Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

It's been a bit over 3 months since I finalized my order to replace my 2014 Viper SRT. Between the rod bearing failure, the incorrectly installed clutch and the electrical problems there was no argument from Chrysler over replacing the car. I could have taken a refund, but what fun would that be when I had the opportunity to cut the line for a TA 2.0 at such a massive discount?

Supposedly all these new cars have the fixes in place for the problems that plagued the first run. The black car was assembled in September of 2013 and sat for a full year, whereas this car finished production just a couple weeks ago. I hope that means that this, being the fourth American car I have owned, will finally be somewhat reliable. I'll be carefully breaking it in the first 500 miles, and do a precautionary oil change as well.

But a better, longer break-in is a road trip. A good friend of mine and I are taking it out southwest - Mojave, Vegas, some route 66 stuff and some national parks. Like the other car I will be putting on plenty of miles, but I'm also moving to a better, walkable town where I'll be able to garage the car until I really drive it, rather than use it as a DD. I've already scheduled track days at Sonoma and Laguna Seca next month.

I will upload pictures when I get home, but for now - I bought this shirt and plan to wear it with pride:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
You're crazy, but the good kind of crazy.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Das Volk posted:

I hope that means that this, being the fourth American car I have owned, will finally be somewhat reliable.

Also, waiting for those pics :f5:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
They broke my watch! (Really, I just clobbered it and put a nice big scratch on the plastic "crystal". :sigh:)

I'd also like to take the opportunity to point out that I have 40+ year old British Leyland stuff that has caused me fewer mechnical headaches than your new-car history. You should call up Freiburger & Finnegan and promise them an opportunity to film the only episode that will be typical Roadkill, just with a delivery-mileage car.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
If you blow it up, you truly are a German car spy.

But Dodge really did go out of their way to make it right. That alone says a million words.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Keep me out of this dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I can't wait to see this T/A.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

cursedshitbox posted:

Keep me out of this dude.

Keep yourself out of him.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fucknag posted:

Keep yourself out of him.

I can not change what turns me on. I dig a big broken 10 wrapped in crazy.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I was always told freeway cruising (and steady state driving in general) was bad for break in.

Either way, this is epic!

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
This blue color is a sight to behold :swoon:

I tried a couple different exposures.

Wow what a machine. Looks like the interior's pretty similar, oh hey it's got a numbered badge!

:ughh:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You can't possibly be superstitious, could you be? :q:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Das Volk posted:

Wow what a machine. Looks like the interior's pretty similar, oh hey it's got a numbered badge!

:ughh:

For gently caress's sake, man.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I laughed out loud

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:haw:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Of course. Of loving course.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gold Jerry, Gold

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:ghost:

I'd be sitting in there making 'vroom vroom' noises.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Blue makes it look too much like a Jag and not enough hell and fury coming to consume all the first born in a vehicle body.

quote:

For gently caress's sake, man.

On the other hand, that's priceless :D

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

*click*

Seriously though superstition is stupid and that's an awesome looking car. Hope they did actually fix the problems.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha holy poo poo.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

wolrah posted:

*click*

Seriously though superstition is stupid and that's an awesome looking car. Hope they did actually fix the problems.

Normally I'd agree, but have you seen this guy's car history?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hahaha amazing.
Also French racing blue is the best colour. That thing looks excellent.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Enourmo posted:

Normally I'd agree, but have you seen this guy's car history?

Of course, why else would I subscribe? It's gonna be good one way or another.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I can't stop laughing. There's no way that was pure chance - you asked for that, didn't you?

Also the car is gorgeous, nice choice for the color.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bape Culture posted:

Hahaha amazing.
Also French racing blue is the best colour. That thing looks excellent.

Wait, French?

So, your history, it's number 13, and it's French blue? This thing is totally going to explode. Or be run over by an X5.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Oh, I'd trash that front aero on a kerb or access ramp in the first week.

Certainly looks good, though. Do you have to run a front plate where you are?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

InitialDave posted:

Oh, I'd trash that front aero on a kerb or access ramp in the first week.

Certainly looks good, though. Do you have to run a front plate where you are?

Legally required, yes, but I won't and haven't for many years. The aero bits sit at the same height as the black car, so they'll probably get beat up, but those have survived remarkably well. I'm considering removing them unless the car goes on the track, but I'll have to see how difficult it is and whether it looks too weird or not.

The good news with this car is all the poo poo I didn't like about the black car is fixed in it - the suspension is Bilstein Damptronic, the brakes are Brembo 2-piece rotors with aggressive pads, and the stereo is now Harman/Kardon. Once it's broken in I'll put it on the dyno and see how it differs from the old car.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Maybe if you pile enough bad luck on, it'll wrap back around to good luck.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Get a vanity plate that says LUCKY13

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

leica posted:

Get a vanity plate that says LUCKY13

There really isn't another option at this point.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Elmnt80 posted:

There really isn't another option at this point.

Hah I checked that as soon as I got home, it was taken.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Problem with picking 13THSTP is most people will assume An APC reference in the bay area.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Problem with picking 13THSTP is most people will assume An APC reference in the bay area.

:confused:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

13th step.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Das Volk posted:

Legally required, yes, but I won't and haven't for many years.

http://www.hidetheplate.com/

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Shall we just say getting intimately involved with broken things given your track record :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

A Perfect Circle album name. Though I don't really see it as a bad thing :v:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.

DICKPOCALYPSE NOW posted:

Shall we just say getting intimately involved with broken things given your track record :v:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
If this doesn't pan out you need to look into Italian cars if you're going to find something less reliable

• Locked thread