Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

gary oldmans diary posted:

you put thor further to the end than banner/hulk as if hes a real god
in light of the new team composition shes decided to just call herself widow from now on

True, Hulk beats gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWqGNITWIEc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I like the idea of movies starring very powerful characters, because the more agency a character has, the more critical you can be of their decisions. It makes them interesting, puts them in a position where they can and will be judged by the audience, contrasted against, for example, Frodo Baggins, whose options are "run from orcs" or "die". You can't really say anything negative about Frodo, since he doesn't have any options. He's being strung along. However, somehow this has translated to "punchy mans, hurrah!" and then any criticism of their punchy man MO will come from flaccid cracked.com clickbait two years down the line.

choprite
Sep 29, 2007
just about as retarded as you'd think

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

This is drawn really badly.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

This is drawn really badly.

:agreed:

Comics art is really goddamn hard because of time deadlines, which is why so many artists default to vague backgrounds and reusing the same body-type and face for as many characters as they can get away with, and even the greats poo poo the bed at times with awful anatomy or being inked/colored really badly. Bagley did do better than that on this title though, and he drew it for like 12 straight years which is a seriously impressive commitment for any artist.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
does the new avengers movie have lots of cgi in it?

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

no they made a real hulk

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

In avengers 3 they should hire the close up chick with the bouncy rack from when the city was flying away

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Nefarious posted:

no they made a real hulk

Hahaha

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Yeah but it's integrated pretty well IMO.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

pro click

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wonder why people care about comic book spoilers when there is never any permanency to any plot development ever

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Relin posted:

i wonder why people care about comic book spoilers when there is never any permanency to any plot development ever

I dunno, is Storm still married to black panther or whatever?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Relin posted:

It's more about what the specific kinds of interplay are and how what happens is going to affect that dynamic. No one in their right mind goes in because they seriously think Ultron or Loki or Thanos or a grilled cheese sandwich is going to prove an insurmountable obstacle, or even that any characters that die are going to stay dead. They go to see the characters bounce off of each other in varying sets of circumstances and spoiling the circumstances can spoil the kinds of bouncing that is going to happen.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I dunno, is Storm still married to black panther or whatever?

Not for like 5 years at least.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The next Avengers will feature a time traveler who's best friend is a talking pie.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The next Avengers will feature a time traveler who's best friend is a talking pie.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Use spoiler tags for pictures, please

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

Still no scar jo tits

However, there was a Hide the Zucchini comment.

lol what

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Season 4 of Arrested Development was poo poo but the one really good joke was Ron Howard being 110% honest that he only made the Da Vinci Code movie for a massive paycheck.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hulks penis is green :ssh:

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
im so glad im not a loving comic book nerd so that i can properly enjoy these movies

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Can we at least agree that Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier were very good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

etalian posted:

Can we at least agree that Guardians of the Galaxy and Winter Soldier were very good.

Go to CineD and say that. See how far it gets you.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

gary oldmans diary posted:

hulks penis is green :ssh:

no i meant when was it commented on in the movie lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

no i meant when was it commented on in the movie lol

It's not like I noted the time. It was said.

Dude...dudette, the gently caress, really?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

etalian posted:

I sincerely agree.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

It's not like I noted the time. It was said.

Dude...dudette, the gently caress, really?

I need to loving KNOW if they mentioned the hulks cock in the loving MOVIE

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

etalian posted:

Are they good compared to other super people movies or do they hold their own to actual good movies?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

I need to loving KNOW if they mentioned the hulks cock in the loving MOVIE

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Are they good compared to other super people movies or do they hold their own to actual good movies?

winter soldier is basically a james bond movie and guardians of the galaxy is a comedy, so they end up being good instead of weird ensemble action set pieces

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

getting there...

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I assume this thread is spoilers for a children's movie?

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Avengers 3 and 4 should just be Thor and Thanos throwing energy blasts and kamehamehas and Spirit Bombs and poo poo at each other while planets explode like the loving Goku.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

So are there like 5 movies for every character in the Avengers or is that just for the swarthy Iron Man dude?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
comic book movies suck rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

comic book movies suck rear end

• Locked thread