Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

It's May. Some team will win the league. Others will qualify for an assortment of european competitions. still others may even get relegated. only time will tell. and that time is now.

Saturday 2 May 2015
12:45 Leicester v Newcastle King Power Stadium

15:00 Aston Villa v Everton Villa Park

15:00 Liverpool v QPR Anfield

15:00 Sunderland v Southampton Stadium of Light

15:00 Swansea v Stoke Liberty Stadium

15:00 West Ham v Burnley Boleyn Ground

17:30 Man Utd v West Brom Old Trafford

Sunday 3 May 2015
13:30 Chelsea v Crystal Palace Stamford Bridge

16:00 Spurs v Man City White Hart Lane

Monday 4 May 2015
20:00 Hull v Arsenal The KC Stadium

Saturday 9 May 2015
12:45 Everton v Sunderland Goodison Park

15:00 Aston Villa v West Ham Villa Park

15:00 Hull v Burnley The KC Stadium

15:00 Leicester v Southampton King Power Stadium

15:00 Newcastle v West Brom St. James' Park

15:00 Stoke v Spurs Britannia Stadium

17:30 Crystal Palace v Man Utd Selhurst Park

Sunday 10 May 2015
13:30 Man City v QPR Etihad Stadium

16:00 Chelsea v Liverpool Stamford Bridge

Monday 11 May 2015
20:00 Arsenal v Swansea Emirates Stadium

Saturday 16 May 2015
12:45 Southampton v Aston Villa St. Mary's Stadium

15:00 Burnley v Stoke Turf Moor

15:00 QPR v Newcastle Loftus Road Stadium

15:00 Sunderland v Leicester Stadium of Light

15:00 Spurs v Hull White Hart Lane

15:00 West Ham v Everton Boleyn Ground

17:30 Liverpool v Crystal Palace Anfield

Sunday 17 May 2015
13:30 Swansea v Man City Liberty Stadium

16:00 Man Utd v Arsenal Old Trafford

Monday 18 May 2015
20:00 West Brom v Chelsea The Hawthorns

Wednesday 20 May 2015
19:45 Arsenal v Sunderland Emirates Stadium

Sunday 24 May 2015
15:00 Arsenal v West Brom Emirates Stadium

15:00 Aston Villa v Burnley Villa Park

15:00 Chelsea v Sunderland Stamford Bridge

15:00 Crystal Palace v Swansea Selhurst Park

15:00 Everton v Spurs Goodison Park

15:00 Hull v Man Utd The KC Stadium

15:00 Leicester v QPR King Power Stadium

15:00 Man City v Southampton Etihad Stadium

15:00 Newcastle v West Ham St. James' Park

15:00 Stoke v Liverpool Britannia Stadium

gently caress Chelsea.

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster

Bea Nanner posted:

gently caress Chelsea.

Voted 5

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I don't think I had enough passionate football pictures in the OP so I google image searched football passion and found these. I hope this inspires the tone of the thread to be passionate towards football.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

That newcastle form lol

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
There are 7 teams jockeying to get relegated for the golden parachute into noted superior league the coca-cola championship where they will then buy the league.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Quality OP, OP.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

This is a bad season and it sucks that right now QPR and Burnley are pretty much doomed to relegation barring some hilarity, leaving only one spot to avoid.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
I'm mildly interested in who will be promoted.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

I'm mildly interested in who will be promoted.

It won't be you, I've seen your resume.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Will Watford lose a lot of the players that got them promoted because of the Pozzo ownership arrangement?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

Will Watford lose a lot of the players that got them promoted because of the Pozzo ownership arrangement?

Udinese and Granada will just loan them back again.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Shrapnig posted:

It won't be you, I've seen your resume.

In the spirit of indemnification and in my authority as OP, I will allow this burn but shall ask that all future burns towards myself (the aforementioned OP) be directed towards Chelsea Football Club. I thank Something Awful moderator Gigi Galli preemptively for enforcing this ruling in his normal draconian, some may say fascismo, fashion. The act of reading this post or posting beyond this point provides tacit agreement henceforth.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Here is an example:

what did one Chelsea fan say to the other when it was discovered that he frequently laid with his own sister? Nothing, because Chelsea fans do not view incest negatively.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Udinese and Granada will just loan them back again.

I thought there was an English limit on the amount of players you could field who were on loan from other clubs.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Brony Car posted:

I thought there was an English limit on the amount of players you could field who were on loan from other clubs.

Are the loan rules are a bit different between the Championship and the Premiership?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bea Nanner posted:

In the spirit of indemnification and in my authority as OP, I will allow this burn but shall ask that all future burns towards myself (the aforementioned OP) be directed towards Chelsea Football Club. I thank Something Awful moderator Gigi Galli preemptively for enforcing this ruling in his normal draconian, some may say fascismo, fashion. The act of reading this post or posting beyond this point provides tacit agreement henceforth.

didnt read

Brony Car posted:

I believe there is now, I was just making a joke on the worlds most troll free forums.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
Chelsea football club doesn't care about black people

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Think Drogba is gone?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Drogba, Mikel and Ramires are all out the door

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Watford don't get loans from other Pozzo clubs anymore the Football League closed that loophole, now they just transfer them in on permanent deals. Imo its highly likely they'll stay up, Prem TV money will ensure that the owners priortise Watford ahead of their other interests, they'd be stupid not to.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

I'd have a piece of that. You left out Cech.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

Watford don't get loans from other Pozzo clubs anymore the Football League closed that loophole, now they just transfer them in on permanent deals. Imo its highly likely they'll stay up, Prem TV money will ensure that the owners priortise Watford ahead of their other interests, they'd be stupid not to.

This, Granada are getting relegated and there's no money in mid table serie a, so the pozzos will focus on Watford as they will be making more money than the other two combined.

There's a decent scouting network behind the organisation that led to some good finds like Sanchez, Cuadrado and more although again I reckon it will come down to other teams being more poo poo than us for the most part.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

Udinese are not in good shape and Di Natale is not staying for another year so any promising striker they have is likely to move for a nominal fee, provided Sig.. Pozzo thinks that's a good idea. I wouldn't expect them to be decimated by any means, the Prem is such a money maker.

Blue Star Error posted:

Yeah, this really. Udinese don't really stand much of a chance in Italy without the fourth spot being open.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Gigi Galli posted:

Udinese are not in good shape and Di Natale is not staying for another year so any promising striker they have is likely to move for a nominal fee, provided Sig.. Pozzo thinks that's a good idea. I wouldn't expect them to be decimated by any means, the Prem is such a money maker.

Yeah, this really. Udinese don't really stand much of a chance in Italy without the fourth spot being open.

The Guardian podcast guys were saying the owners still view udinese as their top priority

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Real nice thread here Bea Nanner

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ayb posted:

The Guardian podcast guys were saying the owners still view udinese as their top priority

The money will change their minds, I think. Serie A has a good TV deal coming this year but they still wont be able to compete with the likes of Roma, Juve and Napoli while they still have multiple interests. Udinese has only avoided a relegation fight this year because of Di Natale's skill, and he's gone next year. Their scouting network will no doubt unearth some other incredible player for Uzbekistan or something, but it'll take a while to build them back up to their level of fighting for the CL every year like they were doing a few years ago.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I really hope that Newcastle go down. Having them get relegated after they were so ravenous to get rid of Pardew would just be delicious.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Merge the Serie A and PL and Giro d'Italia threads for month and see what kinds of sexy things happen.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

glad to see the back of this season tbh but I'm excited about bournemouth and watford in the next one.

THATCHER BRAINWASH
Mar 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
I am also looking forward to big sexy Bournemouth, big sexy Watford, and Hella big Sexy Norwich coming up and taking the barclays by storm.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

blue footed boobie posted:

I really hope that Newcastle go down. Having them get relegated after they were so ravenous to get rid of Pardew would just be delicious.
you're obsessed about us not wanting a manager that wasn't working for us and it's weird you want the universe to punish us for it :(

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

blue footed boobie posted:

this has been the worst season ever, but a newcastle relegation would redeem it

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing how hard and fast Newcastle fell apart, I mean I know the whole "playing in sandals" refrain at first, but Jesus H Christ, to not even chuck a draw in there for the last 6 match days

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Carver is extremely poo poo but like half the first team, mostly defenders, all got long injuries or suspensions pretty much as soon as the january transfer window closed.

Whatever happens Newcastle seriously need more coaches as well as a new manager.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Bogan Krkic posted:

Drogba, Mikel and Ramires are all out the door

I didn't expect that Chelsea's team would travel to their games by train

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I didn't expect that Chelsea's team would travel to their games by train

I get it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have the link to that site that had the points race for the PL as an animation? Is that still a thing?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Carver is extremely poo poo but like half the first team, mostly defenders, all got long injuries or suspensions pretty much as soon as the january transfer window closed.

Whatever happens Newcastle seriously need more coaches as well as a new manager.

I agree with those podt. Newcastle are.poo poo poo. Fire everyone into the sun and start al.pvet on my opinion

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Probably not, we own almost all of them now. Our most important loan player this season was from QPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/rio-ferdinand-wife-rebecca-ferdinand-2435616.aspx

:(

• Locked thread