wanted the most in that group.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Hi. Hold on let me get my bearings; didn't realize this had even started yet!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Can I please have Antonio Brown instead? Luck's great and all, but taking a QB in the first round would not be my style

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Woohoo, he made it! I'll make my pick then:

Publix Enemy #1 Overall selects RB Adrian Peterson, (currently) Minnesota Viking.

ADP has apparently spent his year in time out getting in shape and getting angry as gently caress. According to one reporter: "Wherever Adrian Peterson ends up, he looks like he has lived in the gym the last six months. His arms look like he could rip a keg in half." https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/status/578271651877376000

This may be the year that Peterson's age catches up to him, but after he proved doubters wrong with a 2,000 yard season after returning from a massive knee injury, I'm not betting against him.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cervixalot posted:

adrian beaterson

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zypher posted:

Can I please have Antonio Brown instead? Luck's great and all, but taking a QB in the first round would not be my style

Aw poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Fixed. Let's try that again. timp you're up again, sorry.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

It was either Senor Beat Your Son or Gronk for me at 1.8, and while I think Gronk will have a great year (and his massive positional advantage and all that) I'd rather lock down a high-ceiling RB early on for best ball.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fixed. Let's try that again. timp you're up again, sorry.

Alright, we'll go with this dork.

So obviously I would have loved to get Antonio Brown at this position and I'm not surprised he actually went earlier and I've decided to wait a bit until Round 2 on a WR1 as I have several in mind. I'll admit I'm not 100% sold on Gronk in the first round at this point, but he was an absolute monster near the end of the season last year, and like a few people have already mentioned I'm not crazy about any so-called first round RBs at this point except for LeVeon Bell. Plus it's nice to have the added value at TE, a position where most people will hit or miss like crazy.

Azhais is up!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
To go with current trends I'm gonna wait 12 hours then auto-acquire Luck only to have Beer have to issue an emergency replacement pick.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Azhais posted:

To go with current trends I'm gonna wait 12 hours then auto-acquire Luck only to have Beer have to issue an emergency replacement pick.

this is the way to go imo

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm not messed up getting Shady McCoy and DeMarco Murray at the later end of a 12 men draft. Kind of a steal, even with their situations I think.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Question: Since kickers are loving trash anyway and we're playing best ball, how would people feel about dropping the kicker position so people who feel compelled to pick up two DSTs because MAXIMUM POINTS can do so without compromising their other options?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Sounds great to me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah. With two or three kickers on the roster, everyone's just going to get either 12 points every week, or get lucky that one week their kicker has three 50+ yarders and another two PATs. I'm happy getting rid of kickers completely.

...we can replace them with punters...

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I'm 100% ok with not having kickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We should replace them with offensive linemen

• Locked thread