Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Stewart would not have made it to your Round 5 pick.

Woo :toot:

Part of me wanted to go for it in round 3 but at the same time I had a feeling I could have waited until 5 or even 6...I guess 4 was the magic round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I kinda feel like I shouldn't have went RB/RB and instead picked up Ingram or Stewart in the 3rd or 4th and had maybe LeSean/Jordy or DeMarco/Jordy/Peyton/Stewart

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I took Golden Tate at 4.07

Methinks he continues to eat while teams still worry about double covering a declining Megatron

VDay is up

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
QB: R. Wilson
WR: A. Brown, J. Nelson, B. Cooks

Can't wait to see what worthless crap I trot out at RB and TE

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I keep being thrown off by the timing since I see like 10 people ahead of me and expect it to take a day and a half to get to me, only to check my email at lunch and see that I'm up.

Pretty nervous about this pick since coming up is my shorter gap in draft order, so I had to consider who would potentially be available next time I'm up. Going to go with Matthews though. Not much to say, reliable WRs are winding down and I'm hoping he has a real solid year with Maclin gone. He's supposedly being moved out of the slot more as well, so fingers crossed that he gets a couple of deep bombs per game thrown his way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VDay posted:

I keep being thrown off by the timing since I see like 10 people ahead of me and expect it to take a day and a half to get to me, only to check my email at lunch and see that I'm up.

If you go to "franchise setup -> wireless" you can enable text messages when you're up in the draft (and for lots of other things)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Bold call - Jonathan Stewart is a first round fantasy pick next year (or at least finishes in the top 5 RB as far as fantasy is concerned.)

That is as long as his robotic leagues hold up. He looked great last year though and powered me to a few championships.

e: going to do my picks in a second

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

VDay posted:

Pretty nervous about this pick since coming up is my shorter gap in draft order, so I had to consider who would potentially be available next time I'm up. Going to go with Matthews though. Not much to say, reliable WRs are winding down and I'm hoping he has a real solid year with Maclin gone. He's supposedly being moved out of the slot more as well, so fingers crossed that he gets a couple of deep bombs per game thrown his way.

Matthews is a great pick and I was surprised he fell that far. I was definitely going to take him if he fell to me at 4.11.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Matthews is a great pick and I was surprised he fell that far. I was definitely going to take him if he fell to me at 4.11.

Yeah I agree. Mathews is a great selection. Also we're now getting into what I politely consider the "poo poo realm" of players, where you're not sure who's going to float to the top and who's going to sink to the bottom of the bowl along with your team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah I agree. Mathews is a great selection. Also we're now getting into what I politely consider the "poo poo realm" of players, where you're not sure who's going to float to the top and who's going to sink to the bottom of the bowl along with your team.

You got that right.

Slammin' Sammy Watkins

Edit: forgot analysis. Second year in the league, should take a step forward. We'll see how he does in Roman offense. When Crabtree was Crabtree pre-ACL he & Kaep were useful. That offense can support exactly one WR, though. He's probably a bad call for best ball leagues since he'll probably just be a consistent force.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 6, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Don't worry, we only have to pick 20-21 more players each :kheldragar:

Also last year in my main league my fourth, fifth and sixth round picks ended up being complete busts (loving Keenan Allen) while my 7th-10th round picks ended up giving me super solid production all year long so don't get lazy once all the big splashy picks stop.

VDay fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 6, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This pick brought to you by Cinco de Mayo and $2 Tecates:

TJ Yeldon, RB, Jacksonville

Strong pedigree, almost no competition for carries. Maybe a reach with Latavius Murray and Ellington still there, but I don't think too much of one.

edit: I'm going to be very slow to make my picks over the next 48 hours due to work. Please bear with me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hahaha oh my god, emergency meetings this morning at work, and of course I didn't have anything in the list for this pick

would it be extremely abusive to not have todd gurley? I'd like to draft Keenan Allen instead

I will keep todd as punishment for my sins if need be

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

hahaha oh my god, emergency meetings this morning at work, and of course I didn't have anything in the list for this pick

would it be extremely abusive to not have todd gurley? I'd like to draft Keenan Allen instead

I will keep todd as punishment for my sins if need be

Well you can draft Keenan Allen now if you'd like. Now that we're on the fifth round we've all had ample opportunity to get used to the system.

Also I considered Allen, but decided that Ellington and Bernard were much better given how quickly RB depth is going to plummet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well OK. I was gonna go with maybe a QB or TE as my next pick but I'll deal.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
As expected this was not an easy round to draft. In the end I think I made the right call.

Andre Ellington
Between the offensive line improvements and the indications that Ellington's job remains secure this seemed like a logical pick. Historically I find that RB dries up much quicker than WR, and when he was healthy Ellington put up a decent number of high scoring games.

Giovani Bernard
While his star is somewhat dimmed by the meteoric rise of Jeremy Hill, I still like Bernard as a pass catching RB and think he'll do well in PPR scoring. I also see a major cliff coming up with respect to RB value and think I'd be better off getting a RB3 than a WR2.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I took Allen because he's a good receiver I guess.

Oh man Gurley had ACL surgery in November and may miss the first month. Why is his ADP so high? That's stupid.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Because only idiots like us are having drafts right now so ADP is probably based on a fairly low number of drafts (compared to something like ESPN's ADP a month before the season starts) where a couple of people taking a player 3 rounds too early gives him a fairly significant bump in ADP.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
imo anyone taking Gurley this year is silly, his injury is a serious one and he probably won't see playing time until halfway through the season.

Saw him go in the second round in another MFL this month. Crazy poo poo.

e: I know I took Gordon, but still.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was hoping to get my pick in last night, looks like the guy before me went within minutes after I went to bed. Then this morning I had back to back meetings with important people, ending at 11 AM... minutes after my pick expired. Couldn't have timed it any worse.

Whatever, Gurley will just be my handicap for being so good at fantasy football. Yeah.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
There's an option to use FantasyShark's rankings instead, if people hate the ADP that much.

Also if it bothers you that much Leperflesh I'll change Gurley to something els.e

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I do not deserve special treatment. If you give me too many mulligans, there could be accusations later when I win this whole thing.

Using the fantasyshark ratings would be good tho

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I always end up setting it to FantasySharks when I set up MFL leagues. MFL's ADPs, especially this time of year, are really volatile.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, if there are no objections I'll change it to Fantasysharks tonight.

Also :siren: BEER4THEBEERGOD'S TOTALLY PRELIMINARY DRAFT ANALYSIS :siren:

BeerShits - L. Bell, J. Graham, M. Evans, A. Ellington, G. Bernard
ELITE PRO TIER DRAFTING SKILLS. If Graham turns out to not suck that would be awesome. I hate drafting first overall.

Anvil of Crom - O. Beckham, A. Foster, C. Hyde, T. Gurley, K. Allen
Beckham/Allen is a loving nasty combination. Solid RB options. Clearly going with the "gently caress TEs and QBs" school of drafting.

Halo Egg - E. Lacy, A. Luck, D. Hopkins, T. Yeldon, A. Cooper
Lots of risk here with a rookie RB2 and WR2. Could obviously explode, but could equally explode in your face. I like luck where you drafted him.

Spoeank Dat rear end - J. Charles, A. Green, L. Miller, S. Watkins
Not feeling this one. Stud RB1 and WR1, and obviously Miller has a ton of upside, but Watkins is a serious question mark. Does Buffalo even have a QB?

Tim Tebow Slashfic - M. Lynch, J. Hill, T. Hilton, J. Mathews
Nice and balanced, with good pickups for RB and I like the upside of your WR.

Minessota Vikernes - M. Forte, R. Cobb, E. Sanders, G. Tate
Clearly going WR heavy, and I don't blame you after getting Forte. Cobb/Sanders/Tate should offer up a lot of value. I'd be worried about how little RB depth is left though.

Empty Set - A. Brown, J. Nelson, R. Wilson, B. Cooks
Apparently running backs are more of a fad. Frankly I probably would have snagged Morris over Wilson, or gone balls out and picked up Jeffery as well.

Publix Enemy #1 Overall - A. Peterson, C. Johnson, A. Jeffery, J. Forsett
Probably my favorite team so far, child abuse notwithstanding. Still debating if picking up Mike Evans over Jeffery was the right choice for me, but I loving love this lineup. I think Forsett is criminally underrated and Megatron could easily bounce back.

"Football" - Wayne Gretzky - R. Gronkowski, J. Jones, M. Ingram, J. Stewart
I think Gronk is a solid pick, and getting Julio in the second is nuts. I agree that Ingram's situation is sketchy with Spiller, but I love getting Stewart where you did.

Dr. Strangedraft - D. Bryant, C. Anderson, K. Benjamin, C. Spiller
I think Anderson has the top spot in Denver locked up, I like your WRs, but the lack of certainty in New Orleans makes it hard for me to support drafting a RB from there.

Franchise 89 - L. McCoy, D. Murray, P. Manning, J. Edelman
I don't like Edelman as a WR1 and think you could have waited for Manning and stolen Morris for a RB trifecta.

Former Kicker Ray Finkle - A. Rodgers, D. Thomas, A. Morris, M. Gordon
Personally I don't like drafting rookies, especially not rookies in the first five rounds. I think the risk is too high and there are better options. For example had you drafted Forsett or Stewart I think you would be much stronger. That said I like your first three picks and Gordon could easily explode so who knows.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wait, I thought we didn't have a flex and couldn't roll out 3 RBs or I would have taken Ingram...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Here's my review of Beer's review:

"I'm a big dumb poop face" - Beer

no wait

one more try

Martavis Bryant because I'm playing around with best ball and he's the perfect WR3 to carry for best ball and I doubt I get him next round. Love that Steelers offense this year, love what Bryant will do with a full season.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 7, 2015

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

89 posted:

Wait, I thought we didn't have a flex and couldn't roll out 3 RBs or I would have taken Ingram...

As I understand it, this format is "best ball" so you'll get the points for the top two or three RBs on your roster each week. And we're going to have a big pile of bench slots. I expect everyone's going to be taking at least four or five RBs.

Beer said in the first post:

quote:

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST/1PK
So there is a FLEX spot on the roster as well. Standard FLEX would be WR/RB/TE.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Gonna go ahead and scoop up Kelce. No idea if it was a round too early, but I didn't like my chances to get him 15 picks from now given that only Gronk and Graham have been taken so far at TE. Briefly thought about taking either a QB or RB/WR3, but decided to snag the guy I think will be top 3 at his position. You know, ~positional scarcity~ and all that.

I think everyone on SA knows Kelce's deal, but I had him in my league last year as well so I'm doubling down on him actually doing well this year. With Fasano gone Reid has to give him the ball more. Right? Right? :ohdear:

Assuming he actually becomes a part of that offense, sky's the loving limit. He looked god drat unstoppable during a couple of games last year, before randomly disappearing for months at a time.

VDay fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 7, 2015

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I still believe in Franklin Delano Gore.

this is the year he dies though, right?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Gore doesn't age.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Don't love this pick, but felt I needed to grab one more RB before things totally dried out - Joique Bell it is. With Abdullah or Riddick as his complementary back, Bell should have a decent season if he can stay healthy. I thought about taking Crowell instead, but after they drafted Duke Johnson and with West still a threat, I'm pretty wary of that backfield.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I like and believe in Joique, he saved my bacon a couple times near the end of last season.

My autopick from last night :iamafag:

Brandon Marshall

When I saw his name was still on the pre-draft list I surprised, so I did some research and found out he's now playing for the Jets, and then I was even more surprised that he was still there. He was frustrating to own last year due to inconsistency and injuries, and I'm not exactly thrilled about him catching passes from Known Little Boy Geno Smith, but there's no doubt in my mind that he wWILL be fed well in East Rutherford, NJ. Perfect definition of a boom/bust this year imo.

89 picked Kevin White last night and Gyshall made his two picks at the turn...89's back on the clock!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Greg Olsen

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dammit, I was hoping to snag DJax.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dammit, I was hoping to snag DJax.

Sorry for the snipe, my man. I feel your pain - I was hoping for Gore earlier for my third RB and missed him by one pick.

There are some sexy looking teams so far. Can't wait to see what these rosters look like in 18 rounds. According to current Fantasy Pros rankings (which only go to 201), we'll have 87 more picks (another 7 rounds) to go once Steadman Bailey is off the board.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Took another RB.. big dumb Giants fan homer pick here.. Rashad Jennings. He's still first on the Giants depth chart so I guess it's his job to gently caress up. Gyshall took Vereen and maybe that's the better pick if it's going to be more of a timeshare this year. We shall see :iiam:

lol

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Gonna take good 'ole VJax. Only 2 TDs last year but 70 catches for 1,000 yards. I think Mike Evans gets more attention this year and VJax gets a couple of his TDs go his way. Plus best ball format helps cover for his monthly 2 catch/30 yard game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

So many catches last year. I'm not scared of Parker. He'll have a good floor for the weeks Martavis bottoms out.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
drat. I considered taking Rashad Jennings ahead of Isiah Crowell, but I thought the goofy pre-rankings might let him slip to me another round. I don't think it's a homer pick, and I was surprised to see Vereen go before him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I missed out on Jarvis Landry by 1 pick, and now I'm drafting someone on my "do not draft" list in round 6 with Maclin. This is going to poo poo quick.

• Locked thread