Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Dodadoodoo posted:

Every gif involving that Vince clip is amazing. Does anyone have a link to the original?

Here's the one I used to make that gif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Yea that's the well known version but at this point I don't even remember where the stuff with Vince originally took place.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

goc posted:

Yea that's the well known version but at this point I don't even remember where the stuff with Vince originally took place.
I was curious after seeing it (for the millionth time) too, apparently it was from stuff with Stacy Kiebler:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI1DcUuBy5k

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah she is teasing him like a bad boy in the ring, it's pretty awesome

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

Sure but there's also a lot more to being a good corner than just being big and smaller highly skilled guys are getting undervalued because everyone wants to copy the Seahawks and they don't fit that mold.

Golson went up against bigger guys in the SEC all the time. The NFL is a step up in terms of how skilled those guys are and I'm sure he'll lose some jump balls here and there, but he can make up for it in other ways. He's talented and athletic enough to find a place in the league.

Just like E.J. Gaines :colbert:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Really liking the cornerback Miami drafted from Memphis. Bobby McCain.

He's apparently most like... Brent Grimes. Lol god if only we got 8 more years of grimes caliber play,

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Really liking the cornerback Miami drafted from Memphis. Bobby McCain.

He's apparently most like... Brent Grimes. Lol god if only we got 8 more years of grimes caliber play,

Bobby McCain is awesome. Almost single handedly beat UCLA, embarassed Bo Dallas, and a year ago made Teddy look human. He's small, but he's an athlete. Pretty chill in person as well. I was an RA/DA in the freshman football player dorm at Memphis.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Shadow225 posted:

I was an RA/DA in the freshman football player dorm at Memphis.

Do go on

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
So I went to Rouse's Supermarket to do some shopping. I picked up some cold cuts, some celery, a gallon of milk, 3 cans of tomato paste, and a roll of paper towels. On the way to the checkout I saw a bottle of wine that I hadn't had before. It looked similar to one I'd enjoyed previously, but I wasn't sure how I'd like it. It wasn't expensive though, and I'd almost emptied the old bottle.

That was this Saints draft.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shadow225 posted:

Bobby McCain is awesome. Almost single handedly beat UCLA, embarassed Bo Dallas, and a year ago made Teddy look human. He's small, but he's an athlete. Pretty chill in person as well. I was an RA/DA in the freshman football player dorm at Memphis.

People are coming out of the woodwork about him, including past coaches. They say he's small and he's been told that his whole life, even by 6'4 receivers he's shut down in college.

I might be projecting because it's nice to see someone like that succeed but oh god do we need quality CB play

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If we get to count Collins I like the Cowboys draft a lot more overall, although it makes me dislike the Green pick in particular more than I already did.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

MourningView posted:

If we get to count Collins I like the Cowboys draft a lot more overall, although it makes me dislike the Green pick in particular more than I already did.

If jones, gregory, and collins all work out for the price of a single first round draft pick? A loving plus draft.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

A.o.D. posted:

So I went to Rouse's Supermarket to do some shopping. I picked up some cold cuts, some celery, a gallon of milk, 3 cans of tomato paste, and a roll of paper towels. On the way to the checkout I saw a bottle of wine that I hadn't had before. It looked similar to one I'd enjoyed previously, but I wasn't sure how I'd like it. It wasn't expensive though, and I'd almost emptied the old bottle.

That was this Saints draft.

This is a little too cerebral for me. Whose the paper towels?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Rasczak posted:

I didn't really plan on doing this since you can't properly grade a draft pick until years later, but what the hell here's some kneejerk reactions:

Dallas Cowboys

1.27: Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

Late riser due to a great combine, athletic freak. The running theme this year is that Dallas targeted players that were great athletes, and this was certainly no exception. I would've wanted Jones or a tradedown here after how the board fell. Position of need. The only other guy that I might've liked there, Malcom Brown, is a 1T and Marinelli doesn't place great value on that position in his scheme, bigger need at 3T anyway. A

2.60: Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
Would've been a top pick but fell because of weed and vague rumors of some potential mental health concern. Probably Reefer Madness. Insane value. A little small at 240ish, expected to be up around 255 by preseason. Always draft the weed guy. A+

3.91: Chaz Green, OT, Florida
A bit of a reach here, but if this was their guy and they didn't think he'd be there late-4th, so be it. His draft projection would've been higher but dropped because he can't stay healthy. If injury concerns are a thing of the past then it's good value. Position of need with the loss of Parnell. B-

4.127: Damien Wilson, ILB, Minnesota
Average athlete with average speed that had good production in college. Overly aggressive in the bad way that leads to penalties and mistakes. Dallas was short on LBs after the loss of Durant and Carter, so it addresses another need. Probably a bit of a reach. C+

5.163: Ryan Russell, DE, Purdue
Good athlete, poor production in college. After the 2012 season his team switched to 3-4 defense where he wasn't a good scheme fit, so they lined him up all over as a hybrid. Dallas must like his upside in their 4-3 defense. Could potentially put on 15-20 lbs and move inside to 3T. B-

7.236: Mark Nzeocha, OLB, Wyoming
Big, fast, and really raw. Hope he can contribute to special teams. Whatever

7.243: Laurence Gibson, OT, Virginia Tech
Yet another athletic dude, but lacks power and consistency. Sloppy technique. Coaches will have their work cut out for them, but there's upside if they pull it off. Whatever

7:246: Geoff Swaim, TE, Texas
Again an athletic dude, good blocker, can't catch a cold. This is the last year that Hanna's under contract, Dallas is taking a flyer here in order to replace him on the cheap. Hard to get excited about a late-7th blocking tight end. Whatever

Overall: Great day 1, good day 2, eehhh day 3. I would have preferred a RB in the top 3 rounds, a move might still be made there later in the offseason when cuts are made. That they were more interested in shoring up the OL says something. It looks like we're about to find out if letting Murray go will bite them in the butt.

E: Typo. Also, I think I would've preferred them taking a flyer on La'el Collins with that late-3rd. Three guys all rated 1st round picks, man... :allears:

A+ Draft would draft again

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Rasczak posted:

A+ Draft would draft again

it's really an embarassment of riches

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Michael DiRoccoVerified account‏@ESPNdirocco
Dante Fowler Jr just went down holding left knee. Got hurt in 11 on 11.

:smith:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh Gawd...pls be ok.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

God dammit. Trade them Bruce, help the Jags out.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

pillsburysoldier posted:

Anything new? This would absolutely suck rear end if it's something bad.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I was out of toilet paper so I went to the store to buy some. I came home with a whole salmon.

The Colts draft grade in supermarket shopping story.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/cweeks85/status/596744674318098432

Video.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ACL, he's lucky if he gets away with a sprain.

I think Fowler was a bad pick at 3 anyway but this really hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That's the loving worst, sorry Fowler, hope you recover quickly :smith:

• Locked thread