Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I like that, as shown in the crayon drawing on the fridge, Aiden went with the trench coat and ball cap for his uncle appearances even before he was a revenge-driven man-on-the-edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I watched a friend stream some of W_D with a mod that replaces Aiden's model with the nephew's. This cutscene featuring child-Aiden made the "You're exactly what I expected" line a goddamn killer.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I thought that maybe the sirens after the second privacy invasion were not just coincidence but actually Aiden calling 911 for what sounded like a suicide attempt, but if it was intended the game presumably would've pointed it out. Why not have the privacy invasions actually be a chance for Aiden to help/be a jerk to people? It would make sense for him to be the one sending the first guy hello.jpg or whatever at the end of the first invasion.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

They mentioned in one of the Saints Row dev build streams with Chip that in Germany they had to make it so that the cops in SR3 go nuts on you at the slightest provocation and escalate very quickly. I'd kind of like to have that as a toggle in the regular version just for the challenge.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Dishonored changed some of the level aesthetics depending on your chaos level, at least in the final mission. I'm not sure how deep it's system actually was. It isn't all that realistic for killing people to change the weather, but I liked it.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Dude, mention there's also Chinese hopping vampires. Dead-serious Chinese hopping vampires. I love those guys, they're the best.

It actually changed enemy numbers and such based on how violent and murderous you were... which was nice, because it was the game saying "Oh, you want to kill guys? Here's some more guys to kill!" It was a nice little mechanical thing, changing to suit your play style.

The original question was "reputation meters that do more then change enemy spawns", so I left those out, but yes. The most memorable part of my no kills vs. bunch of kills run was finding the sewer full of plague zombies replaced with a friendly refugee camp.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

General Ironicus posted:

So I heard you wanted to Watch_Some_Dogs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8mbR7hOBUU

CtOS needed a lot of teaching before it actually saw the people of Chicago as human. "Crime in progress! Perpetrator is a constantly shifting pile of dogs."

Watch_Dogs_2.0 needs to use this instead of the data moshing for cutscenes.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

People keep giving Aiden poo poo for being a murderer or a scumbag or a war criminal, but you have to understand that he's on a mission of revenge! The world calls for cyber crimes, and also some regular crimes, and he answers. No greater good, no just cause. Whoever this game's antagonist is, they sent him to hell, but he's going even deeper.

From the Merlaut, one FOX was born

PublicOpinion fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 3, 2015

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Chip tweeted a while back that he's already planning on how to best present Ground Zeroes. I know he was planning on including it as part of the eventual MGSV LP, but I hope he gets to it in the MGS revisit streams.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

FinalGamer posted:

jesus it took you long enough...also what was the deal with that guy whose friend was asking for TP, that first home invasion you did in the vid?

Person on the other end of the phone had run out of toilet paper, so was texting friend in the same building to bring them some and save them from uncleanliness.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

"Frequent online searches 187"

oh come the gently caress on

It's rough when everyone uses jargon at your workplace and you just have to nod along while trying to surreptitiously google terms on your phone.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

It seemed pretty obvious that the game hated everyone and the player in particular and the devs were probably happy to have someone get it and engage in mutual animosity with the game. And while I never played Drakengard, it put Cavia on my radar so that when I heard that Nier was a sequel to Drakengard's batshit final ending with gameplay that wasn't awful I had to go and get it.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Bedbug has got to know Iraq wanted him dead, right? Or was he supposed to be assuming Rabbit was lying?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

In Ride to Hell: Retribution, when confronted with an electric fence, the protagonist's impulse is to steal a truck, drive it all the way up to the power plant, blow up the power plant, and then head back to the now powerless electric fence. In comparison to Aiden's route to getting to that IP address, Ride to Hell guy's solution to a barrier is simple and elegant.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I kind of hope the game ends like SR1 and Clara kills you with a bomb for the betterment of Chicago.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I'm looking forward to The Fight. Motion control stuff can make for pretty funny jankiness.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I heard that the PS4 version of MGSV didn't have custom soundtrack support because the PS4 has Spotify, I assumed that meant that you could listen to Spotify somehow in game. Was that the case, or did they just lose out on the ability to have custom music with no substitute?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Track down Kenney to decript the file that was on the server at the end of the IP address that was a lead on the Merlaut incident found by Damien who kidnapped the sister who swallowed the fly. I guess she'll die.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

There was that fish that ate the uncle's wedding ring that was sort of boss-esque, but it was awful and I think Chip chopped huge chunks of time from the segment.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I can't remember, did Act 2 end when Bedbug went out the window, or are we still in Act 2?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

So, it makes sense to me that Damien would kidnap the sister in order to force Aiden to do his revenge-related legwork. It also makes sense, as a separate event, that Damien would throw Aiden under the bus in order to get himself on the CtOS team so he could live the nefarious Big Brother high-life. What I don't get is why he attempts to both at once? He knew that we needed Kenney to decrypt the data that we spent a whole act chasing, right? And why did it seem like Aiden was still going to trade the data for his sister when Damien seems to have pretty clearly trashed that whole deal? Did I miss something?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I can't recall, was Jackson in the car too or was it just the fact that his sister died that muted him?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

For those who haven't played it: Saints Row 2 is probably one of the best open world titles period, with a trio of storylines you can follow at any time until endgame, a bazillion activities that are just there to blow off steam or be silly, a huge city divided into distinct areas (with an amazing touch: a massive underground mall you could shop at a lot of), and one of the worst PC ports in recent memory.

It also had really good DLC that never came to PC either. God, I wish they'd do a remaster/re-port of it.

I know I'd pay a high price for SR2HD. Especially if they somehow kept all the clothing layers. Losing that was a real tragedy in the move to 3/4.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Samizdata posted:

So, any news on whether or not C+I will be so kind as to show us the DLC?

Just going by tweets about how much longer the LP is going to last, I'm thinking "no." On the one hand, that's a shame since apparently the DLC is actually good, but on the other hand I'm about Watch_Dogged out and am hype for whatever the next thing is.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

God drat, that was a mess.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

The one thing that I really do enjoy about the game, whether it's intentional or not, is that Aiden will uncaringly just go straight to looking at his phone after killing someone.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Samovar posted:

I suppose another thing which doesn't help in trying to keep track of what the plot of this game was is that nobody really loving cares in the first place.

It's also been like 8 months since the start of the LP. Playing it by yourself over the course of a handful of sessions it'd be a lot easier to keep track of the little things rather than thirty minutes a week where the audiologs play second fiddle to Chicago facts and physics bugs.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Chip tweeted on the 20th that the last update was nearly ready. I imagine the last few days he's been busy with the PSP prototype SR thing.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I had the bad(?) luck for the old ZOE LP to go away right after I watched the first episode and hadn't gotten to the rest, so I'm looking forward to seeing it anew with Chip's modern LP techniques. The editing and presentation was amazing all throughout this LP; it's no wonder how he got his job.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

From his Twitter I got the impression he has the ZOE footage recorded, is starting to record ZOE2, and is editing the next drink MGS History.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

TwoPair posted:

This is way more important to me than ZOE, personally

The three-day weekend brings good news for you:
http://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/698608820373823488

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Has anyone ever said this before: (in british accent) Mates, mo' like ARSE-enal Gear :lol: :owned:

The area names of arsenal gear literally progress through the guts and wind up at the rectum. I think Kojima beat everyone to that joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

That was a heck of a video.

• Locked thread