Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ops a pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The sounds of human interaction disturb OP.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
It is the same all over the world. Some bars are loud, some aren't.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Bars that have outdoor areas are usually reasonably quiet if you're in the outdoor area.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hello I am a scientist and I have to say that your experiment on the loudness of American bars could use a larger data set.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr. Hand posted:

last time I attempted to go to bars was in 2009

lol

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
The best bar I've been to was some random sports bar in Donguan China. I saw the biggest rat in my life, but it was loving quiet enough to hear each other. I just made sure to get bottles.

Dead Gay Romans posted:

You do not talk politics in America, because we are a broken nation full of assholes.

It's almost as if people want to relax and enjoy themselves and not reenact 8th grade debate team with you.:iiam:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

Harveygod posted:

The best bar I've been to was some random sports bar in Donguan China. I saw the biggest rat in my life, but it was loving quiet enough to hear each other. I just made sure to get bottles.

It's almost as if people want to relax and enjoy themselves and not reenact 8th grade debate team with you.:iiam:

let me tell you about that loving terrorist in the white house

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

a thing someone in this thread wants to hear at a bar

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Over the music a goon shouts "have you seen my thread on the merits of digital marxism?"

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
OP what you need to do is find a random dude with friends, then go up to him and start poo poo and then you like, put your chest against his and then when hes not expecting it headbutt him right in the nose and then run away before his friends can stomp the poo poo out of you

this is the true american bar experience that far too few know of

EDIT: if the friends catch you just whip out your switchblade and begin stabbing wildly

Pitdragon fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 3, 2015

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
there's a yuppie bar in downtown nyc where they kick you out for talking to loudly. also, none of the drinks are less than like 8 bux, and that includes beers. it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
I walked into a bar in rural southern Germany once and all the patrons were singing and clanking steins together. The actual scene before me collided with my mental image of Germans and it left me permanently scared, the recovery was long and difficult.

• Locked thread