Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I missed out on Jarvis Landry by 1 pick, and now I'm drafting someone on my "do not draft" list in round 6 with Maclin. This is going to poo poo quick.

gently caress. Maclin was the other guy I was aiming for. I figured Maclin and Jackson would've been a dynamite WR combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress. Maclin was the other guy I was aiming for. I figured Maclin and Jackson would've been a dynamite WR combo.

Kirk Cousins needs weapons

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Antonio Gates is my man.

OK, yes, he's getting pretty old. He still had 821 yards and 12 touchdowns last year. Twelve! If he manages 700 yards and 8 TDs, he's still likely a better pick than owen daniels or delanie walker or something. Yes, Ertz is the new upcoming guy, maybe he has a higher ceiling, but I like even an aging Gates' floor for my TE1.

Plus in this photo he is doing my avatar's smile.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp, here's hoping. Floyd I picked out of desperation as the best player remaining who isn't Eric Decker. All of the other skill positions are looking like poo poo and Drew Brees is still Drew loving Brees so why not.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The Saints have been bulking up their o-line like nobody's business this offseason. I'm thinking Brees big time sees a comeback and Ingram goes for back to back bad rear end years.

Which...is why I wish I knew we had a flex so I had DeMarco/LeSean/Ingram...but that's my fault. I looked at the actual league page and it did not list a flex.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Anquan Boldin.

It may be a reach at this spot. I very nearly took Decker. But looking at the stats, Boldin just outperforms, year after year.

SF has no clear #1 wideout going into the fall. They've drafted a couple guys, they might make some trades, but Boldin was Kaep's reliable checkdown wideout. He's proven himself again and again. I'm gambling on Kaep showing some improvement, a new coaching staff showing they have any idea how to use him, and Boldin showing up for his 13th season in good form.

Decker is probably a better wide receiver. But I just couldn't bring myself to trust the Jets QB situation to feed him.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Boldin is a PPR monster

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I just can't see anyone in San Francisco doing well outside of Carlos Hyde.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I just can't see anyone in San Francisco doing well outside of Carlos Hyde.

It all depends on Kaep this year, really a make or break year for his career.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
whoops, now I timed out again. Hilarious that it would autodraft a backup QB in Round 7 when I already have Luck. Matt Ryan is available for trade!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sit tight goons my VPN apparently blocks MFL now (but not Something Awful...?) so I can't draft until this evening.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just tell Beer who you want, and he can select the player for you, maybe.

coronaball posted:

whoops, now I timed out again. Hilarious that it would autodraft a backup QB in Round 7 when I already have Luck. Matt Ryan is available for trade!

I'll trade you Todd Gurley...

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Spoeank posted:

Sit tight goons my VPN apparently blocks MFL now (but not Something Awful...?) so I can't draft until this evening.
phone draft on that 3G you foool, where is your dedication? :D

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I figured out a way around it

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

It's too hard now to try and guess what I can get away with waiting on, so I just picked Ryan Tannehill. Everyone seems to like him this year.. I guess I have faith too?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Partaking in the run on QBs by drafting Tom Brady. I had hoped to snag Matt Ryan or Tony Romo, but so long as Brady doesn't get suspended for more than a game or two, I feel pretty good about getting him in the 7th round.

Fun fact: Brady went 39:11 TD:INT in NE's last 15 games. I like those numbers.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm probably gonna draft Tannehill in my main leagues this year. I just couldn't get past Peyton being there at the end of the 3rd round.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Bah! Screw you for sniping Agholor! Nice pick.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
:getin:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
My last three picks:

BIG BEN

Decided to go for a serviceable QB during everyone else's TE run. I've been a fan of Ben's steady, consistent, and somewhat quiet production over the last couple years, but after his back to back record setting games last season it looks like he's starting to finally get noticed as a QB1, so I'd rather take a chance on picking him up now. Don't worry guys, I still love Cam, but I just can't take the emotional roller coaster of owning him on my fantasy team anymore.

VICTOR CRUZ

A talented borderline WR1/2 from last year who suffered a season-ending foot injury, who's probably going to be back to near 100% by the first game this season? I'll gladly take a 7th round flyer on that.

KENNY STILLS

I'm optimistic with this pick, almost took him in round 7. He's young, has explosive talent, ranked FOURTH in the NFL last season for catch rate, and he just got traded to the Dolphins. Tannehill doesn't have a whole lot of weapons since Mike Wallace left...there's Jarvis Landry, maybe Greg Jennings, and the occasional Jordan Cameron. Lamar Miller's not really a pass catching RB, so Stills has plenty of opportunity to separate himself from the pack and maybe even build a relationship with Tannehill. Plus he had 2-3 great games last year with the Saints which is saying something given all the viable targets Brees had last year. All in all I like the kid's chances to be a very decent WR2 this year!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

Partaking in the run on QBs by drafting Tom Brady. I had hoped to snag Matt Ryan or Tony Romo, but so long as Brady doesn't get suspended for more than a game or two, I feel pretty good about getting him in the 7th round.

Fun fact: Brady went 39:11 TD:INT in NE's last 15 games. I like those numbers.

Fun Fact: Preliminary estimates are that Brady will be suspended for six games.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fun Fact: Preliminary estimates are that Brady will be suspended for six games.

I just saw that. Estimates were 1-2 earlier today. gently caress that poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cervixalot posted:

I just saw that. Estimates were 1-2 earlier today. gently caress that poo poo.

Better than 2 years ago when someone drafted Crabtree the day he tore his Achilles.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I took a second QB here for best ball format. Passed on Stafford only because he had same BYE as Wilson

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Taking a chance on Decker & the fuckin Jets. Hopefully he can rack up catches from whoever throwing to him with defenses focusing more on Brandon Marshall.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Popped in to see how things were proceeding, and I gotta say whoever is drafting for Spoeank Dat rear end is absolutely tearing it up. Charles/Miller/Abdullah and Green/Watkins/Martavis/Landry is a rip roaring start in half ppr (and I'm even lower on Martavis than most). Publix looks pretty good too. Also really like Gretzky's approach here: the aggressive pursuit of risk (BMarsh/Cruz/Stills/BigBen etc) in the mid rounds after taking solid starters could pay off well in best ball.

Halo, you trying to build a youth-league team or something? Get some vets dude.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hoo boy. OK, so I was hoping a better QB would fall to me, but there's been a run this round. I took Kaep.

Yeah. Last season was not great. But despite the niners kind of imploding, kaep's numbers actually aren't that bad: he still runs a lot, including run-in TDs. In best-ball format, backed up with another QB (eventually), I think his streaky performance will be OK.

And! I have the added synergy from already owning Hyde and Boldin. So, might as well go full-on Homer retard, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Popped in to see how things were proceeding, and I gotta say whoever is drafting for Spoeank Dat rear end is absolutely tearing it up. Charles/Miller/Abdullah and Green/Watkins/Martavis/Landry is a rip roaring start in half ppr (and I'm even lower on Martavis than most).

This is a good and correct post.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welp. My draft is falling apart, mostly due to a serious lack of WRs. Both Mike Wallace and Davante Adams are lottery tickets. Wallace performed in a mediocre but acceptable capacity last year, and I would argue that the combination of Bridgewater and Turner will be good for him. Adams is picked up due to the risk of Nelson's hip surgery not going in a good way.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Joe Flacco is my second QB. He's not a bad QB! Last year he threw for nearly four thousand yards, and more importantly, 27 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, so a better than 2:1 TD/Int ratio. He also lost zero fumbles.

I don't have a sense of how the Ravens will do this year, but I figure two middling QBs - Kaep and Flacco - gives me a good shot each week for a hot hand, and a pretty solid floor.

I very nearly took Eli Manning instead of Flacco. This league has the ESPN-style -2 points per INT instead of the -1 common on Yahoo leagues, though, and while Eli was massively improved last year, I just don't trust him not to get silly now and then. If Beer had taken Flacco, I'd have taken Eli.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Out of town/on vacation this weekend so didn't have much time to prep for my picks, so went with Blount because maybe if Brady's suspended they'll run it more or something? We're getting real close to the 'gently caress it I dunno' territory of picks.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VDay posted:

Out of town/on vacation this weekend so didn't have much time to prep for my picks, so went with Blount because maybe if Brady's suspended they'll run it more or something? We're getting real close to the 'gently caress it I dunno' territory of picks.

Only 15 rounds to go!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VDay posted:

Blount this late is a good pickup IMO.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Leperflesh posted:

I very nearly took Eli Manning instead of Flacco. This league has the ESPN-style -2 points per INT instead of the -1 common on Yahoo leagues, though, and while Eli was massively improved last year, I just don't trust him not to get silly now and then. If Beer had taken Flacco, I'd have taken Eli.
I just took Eli as my 2nd QB. I think it's fine to have him for best ball as he could have ridiculous games at any time. It's hard enough to watch him as a fan though, I'm not sure I could ever take him on a team I had to actually set a lineup for.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Varg posted:

I just took Eli as my 2nd QB. I think it's fine to have him for best ball as he could have ridiculous games at any time. It's hard enough to watch him as a fan though, I'm not sure I could ever take him on a team I had to actually set a lineup for.

Yeah. Look at his stats for last year, though. He really has cut way down on the INTs. We'll see if it sticks.

Blount is a very nice pick this late. I quite like him in New England, Bellechick trusts him and believes in him, and Blount understands that offense. I don't think he's ever going to be a big superstar, but you could easily get some good 2TD games out of him at some point during the season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I forgot analysis for my DGB pick so here it goes:

gently caress it why not

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I kinda regret not picking up DeSean Jackson when I had a chance. He's big time boom or bust, but if we're in a best players format, he's an awesome late pick.

And he would complete my pseudo Eagles now & then team. I'm not trying to do that, you guys. But with DeMarco & Aglohor...Chip Kelly = fantasy points. In one of my leagues last year, I whooped major rear end because my team was basically half Eagles/half Broncos.

And then I played Johnny Manziel over Tannehill in the playoffs...

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm in London for work until Wednesday, and totally spaced on my pick yesterday. I don't mind the auto-pick of Kendall Wright here, actually, just not sure another WR is what I would have sprung for at this point. I'll be on top of the next one.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Forever_Peace posted:

Also really like Gretzky's approach here: the aggressive pursuit of risk (BMarsh/Cruz/Stills/BigBen etc) in the mid rounds after taking solid starters could pay off well in best ball.

:respek:

Getting into real sim pickings here. I definitely need to pick up another RB at this point. gently caress it, it's time.

CHARLES SIMS

Even God himself couldn't create the earth and the stars and the heavens in one day; it took six. That's why I'm giving Charles Sims a second season to rise to the power and the glory that we were promised last season. I'm hoping Jameis Winston has never heard of the phrase "Pass, the Buc." and that they'll be leaning on a more experienced player (like, one year more experienced) to run the ball a healthy amount, and right now it looks like Charles H. Sims could be the lead back. It's worth a shot anyways. Look at it this way: If I'm wrong then whatever, I just wasted a spot on my roster, but if I'm right I get to live in an eternity of Fantasy Football Heavenly Glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
poo poo I forgot to take Sims in the first round. Can we just start the draft over real quick?

• Locked thread