Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
What kind of magic does he really have? He's going to die of a heart attack before AIDS. he's 55. :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0bcBgZebhE

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

money

the magic is money

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
have u guys heard of this show called south park

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Nefarious posted:

have u guys heard of this show called south park

Yeah but that episode was like 10 years ago. At this point it's really beyond understanding.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

probably has one of the weaker strains of hiv

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
he has the money of rich white real estate tycoon dan gilbert to keep him alive for centuries to come

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

5-HT posted:

probably has one of the weaker strains of hiv

the bitch hivs

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

magic johnson paid doctors to replace all of his blood with the air from basketballs slamma jamma lamma boo yaka shaka no more aids only dunks dunks dunks for days slam the swish 3 pointer

Told Two Times
Feb 13, 2014

by Smythe
Tamiflu and the similar compounds cure AIDS and other viruses.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

white people usually can only do layups and not dunks and are susceptible to aids connect the dots

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
drat, that means he'd been gay for at least 25 years!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of my friends in Boston has full blown AIDS that he got in the 80's from a blood transfusion. He's still kicking around today thanks to advancements in medicine.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

social vegan posted:

magic johnson paid doctors to replace all of his blood with the air from basketballs slamma jamma lamma boo yaka shaka no more aids only dunks dunks dunks for days slam the swish 3 pointer

this but unironically

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

they say when the moon is right you can sneak up on magic johnson and put one of those sports ball pump adaptors in his shoulder and inhale all of the hair out of magic johnson and with it his powers or instead while the air is rushing out you can lick ur finger and move it over the opening so it makes squealing sounds

magic johnson gonna look real funny deflated after too but that's just icing on the cake

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
drat, he is magical. He needs to be studied

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I don't care. I still wouldn't use that man's toilet if I had to poo poo. :colbert:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*a basketball rols around th erim a bunch but doesn't go in the hoop. somewhere, magic johnson's weiner suddenly stands erect while he shops for yams at whole foods*

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

The black male life expectancy when he contracted HIV was like 63 years old according to the US census.
He's rich and that skews things, of course.

But even if you're not rich, after a certain age (race and sex-dependent), if you're not doing risky drugs/sex then you are not living life to its fullest.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
with modern treatment the life expectancy of people with HIV is only like 5-10 years lower than normal

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Windows 98 posted:

What kind of magic does he really have? He's going to die of a heart attack before AIDS. he's 55. :drat:

lots and lots of money to buy drugs

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
it's really crazy how aids used to be a death sentence just a few years ago and now it's just a chronic condition

go back and watch philadelphia some time it doesn't hold up for poo poo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nefarious posted:

it's really crazy how aids used to be a death sentence just a few years ago and now it's just a chronic condition

it still holds up.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it still holds up.

i guess i worded that wrong. it holds up, but the attitudes about aids and homosexuality feel incredibly antiquated even though that's how it was

"andy brought aids into our mens room."

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nefarious posted:

i guess i worded that wrong. it holds up, but the attitudes about aids and homosexuality feel incredibly antiquated even though that's how it was

"andy brought aids into our mens room."

sadly there are still people who believe that.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
one of the few instances where southpark is factually correct. the cure for aids is direct injection of millions of dollars into ur bloodstream.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nathilus posted:

one of the few instances where southpark is factually correct. the cure for aids is direct injection of millions of dollars into ur bloodstream.

Even that isn't actually a cure.

Bokito
Jul 25, 2007
Going Ape

Nefarious posted:

Maybe in the western world, but in the third world people are still dropping like flies from AIDS due to lack of medication and lack of proper education. There are countries in Afrika that have HIV infection rates close to 25% of the population (Botswana for example).

Bokito fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 2, 2015

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nobody watches movies like Philedalphia or Milk more than once, because those are important, but very tough, movies that you feel you have to watch once, but never more than once.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bokito posted:

Maybe in the western world, but in the third world people are still dropping like flies from AIDS. There are countries in Afrika that have HIV infection rates close to 25% of the population (Botswana for example).

and like america in the 80s they blame it on the gays.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Bokito posted:

Maybe in the western world, but in the third world people are still dropping like flies from AIDS. There are countries in Afrika that have HIV infection rates close to 25% of the population (Botswana for example).

yeah people still die of the malaria and the flu too congrats on missing the point retard

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Even that isn't actually a cure.

true that, but if treatment can guarantee a life without immune collapse its drat close to a cure. my dad is on the other side of the bright line, where they can control the disease, cancer in his case, for a significant period of time but it or the methods of control will end up killing him. Of course his treatment ALSO involves direct money injections. Large ones. Thank christ he and my mom have deece insurance because they're only middle class and would in no way be able to afford this poo poo. I'm guessing they've easily blown through 5 mil in his treatment so far. A dollar doesn't go very far when ground up for injection serum.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Nefarious posted:

Philadelphia is 22 years old, the effective HIV drugs came out in 1996

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nathilus posted:

true that, but if treatment can guarantee a life without immune collapse its drat close to a cure. my dad is on the other side of the bright line, where they can control the disease, cancer in his case, for a significant period of time but it or the methods of control will end up killing him. Of course his treatment ALSO involves direct money injections. Large ones. Thank christ he and my mom have deece insurance because they're only middle class and would in no way be able to afford this poo poo. I'm guessing they've easily blown through 5 mil in his treatment so far. A dollar doesn't go very far when ground up for injection serum.

American healthcare is pathetic. It really breaks my heart.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MaxxBot posted:

that is a sin!

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

MaxxBot posted:

okay?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
andy brought aids into our mens room

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
to our god drat company picnic!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nefarious posted:

to our god drat company picnic!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

American healthcare is pathetic. It really breaks my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
walker told me i have aids

• Locked thread