Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

VendaGoat posted:

While Widow watches and masturbates.

that's not canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nefarious posted:

that's not canon

Don't comic-shame

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

lol if you went into a movie made from a comic book expect any sort of coherent plot, pacing, or other literary things that people with real degrees don't care about

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord

Business Gorillas posted:

lol if you went into a movie made from a comic book expect any sort of coherent plot, pacing, or other literary things that people with real degrees don't care about

we should go see it together and argue about hulks pants throughout the showing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

carrion kit posted:

we should go see it together and argue about hulks pants throughout the showing

In reality the transformation would cause his pants and boxers to be destroyed.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Khanstant posted:

Didn't he appear at the end of guardians? I thought this movie was literally about them fighting thanos.

No poo poo right, theyre just gonna keep putting thanos at the end of movies for ever but no movie will ever have anything to do with thanos

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Avengers 2 was alright.

Marvel has really lousy after credits scenes. It's funny that Thanos was in the after credits scene for Avengers 1 and 2, and the audience reactions both times was "who is this guy and why did I even stay for this scene." Same with the Howard the Duck after credits scene for Guardians.

Archer666 posted:

Quicksilver was done better in the X-Men movies. Should tell you all you need to know about the Avengers

True. The X-Men Quicksilver stole the show despite having a ridiculous outfit. Avengers Quicksilver wasn't bad, though.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
My sister thought Thanos was Hellboy, so I just ran with it and was like, "yep, pretty cool huh?"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I would like x-men quicksilver to be in avaginas 3 and everyone would be like "hey didnt you die?"

and hed be like "nope"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
so what is it exactly that the avengers are avenging? they seem more like defenders to me - has anyone brought this up with joss yet?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
The next film will be one long panning shot over all the heroes in an action pose then they just setup the next film in a two minute post screen

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Mozi posted:

so what is it exactly that the avengers are avenging? they seem more like defenders to me - has anyone brought this up with joss yet?

Nah in the first one Ironman says something like, "We're the Avengers because if we can't defend earth we'll drat sure avenge it" but then they defend it.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Remember when Thor was in Cabin in the Woods and took his top off? Good times.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
He does that again in Avengers 2. I'm not even gay but... Hemsworth :swoon:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
When Betty would touch Banner in the Incredible Hulk he'd get aroused and start turning into the Hulk. When Black widows touches him he shrinks like frightened cock!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Kuato posted:

Came out of 10+ years of lurking to say i would like to put my penis into scarlet witches vagina. FYI
my god kuato i havent seen you in 10 years how have you been

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

burritolingus posted:

Avengers Quicksilver wasn't bad, though.
ve are going to support obviously evil robot avter supporting obvious nazi ovvshoot group to get revenge on devense contractor and havent put any thought into vhat vere supporting vill do beyond that
oh no supporting obvious villains leads to even vorse things happening this vas unforseeable

they should have had them all strung out and insane like they seemed to be in the teaser where they were in the glass cells

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

When Betty would touch Banner in the Incredible Hulk he'd get aroused and start turning into the Hulk. When Black widows touches him he shrinks like frightened cock!

Marvel decided to forget the Incredible Hulk though, like that movie never happened as far as they are concerned.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

yo to the guys trashing x-men i mostly agree but days of future past is a pretty good movie.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

too bad quicksilver and wanda werent banging every moment they were on screen i need my canon to be accurate

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I've liked most of the marvel movies recently... but they've absolutely raped spiderman.

I mean how can they keep calling him "spiderman" when they refuse to move the story past his teenage high school years? the last 2 movies.... electro played by jamie foxx and the lizard are his enemies? I thought that was a loving joke, why would they make electro the main enemy in a movie lol.

There's going to be another reboot, and of course he's still going to be in high school, in fact some people want spiderman to be EVEN YOUNGER. the whole thing makes me sick, the deal that sony and disney worked out is retarded, they're just going to keep ruining spiderman until finally everyone on earth hates him.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Spiderman's just going to keep getting younger and younger until he's a baby pooping web into his diaper for 2 hours and 45 minutes

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

wow, this is a defining moment in my life

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dead Gay Romans posted:

lol how loving stupid do you have to be to get "super excited" about this awful garbage.

this is almost exactly what I thought to myself when I saw one of them go 'super stoked to see this!' in the group chat and a bunch of them agreeing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spider-Man and Fantastic Four are two comic books that I don't want to see movies of anymore. They keep bombing real hard and so its obvious you just can't make good films with those. Although the new Fantastic Four does look interesting, so maybe that one deserves a chance.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Actually, not only do we see Thor with no shirt on, we see him all wet and bothered and swinging his long wet hair around.

The fact Widow did not also do this is sexist, I demand they repair this immediately

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

this is almost exactly what I thought to myself when I saw one of them go 'super stoked to see this!' in the group chat and a bunch of them agreeing

lol you sound like so much fun chill out goonbroni

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bananaquiter posted:

Quicksilver is not the self sacrificing type so this is totally what should have happened.

Funniest thing: Giant indestructible robot that has an army and can shoot lasers out of his face, can't kill poo poo

Said robots gets in a lovely dinky plane that the heroes owned but didn't use, wrecks their poo poo

Conclusion: The Avengers should have just flown around in their plane shooting everyone.

I said come in! posted:

Spider-Man and Fantastic Four are two comic books that I don't want to see movies of anymore. They keep bombing real hard and so its obvious you just can't make good films with those. Although the new Fantastic Four does look interesting, so maybe that one deserves a chance.

It looks like poo poo. Unironic, literal poo poo. Worse than the originals and that's saying a lot since they also sucked nuts.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I am legitimately curious as to how they will handle villains such as Thanos and Apocalypse in these movies. At one point Thanos literally destroys the universe, how do you create a movie with a villain that powerful? I think their handling if the issues that go along with such powerful characters will be very interesting and likely very fun to watch.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Why didn't the Falcon help with fighting the Ultrons? Everybody else did.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

too many blacks onscreen

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.
People still watch comics book movies? Jesus

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tiberius Christ posted:

lol you sound like so much fun chill out goonbroni

hey I didn't say anything to them I just kind of mentally rolled my eyes and thought 'why are you so excited for garbage' and then asked what time they wanted to go

lotta people in the group chat that aren't necessarily my friend but are friends of a friend. like we know each other and we're on good terms but we wouldn't hang out just us you know?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

yo to the guys trashing x-men i mostly agree but days of future past is a pretty good movie.

First Class was good, too, as was X2. So if you don't count the Wolverine movies, we've got two bad ones and like three good ones. Not a bad ratio.

I said come in! posted:

The next Spiderman will probably be alright. Hopefully they skip over the whole "bitten by radioactive spider, uncle dies" part that everyone knows and has seen, or just cover it very briefly. And hopefully they bring JJ Jameson back in and have the same guy do it.

a bone to pick posted:

I've liked most of the marvel movies recently... but they've absolutely raped spiderman.

I mean how can they keep calling him "spiderman" when they refuse to move the story past his teenage high school years? the last 2 movies.... electro played by jamie foxx and the lizard are his enemies? I thought that was a loving joke, why would they make electro the main enemy in a movie lol.

There's going to be another reboot, and of course he's still going to be in high school, in fact some people want spiderman to be EVEN YOUNGER. the whole thing makes me sick, the deal that sony and disney worked out is retarded, they're just going to keep ruining spiderman until finally everyone on earth hates him.

boom boom boom posted:

Why didn't the Falcon help with fighting the Ultrons? Everybody else did.

Yeah, I wondered about this, especially since he appears in the beginning and at the end, and they had Warmachine in there. Maybe they cut him for time or something, or just forgot.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

these marvel movies are wearing thin, with me

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
new avengers are

black guy with a wingsuit he stole,
black guy with an old iron man suit he stole,

girl with magic powers,
and ultra powerful android made of the strongest material on earth designed as the successor of the machine which was the successor of tony starks most advanced suit designs imbued with a gem containing the power of an entire universe

this is slightly lopsided

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

gary oldmans diary posted:

new avengers are

girl with magic powers,
and ultra powerful android made of the strongest material on earth designed as the successor of the machine which was the successor of tony starks most advanced suit designs imbued with a gem containing the power of an entire universe

The android is white too.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

new avengers are

girl with magic powers,

Old team was girl who can do flips and kicks, guy who is good with a bow, guy who is slightly stronger than your average dude, guy in a robot suit, Hulk, and a god.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh and don't forget black widow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
you put thor further to the end than banner/hulk as if hes a real god

VendaGoat posted:

Oh and don't forget black widow
in light of the new team composition shes decided to just call herself widow from now on

• Locked thread