Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im a hipster and a millenial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
Shame that Hodgson is such a douchebag.

I bet the millenials don't even get the waitress as the statue of liberty *sips caramel macchiato*

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Flo Cytometer posted:

You're bloody well right.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp

JnnyThndrs posted:

You're bloody well right.

Give a little bit of your post to me. I'll give a little bit of my thread to you. :h:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
so rare to see a good opinion in GBS

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Flo Cytometer posted:

I bet the millenials don't even get the waitress as the statue of liberty *sips caramel macchiato*

You'll note that every single link in this thread is dead except for those saying "(song) written by Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp which was only good because of Roger Hodgson" even if he didn't actually write the song. That is because he is a litigious, petty, shithead completely out of touch with today. He has an army of 'lawyers' combing the internet for any unauthorized reproductions of Supertramp songs that aren't either a)him playing live or b)have titles using the arcane Hodgson is responsible for anything good in Supertramp formula. The average lifespan of a video not following those two criteria is about 12 hours before getting pulled.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I was listening to this song the other day and it made me wonder what it was with the 70s and "leaving town drifter rock"

like there's a bunch of songs that are basically some guy saying goodbye before leaving to parts unknown

What was with you, the 70s

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Bokito posted:

they were clearly prophets:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I remember hearing the crisp acoustic guitar of Give a Little Bit on new Bose speakers in a dorm room in the winter of '93

:coffeepal:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

hosed up if true

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bokito posted:

they were clearly prophets:

take a jumbo, cross the water, crash into the world trade

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Crime of the Century is an album so good, when they made a greatest hits CD, they put all but one song from there on it. It was basically "Crime of the Century+some other stuff we made that's pretty good"

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
The obligatory rush hour hit still!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaTvT99sDA

So wat, Hodgeson's back in & writing?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
also stumbled onto this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpvpbX70wrE

ruperts rumbled yet?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

exspurt analcyst posted:

The obligatory rush hour hit still!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfaTvT99sDA

So wat, Hodgeson's back in & writing?

OP tricked me into believing that Hodgson and Davies made up.
Almost voted 1 but I can't hate you because you like Supertramp.

Also, there is a large portion of my brain whose sole purpose is keeping every note of every woodwind solo from every Supertramp song queued and ready.
These sectors of brain space can never be overwritten or deprioritized.

Meanwhile, my car keys have been missing for two weeks.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

TEAYCHES posted:

Supertramp is back

in pog form

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Years ago a friend suggested a punk/ska band doing nothing but supertramp covers. Now it's all I can think of when I hear supertramp. I like their stuff just fine but my brain always screams "this would be so much better 2x as fast and with horns!"

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Years ago a friend suggested a punk/ska band doing nothing but supertramp covers. Now it's all I can think of when I hear supertramp. I like their stuff just fine but my brain always screams "this would be so much better 2x as fast and with horns!"

You should see a medical professional about that.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Saw Roger Hodgson a couple years ago. Still quite good. However he opened the set with Long Way Home, which I found odd.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I just read a book about Alexander Supertramp. He was an rear end in a top hat, good riddance fucker.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm glad he's dead.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Supertramp owns

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

ghlbtsk posted:

OP tricked me into believing that Hodgson and Davies made up.

Same. :smith:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

TEAYCHES posted:

now some they do and some they dont
and some you just cant tell

and some they will and some they wont
and some its just as well

you can laugh at my behavior
thatll never bother me
say the devil is my savior
but i donīt pay no heed

and i will go on shining
shining like brand new
ill never look behind me
my troubles will be few

gently caress like every three months this gets hardcore stuck in my head, such a great song.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
This thread is sure Reelin' In The Years, am I right about this, fellow Trampheads?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Scaramouche posted:

You'll note that every single link in this thread is dead except for those saying "(song) written by Roger Hodgson formerly of Supertramp which was only good because of Roger Hodgson" even if he didn't actually write the song. That is because he is a litigious, petty, shithead completely out of touch with today. He has an army of 'lawyers' combing the internet for any unauthorized reproductions of Supertramp songs that aren't either a)him playing live or b)have titles using the arcane Hodgson is responsible for anything good in Supertramp formula. The average lifespan of a video not following those two criteria is about 12 hours before getting pulled.

To be fair to Hodgson, Davies tours with his version of Supertramp which should be difficult because Hodgson wrote most of the big hits. He asked Davies not to play the songs he wrote, but Davies just goes ahead and plays them anyway. That was probably the catalyst for Hodgson's current copyright paranoia.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

mysterious frankie posted:

This thread is sure Reelin' In The Years, am I right about this, fellow Trampheads?

:buddy:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Flo Cytometer posted:

What's the story with this?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Supertramp owns

OOOOOOOOOOOOOWNS!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yeah i didnt even know the two supertramp guys hated eachother i just like the music

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

yeah i didnt even know the two supertramp guys hated eachother i just like the music

same

Whatup, fellow music lover?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Was hoping this thread was about whores with cool tattoos on their Lower back

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Top City Homo posted:

Was hoping this thread was about whores with cool tattoos on their Lower back

feel free to move forward with this new paradigm

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

TEAYCHES posted:

~*~loving amazing guitar solo~*~

yep this thread is ok

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
There are not many songs that make me angry, but this one makes me seethe with rage every time i hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxTa1AUqps

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Supertramp is very good. if you do not like them you are not good.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

monkey posted:

There are not many songs that make me angry, but this one makes me seethe with rage every time i hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxTa1AUqps

Here I am listening to Happy Hardcore in the year of our lord 2015. Okay.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

ghlbtsk posted:

To be fair to Hodgson, Davies tours with his version of Supertramp which should be difficult because Hodgson wrote most of the big hits. He asked Davies not to play the songs he wrote, but Davies just goes ahead and plays them anyway. That was probably the catalyst for Hodgson's current copyright paranoia.

that didn't stop Pink Floyd from playing all of Roger Waters' songs after he hosed off after The Final Cut.

I prefer Davies' voice to Hodgson's so whatever :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

supertramp owns

• Locked thread