Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how good you feelin bud??
feelin good!
feelin great!
feel like makin love!
FEEL LIKE GOKU!!!!!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
only one rule itt - if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all

lately there's a lot of dicks being mean or judgmental or crude when people are trying to have a good time, so this is a thread where only positivity is allowed. the mods agree with me and will probate on sight anyone caught harshing the mellows of anyone else itt, i assume. no eggs, no cucks, no macchs, no guys. just smiles and good times. post a good joke you heard, a cute picture you saw, a fond memory you have, a fascinating tale you've read, and encourage the chillaxing of each other so we may post in positivity. if it's chill, it belongs in this thread.

overt attempts at bringing bad juju to this pow wow will be dealt with swiftly and banfully, i assure you. you have been warned. now break out the metaphorical pipeweed and crank the amp of life up to 11, because its the "ITT we are feeling only good vibes" thread 2015!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Voted 5

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I think you are attractive and id like to go on a date with you Gatekeeper

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
metalinguistic abstraction freakin owns

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Some pretty cool people have posted ITT so far.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i just ate a thousand pounds of weed and im surfin on a rainbow

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

metalinguistic abstraction freakin owns

huh i don't know anything about programming, i read the lil wikipedia article and it seems interesting but i don't know how much of it i understood? wanna break it down for me, bud? :eng101:

thx for the very nice compliment dog house! you're a good dude and i often enjoy reading what you have to say

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZccMqwv0TA

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i thoguht Good Vibes was actually a decent cartoon and wish they had let it run more. It was funny and pretty blue but in a good way.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
We need to spread good vibes to the rest of GBS, you guys.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gatekeeper posted:

huh i don't know anything about programming, i read the lil wikipedia article and it seems interesting but i don't know how much of it i understood? wanna break it down for me, bud? :eng101:

thx for the very nice compliment dog house! you're a good dude and i often enjoy reading what you have to say

computer code can be understood as a set of instructions describing a process. an early example in the book mentioned in the wikipedia article is finding the square root of a number. the computer code used to write that program is, therefore, a description of the process of finding the square root of a number. using metalinguistic abstraction, you can break parts of a process down into abstract procedures. so i might have a procedure for finding an average of two numbers. once i've made that into its own procedure and given that procedure a name(like "average" or "mean"), i no longer need to know about how to find an average. it no longer matters to me that i need to find the sum of the two numbers divided by two, all that matters is that i have this operation "average". this technique can be applied to break down very large problems into very general solutions which are made of small, simple to understand pieces, and i no longer need to understand every piece at once. if this is done correctly, i can produce what is effectively a brand new computational language for talking about processes.

so the simple way of putting it is that a programming language like Scheme allows you to, instead of tackling a problem using the basic Scheme tools and operations, invent an entirely new language within Scheme and then tackle your problem using that.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

thanks! that sounds like a very elegant way to put together programming.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i was never really into beck but recently someone told me they thought i'd really like his album midnite vultures and they were totally right, this album is fuckin sweet and i can't stop listening to it. seems like beck is a pretty prolific artist, can anyone recommend me some other good beck music? also other cool music like this. extremely chill and fun for meditating/focusing chi.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
It's easy to forget today's A-list Hollywood star was yesterday's Vanilla Ice.
That was one miraculous turnaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrG0vp0vjHM&t=18s

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
stick your tongue as far up my rear end as you can get it

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

ghlbtsk posted:

It's easy to forget today's A-list Hollywood star was yesterday's Vanilla Ice.
That was one miraculous turnaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrG0vp0vjHM&t=18s

holy poo poo, vibes is short for vibrations isn't it

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
No you IDIOT

OWNED

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

No you IDIOT

OWNED

*hugs you*

relax, man.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Gatekeeper posted:

i was never really into beck but recently someone told me they thought i'd really like his album midnite vultures and they were totally right, this album is fuckin sweet and i can't stop listening to it. seems like beck is a pretty prolific artist, can anyone recommend me some other good beck music? also other cool music like this. extremely chill and fun for meditating/focusing chi.

Beck's records cover an unusually wide variety of genres. Midnite Vultures was definitely his funk party album and there really isn't anything else in his catalogue that sounds like it, although Guero is probably the next most upbeat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQliE3h0q0

Jamiroquai is excellent fun dance funk with fantastic musicianship. Dynamite is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRMVo1wZLJ0

ghlbtsk fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 2, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:cheers:

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
don't tell me how to feel

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. "We're all in this together," I like to say.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Gatekeeper posted:

definitely listen to Sea Change. great album.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just turned on Planet Earth for a few minutes and now I'm watching like the whole loving thing again. It is drat good. Whenever you are feeling cynical just watch two episodes and you'll be full of wonder and maybe gas.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

definitely listen to Sea Change. great album.

Great, but probably more melancholy than what is sought.

Gay Fry
Apr 27, 2014

ghlbtsk posted:

Great, but probably more melancholy than what is sought.

i like Depeche Mode - A Broken Frame

now that's stuff to rock out to. like that song "See You". classic!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
oh I was just recommending more good beck music. he has a very fun chill song called Tropicalia on Mutations that i like a lot. i also recommend a fun + chill jazz album by Bobbi Humphrey called Fancy Dancer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLx2MBvT84

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

bye nerds

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

thanks for the suggestions dudes

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

No you IDIOT

OWNED

mellow status: harshed repeat melllow status: harshed awoooga

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

farewell friend

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
You loving people make me sick

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
tldr but amen brotha preach the good vibe

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Neukoln19 posted:

You loving people make me sick

sincerely hope this was worth it bud :( i'll ask gnarly to go easy on you but this was pretty uncool and i can't promise that you won't be banned

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*openly masturbates in front of mirror while boppin up and down and singin pass the dutchie to the left hand side and never stops even when i cum still boppin op no stoppin op*

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I know their music isn't the greatest but LMFAOs Sorry For Party Rocking CD can put me in a good mood. Feeling some good vibes if you will.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Maybe not feeling the best good vibes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXnjy5YlDwk

Now you probably are on your way to feeling good vibes.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
You guys are the bees knees. :glomp:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

if that sort of thing is your bag i guess that is cool but maybe you should consider that this might not be the place for you bud :shrug:

• Locked thread