Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
a lot of the hipsters from university are obsessed with radiohead and i find it strange since they try hard to be indie which is just lovely stripped down prog :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

TEAYCHES posted:

radiohead is cooler because they actually made a number of good albums, whereas tool did not make any good albums

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

radiohead are better yeah but aenima and lateralus own so hard. especially live.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

a lot of the hipsters from university are obsessed with radiohead and i find it strange since they try hard to be indie which is just lovely stripped down prog :smugdog:

its kinda cool then this has been true since about 1995.

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.
Tool made more of an impression on me as a kid so yeah tool.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Both Tool and Radiohead are kind of bad and not remarkable, unlike GWAR, which are neither of those things.

GWAR is cool and good.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Both Tool and Radiohead are kind of bad and not remarkable, unlike GWAR, which are neither of those things.

GWAR is cool and good.

lewl

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

GWAR is cool and good.

youre fat and have a beard

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Cubey posted:

rage against the machine own but lol @ the various publications who have named tom morello one of the best guitarists ever

maybe not best but he can make some cool tones with niche effect pedals

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lateralus and the bends are both good albums

aenima and ok computer are both great albums

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
kid a is fuckin good tho

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Neither are great but both have several good albums earlier in their career. But Tool put this mildly :nws: picture of a cow on their Undertow cd, hidden underneath the insert for the cd so they win.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Broken Machine posted:

But Tool put this mildly :nws: picture of a cow on their Undertow cd, hidden underneath the insert for the cd so they win.

Do they?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like OK Computer and Kid A. Never listened to a Tool album, though.

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
the only good song radiohead ever did was creep, so tool obviously

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

membranoid posted:

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

I remember this thread. Anyway Tool, possibly the best band ever. Radiohead, great band but haven't listened them since Hail to the Chief.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

that was their worst album by a long way imo. you should listen to amnesiac and the king of limbs (their best albums)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

opus111 posted:

that was their worst album by a long way imo. you should listen to amnesiac and the king of limbs (their best albums)

those are their boring albums

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

membranoid posted:

you're a real goon, in the bad way

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
okay computer is the last radiohead album that I really listened to. Kid A was good but it didn't catch my attention as much. Do they actually play guitar anymore or is it all just bleep bloops?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

those are their boring albums

lol

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

okay computer is the last radiohead album that I really listened to. Kid A was good but it didn't catch my attention as much. Do they actually play guitar anymore or is it all just bleep bloops?

oh man i just stumbled onto a radiohead message board circa 2002!

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
Danny Carey is one of the best drummers ever.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

in rainbows was good then they went back to bleep bloop

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

opus111 posted:

oh man i just stumbled onto a radiohead message board circa 2002!

so no?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

there are guitars in the composition but i wouldn't call them a guitar band, now.

they were a guitar band from 1993 - 2000 (7 years)

beeb boop from 2000 - now (15 years)

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Divine Styler posted:

Danny Carey is one of the best drummers ever.

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TEAYCHES posted:

in rainbows was good then they went back to bleep bloop

i'll check it out

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
they're both sort of comparable to pink floyd in that they're intellectual enough to appeal to critics and people with some sort of intellectual pretensions but still shallow enough to capture the attention of the masses. in truth they're both pretty overrated and if someone mentions either as one of their favourite bands it's generally a pretty good tip-off that they have mediocre to bad taste in music.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im generally ok with some bleep bloop, after all, anyone.. can play.... guitar

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

they're both sort of comparable to pink floyd in that they're intellectual enough to appeal to critics and people with some sort of intellectual pretensions but still shallow enough to capture the attention of the masses. in truth they're both pretty overrated and if someone mentions either as one of their favourite bands it's generally a pretty good tip-off that they have mediocre to bad taste in music.

this is such a dumbass 'tude. there is no 'bad' taste in music, its the most subjective thing ever. btw radiohead are my favourite band ever and i bet my tastes in music decimates yours.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

i'll check it out

seriously do its a really loving excellent album imo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

opus111 posted:

this is such a dumbass 'tude. there is no 'bad' taste in music, its the most subjective thing ever. btw radiohead are my favourite band ever and i bet my tastes in music decimates yours.

you're using decimates wrong

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
everyone but me has bad taste in music :colbert:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

spacemang_spliff posted:

everyone but me has bad taste in music :colbert:

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
Radiohead is better, but only slightly.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

TOOT BOOT posted:

you're using decimates wrong

hosed up but true

Chemtrail
Dec 29, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

hehe, what groups should I mention to impress people with my musical taste? going to a party this evening and want to impress some babes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chemtrail posted:

hehe, what groups should I mention to impress people with my musical taste? going to a party this evening and want to impress some babes

you probably havent heard of them

• Locked thread