Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So what's going on in this game?

The Battleworld is a volatile place full of constantly-shifting alliances between the fragments of worlds that have washed up there like flotsam on a shore. The residents of Battleworld must deal with unruly neighbors, new dangers they had never even imagined and even the occasional menace from a long-destroyed universe appearing in their world. The formerly idyllic Westchester is now a vulnerable, small territory bordered by multiple regimes run by genocidal madmen. Seeing them as the most vulnerable of any target on his borders, Apocalypse began to march his armies against them. The X-Men fought valiantly but found themselves met at every turn with an army of twisted versions of themselves. With their enemies advancing, Xavier sent out a call to anyone willing to help...

-----

It didn't take long before DI got the GM bug again and OF COURSE I'm going to run Marvel Heroic. Thinking maybe I'll do something a little less sprawling than last time and wouldn't you know it Secret Wars is looking pretty good if you want to tell a fairly self-contained adventure. Do I know what's going to happen in Secret Wars? No, and neither do you, that's why we're going to make it up. I'm looking for 4-6 players to go on a secret mission to save X-Men '92 from a world that is able to punch and say the word "kill." I'm not looking to play this entirely straight (because let's face it, X-Men '92 was pretty goofy) but it's also not going to descend into goon comedy hopefully. It's going to be the story of a rag-tag group of heroes on a journey to find that guy and do that thing to him.

Let's talk characters
You can play basically anyone you want. And I mean anyone, including characters from other campaigns you've run. Maybe you want to be Doctor Doom, the Avengers' Pal, who helped the New Avengers and the Illuminati take back Earth from a conspiracy known as the Majestic-12*. You can do that. You can be a version of a character from any of the alternate worlds, or maybe you're the last survivor of a destroyed universe who found themselves on Battleworld. It's a very flexible system that way; just a few tweaks to the official Ms. Marvel character sheet and you can have Captain Marvel from the Hala Fields world.

*This is classified zone #14 on the map, I'm saying it before Marvel can.

If you want to play a premade character, there's a fair number of characters available, just ask and I'll let you know if one exists. Or you can make up one, change an existing sheet, or use one you found. I am not very picky about who you play and will help you construct a character sheet if you want. here is a writeup on the basic rules, including how characters work.

But what if I don't know how to play this game, but want to play it?

Then I will teach you. To be honest there are only like four rules in this game and once you understand them, everything else is a variation on them. This game is not a prescriptive, numbers-based game where D10 strength means you can lift up to 1250 kg of mass. It's more about simulating the style of a comic, where characters take blows that put them on the ropes and then fight back with everything they have, overcome impossible odds through luck and willpower, and get XP from using their catchphrase.

Sounds good, how can I join?

Make a post saying who you want to play as! If you have experience with the system and can post a full character sheet, then skip right to that step. If you need help getting a character sheet put together and all you know is who you want to play as, check out some of the other character sheets in play (or go to my last thread here if you want more examples) and use them as a starting point. Since all your stats are just bigger dice, it's hard to make a truly overpowered character unless you step into Galactus/Thanos/Annihilus territory and I'll be happy to offer feedback on the way your character is set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Oh man a Marvel Heroic game I am expressing interest so fast!

EDIT: I am thinking a version of Peter Parker who was raised by a kinder, gentler Norman Osborn after his parents vanished - and in so doing embraced his scientist side more heartily, and, coincidentally, became a heroic version of the Green Goblin. I don't know if that fits any of the known regions of Battleworld though.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 4, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Oh hell, yes! I am definitely putting an app in for this...Now I just have to decide who I want to play as...I miss Herc oh-so-much, but he had a good run. Maybe if I find my old Magneto sheet from that Exiles game we were in for, like, a month I could play him again, I always felt like that game ended way too early and wanted to flesh him out more. Or maybe something new, like Killraven or Multiple Man or something...We'll see.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Count me as interested too Cap'n. I've had it in my mind to do some sort of alternate-history Emma Frost for a while now and unless I can find something way cooler or snarky that's gonna be my schtick I think. You ok with telepathy and particularly Omega-class TP at that?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, assuming you play it as having to dig to hear things and not just actively picking up everything around you, partially because that's a lot to write and partially because you leave yourself open to Gambit's telepathy countermeasure and don't nobody want that. I mean, Strange had telepathy in Civil War.

And Lager, did you mean THIS Magneto?

quote:

(Pictured: Max Eisenhardt's Westchester counterpart)
Max Eisenhardt grew up in a Jewish family in the wealthy country of Germany. While America's fascist government rose to power in the mid 1930s, the Atlantic Ocean was more than enough of a barricade to keep their posturing out of Max's mind as he grew up to be a strong, handsome young man. His family was middle class, but they were educated and successful and when he was old enough Max went to school in the German territory of England at Cambridge University as a student of engineering. His family had taken great strides to hide his burgeoning mutant abilities from a public not ready for such knowledge, but in school Max discovered that his abilities could be fine tuned to allow him to record data though using magnetism on a metal disk.

After he had finished his schooling, however, he became restless. The Americans had finally decided to launch ships across the ocean, and so in the early 1950s Max decided to join the German military to defend his homeland. The Second World War was four years of hell as the Fascist Confederacy landed their ships in England and tried to conquer their former colonial rulers. While the Americans never managed to make a landing in mainland Europe, England's countryside was terrorized and its people were decimated. Max had seen the horrors of war first hand, but his magnetic abilities had protected him from danger. Near the end of the war the young German met a bald American around his same age who also seemed to possess mysterious abilities. The man was named Xavier, and had grown up in a reeducation camp after his wealthy parents were murdered during the rise of the Party to power. He had an ability to control thoughts, and was using it to live out his damaged mind's sick, twisted fantasies on the rural English populations he had enslaved. Max was forced to battle him and eventually came out the victor. Still, troubled by the experience, he decided to leave Europe for a time and explore the world as a freelance adventurer.

Having traveled the world for more than a decade, Max eventually made his way to America, which had recently deposed the Party in favor of restoring their former government. The American people were struggling to pick up the pieces and find a way to redeem themselves for the atrocities committed during their nearly 4 decades of fascist rule. By this time, Max was approaching middle age rapidly and decided to further explore the possibilities of his magnetic abilities. He jump started the computing revolution almost by himself by returning to his earlier experiments with recording data using his powers, and founded a company alongside an American engineer by the name of Howard Stark. Stark-Eisenhardt became the world leader in computing technology, rocket engineering and shielding research. Max was loved the world over for his role in the American space program, NASA, and was credited with making humanity's first moon landing a possibility in 1972. The world never knew that Eisenhardt was able to build such incredible machines by using his magnetic abilities to sculpt them out of metal with artistic ease, but they could tell that there was something brilliant and special about the white haired entrepreneur.

By 1984 Stark-Eisenhardt was dealt a serious blow with Howard's death. Max took his friend's teenaged son Tony under his wing, teaching him the importance of helping those less fortunate than himself. When Tony designed his famed repulsor technology and became the superhero known as Iron Man, he invited Max to reveal his magnetic abilities to the world and found the Avengers with him as the heroic Magneto, Master of Magnetism. Magneto was one of the most powerful heroes in the world and acted as the team's compassionate mentor and conscience. He battled super villains, fought against cosmic monstrosities, and protected the world from alien incursions. As Magneto, he allowed mutants all over the world to come out of the shadows and reveal themselves to the public - after all, if Magneto was a mutant, and his abilities had led America out of its dark past, mutants couldn't possibly be any great threat!

Magneto
Max Eisenhardt (public)

Affiliations
• Solo d10
• Buddy d6
• Team d8

Distinctions
• Engineering Genius
• Admired by Millions...In His Own World
• Aging Adventurer

Power Sets
Master of Magnetism
Godlike Durability d12, Magnetic Supremacy d12, Supersonic Flight d10, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Transmutation d8
• SFX: Area Attack: Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
• SFX: Invulnerable: Spend 1 PP to ignore Physical Stress or Trauma.
• SFX: Multipower: Use two or more Master of Magnetism powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.
• SFX: Versatile: Split Magnetic Supremacy into 2d10 or 3d8.
• Limit: Mutant: Add a d6 to Doom when affected by mutant-specific Milestones or tech.
• Limit: Exhausted: Shutdown any Master of Magnetism power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by resting in a transition scene.

Specialties
• Combat Expert d8
• Medical Expert d8
• Psych Expert d8
• Science Master d10
• Tech Master d10

Milestones
Conscience of the team
1 XP: When you act as a veteran mentor and suggest a course of action to a teammate or NPC.
3 XP: When a teammate comes to you for advice on the ethical way to proceed in a difficult situation.
10 XP: When you turn a teammate around to your way of thinking and stop them from committing a crime, or when you are sickened by an atrocity you witness and lash out against your own deeply held beliefs.

If we do nothing, they’ll all die
1 XP – Whenever you save people from death, for the time being.
3 XP – When you sacrifice a friendship, a dream, a goal, or a hope, to instead save lives.
10 XP – When you end a genocide, or succumb to the urge to kill the enemy commander to make the killing stop.

It wouldn't be much of a jump to have him be the House of M Magneto, if you want to use a preexisting location. Then you could talk about how your destiny as leader of the TRUE mutant state compels you to destroy pretenders like Apocalypse.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 4, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ahaha I had guessed someone would post Tony Stark's Civil War anti-telepathy defense first but yes moreso the "shut out the uncontrolled babbling idiocy of millions" type of telepath than the other. I do kind of like the idea of Emma using telepathy and clever psychology to help give support die to other characters by talking them up or leading them in combat though. Maybe one day create a Battle-mind Scene Asset or steal browse combat/tech skills from one character to give advice to another?

My general plan here is 1960s Emma Frost ala Emma Peel super spy and all around liar (or agent of SHIELD I guess which is that). As soon as I can get home and dig up the sheet I'll give you the deets but iirc the one I'm looking for has telepathy and diamond body as exclusive powers and my rationale for that is that it's a self imposed mental block she's gradually trying to build past on the way towards being the ultimate telepath.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

That's the official sheet in either the core book or Civil War: X-Men that you're thinking of, so unless you want to modify her powers at all we can just come up with different distinctions and milestones for you. And a different bio of course. Have you decided where you want to be from or do you want some input?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I think it's probably from one of those yeah. The sheet as written was mostly what I had in mind anyway but any input or suggestions you've got would be welcome. Personally I just like the idea of Emma Frost wearing mod-art mini skirts, lying constantly and shamelessly about everything (up to and including the fact she's an Omega telepath), and kicking the Shadow King in the crotch with diamond strength boots so hitting those three points satisfies me just fine.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Don't have much to offer mechanically, because I think the Emma Frost datafile they made does a good job of conveying the ideas behind the character's powers. In terms of character background, we can rule out any of the places that are particularly apocalyptic or dystopian, so that narrows it down quite a bit. There's no retro 1960s world, but there IS a retro 1920s-ish world (The Far East), so what if instead of mod you went Art Deco? Plenty of opportunity for spying in a world shortly after WWI. Plus, dinosaurs and biplanes are blood enemies.

LifeGetsWorser posted:

EDIT: I am thinking a version of Peter Parker who was raised by a kinder, gentler Norman Osborn after his parents vanished - and in so doing embraced his scientist side more heartily, and, coincidentally, became a heroic version of the Green Goblin. I don't know if that fits any of the known regions of Battleworld though.

Well you could always just be a refugee. One of the things about being Spider-Man is that we know what happens to him in basically every alternate universe because he is, you know, the most popular Marvel dude. Maybe you washed up in a place where Norman Osborn was more like normal Norman. Peter could leave and go other places, getting disillusioned as he finds that Norman is usually a poo poo man, so he's been roaming around ever since. When he hears Xavier's call it would give him a chance to show everyone that the Green Goblin can also be a good guy.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 4, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Hm... that could make sense. Especially since that gives me an excuse to pretend my use Mind Control/Telepathy in hand to hand combat is actually mastery of an esoteric and unspecified martial art. Definitely pressure points and mystic judo balancing, and definitely not Emma mind controlling you into thinking you've been hit pretty hard or fallen over yourself. I'm not as savvy with 1920s slang or history though so I'll probably have to do a bit of handwaving and figuring out specific character moments to shoot for.

The 60s would have worked for me because it's near enough to modern that it's close to the 616 timeline with some adjustments, and basic character interactions and history are otherwise the same. But it's easy enough to work that out as it comes up and is relevant. An example of this is who or what Far East Magneto looks like? Maybe one of those really rare Asian Jews whose family was caught up in the horror of the Opium Wars?

*clearly Sauron is a biplane pilot who had a terrible accident involving a dinosaur and mystic lightning, making him an abomination and the worst of all worlds.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you need help with 1920s slang you could just listen to how Woodhouse talks on Archer. Just talk about crackerjack pilots and how gyppos steal cars.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Defiance Industries posted:

Well you could always just be a refugee. One of the things about being Spider-Man is that we know what happens to him in basically every alternate universe because he is, you know, the most popular Marvel dude. Maybe you washed up in a place where Norman Osborn was more like normal Norman. Peter could leave and go other places, getting disillusioned as he finds that Norman is usually a poo poo man, so he's been roaming around ever since. When he hears Xavier's call it would give him a chance to show everyone that the Green Goblin can also be a good guy.

Yeah, going to roll with this. (excuse the lovely photoshopping, also WIP obviously)

When young Peter Parker's parents vanished, presumed dead, Peter was adopted by his father's friend and co-worker, Norman Osborn, genius scientist and CEO of Oscorp. He and Norman's son, Harry, grew up together, but while Peter and Harry both displayed the intellect necessary to follow Norman in his research efforts, Harry was more concerned with enjoying his father's wealth. Peter took to helping Norman in the laboratory, even assisting him with a biological experiment under a government contract - an attempt to replicate the Super Soldier serum that had given Captain America his powers. Harry, in the meantime, fell in with a bad crowd, and after multiple arrests, Norman informed his wayward son that Peter would inherit everything, as opposed to him. Norman intended it as a stopgap measure, a wake-up call, and while he had the will adjusted to make the threat have teeth, he would have adjusted it more fairly once his son calmed down.
Sadly, it only served to anger Harry more. In a heated argument in the lab with his father, Harry accidentally triggered a chemical reaction which caused an explosion that disabled both Osborns. Rushing to their aid, Peter was asked by Norman to save his son. When he returned for Norman, the lab sealed them both inside. Peter inhaled a massive amount of the unstable, untested concoction in gaseous form. Sadly, the wounded Norman died, and Peter was found comatose after the gas cleared.

After he awoke, Peter was informed that he was the new CEO of Oscorp. But beyond that, he quickly came to realize the formula worked as a sort of retro-virus, and gifted him with enhanced speed, strength, and toughness, but also found that he was having a difficult time controlling his emotions. In an attempt to rid himself of the effects of the gas, Peter began a series of animal tests with the retro-virus, hoping to refine it to either a more stable state, or neutralize it.

Jealous of Peter taking what he saw as his birthright, Harry snuck into the lab one night to sabotage Peter's experiments. He smashed a glass vial containing a spider, that, unknown to him, had been exposed to a version of the retro-virus. Biting Osborn, the spider's DNA co-mingled with Harry's, but drove him mad with rage and jealousy. Hearing a commotion, security guards came to the lab, only to be defeated by a maddened Harry who fled the scene. Harry had gained superhuman strength and reflexes, and talons on his hands that secreted a potent toxin.

Watching the security footage, Peter realized he needed to confront his brother, and became the Green Goblin to do it. Harry called himself Venom, and the two became bitter foes.

Realizing he couldn't rid himself of his powers while Venom and other villains existed and threatened people, Peter designed an armored suit and a series of gadgets to help him fight crime. He became one of the founding members of the Defenders of his world (also including the Black Cat, Doctor Strange, Beast, Cloak, and Dagger) in his costumed life, fighting against numerous foes both terrestrial and extraterrestrial. In his public life he dated and then married Felicia Hardy (Black Cat's alter ego), and brought Oscorp to prominence, a constant public rival for Tony Stark (Iron Man, the leader of the Avengers).

But all of that has disappeared. Felicia, Oscorp, the Defenders, even Venom seem to have vanished along with his world, leaving Peter adrift in a strange world made of many, and in most, the Green Goblin isn't seen as one of Earth's Defenders, but a villain, and his kind, wise, determined adopted father Norman Osborn is often the madman behind the Goblin's mask. Peter remembers though, the words his Norman once told him, and that he has always strived to live by: "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility". With that in mind, the Green Goblin flies into the Secret War, a hero, even if not always a recognized one.

quote:

Green Goblin (Peter Parker, Secret)

Affiliations Solo d10, Buddy d6, Team d8

Distinctions:
A Monster Hides Within
Wisecracker
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

GOBLIN AUGMENTATIONS

Enhanced Durability d8 Superhuman Strength d10
Superhuman Stamina d10 Enhanced Reflexes d8

SFX: Genius. Spend a power point to step up a Tech Master or Science Master stunt or resource and recover mental or emotional stress.
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Goblin Augmentations power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Goblin Augmentations power by +1 for this action.
SFX: Seething Rage. Step up or double any Goblin Augmentations power for one action. If the action fails, add the power die to the doom pool.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Goblins Augmentation power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

GOBLIN ARSENAL

Electrical Blast d8 Subsonic Flight d8
Superhuman Durability d10 Weapons d8

SFX: Pumpkin Bombs. When using Weapons to inflict an Obscuring complication on a target, add a d6 and step up Weapons die.
SFX: Goblin Tracer. Spend 1 PP or use an effect die to create a Traced complication for a target. You may track that target anywhere until the complication is removed.
SFX: Stun Grenades. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a Stunned complication on a target.
Limit: Limited Ammunition. Shutdown any Goblin Arsenal power and gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. doom pool to recover.

Specialties:
Acrobatics Expert d8 Business Expert d8
Combat Expert d8 Psych Expert d8
Science Master d10 Tech Master d10

Milestones:
A CURE, OR A CALAMITY?
1xp When you use humor to cover up your anger and rage
3xp When you find something new in Battleworld that you think might lead to a breakthrough
10xp When you find a way to modify the Goblin Serum so that you are cured, or you gain great power at the cost of even greater rage

A GOBLIN WITHOUT A COUNTRY
1xp When your costumed identity gets you mistaken for a villain by a hero or team of heroes
3xp When you beat a villainous Green Goblin decisively
10xp When you successfully rehabilitate the name Green Goblin in the eyes of the world, or when you retire the name to become a different hero

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 5, 2015

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I'm thinking of my favorite Marvel stuff to play with and realizing most of it is drawn by Allred. What's the best way to toss X-Statix into this fondue pot? Or maybe something like FF's take on Ant-Man as leader of the Fantastic Four, with a vested interest in keeping X-Men '92 wacky and not-grimdark.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kellsterik posted:

I'm thinking of my favorite Marvel stuff to play with and realizing most of it is drawn by Allred. What's the best way to toss X-Statix into this fondue pot? Or maybe something like FF's take on Ant-Man as leader of the Fantastic Four, with a vested interest in keeping X-Men '92 wacky and not-grimdark.

Well there's always New Quack City, the world which Howard the Duck never made but was trapped in nonetheless. Or you could be 616-Scott Lang. That's an option. He's still around.

Also I really like the Goblin we've got going on. You've got a lot of interesting hooks there for the character.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 4, 2015

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Defiance, let me know what you think of Green Goblin, I mostly mashed the spider-man and green goblin datafiles together and shook it until stuff stuck, but if I need to adjust something let me know.

EDIT: Awesome, glad you like it. I had to give him a backstory, even if it never comes up, heh.

Also, I'm not sure how great the Milestones are, so if anyone has any suggestions on that I'm all ears.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 4, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

And Lager, did you mean THIS Magneto?

It wouldn't be much of a jump to have him be the House of M Magneto, if you want to use a preexisting location. Then you could talk about how your destiny as leader of the TRUE mutant state compels you to destroy pretenders like Apocalypse.

Holy crap, that's awesome! Thanks, Defiance!

I'll decide what to do over the next few hours. I was really quite happy about that version of Magneto, the sort of "What if Magneto and Xavier switched places?" type of thing, but playing House of M Mags might give me a good story hook aside from being a genuinely good guy. I'll think it over. And I might still just go for something totally left field, anyway.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

quote:

EMMA FROST: Agent of SHIELD
Affiliations Solo d6 Buddy d8 Team d10

Distinctions
Adventurous Past
Icy Confidence
No Secrets From Me

Power Sets
DIAMOND BODY
Enhanced Strength d8 Godlike Stamina d12
Superhuman Durability d10
SFX: Invulnerability. Spend 1 pp to ignore physical stress or trauma unless caused by mystical attacks.
Limit: Mutually Exclusive. Shutdown Diamond Body to activate Omega-Class Telepath. Shutdown Omega-Class Telepath to recover Diamond Body.

OMEGA-CLASS TELEPATH
Enhanced Senses d8 Mind Control d10
Psychic Blast d10 Psychic Resistance d10
Telepathy d12
SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Omega-Class Telepath power die to your pool. Step back each Omega-Class Telepath power die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
SFX: Psychic Healing. When helping others recover stress, add Telepathy to your dice pool. Spend 1 pp to recover your own or another’s mental or emotional stress or step back your own or another’s mental or emotional trauma.
Limit: Mutant. When affected by mutant-specific complications or tech, earn 1 pp.

Specialties
[You may convert Expert d8 to 2d6, or Master d10 to 2d8 or 3d6]
Business Master d10 Crime Expert d8
Psych Master d10 Science Expert d8
Tech Expert d8

Milestones
GREATEST MIND ON EARTH
1 XP when you show up or humiliate a lesser telepath
3 XP when you overpower or defeat another telepath in mental combat
10 XP when you defeat or imprison another Omega-class telepath

INVETERATE LIAR
1 XP when you casually lie to another hero or villain successfully
3 XP when one of your lies is corroborated by another hero or villain without them knowing the truth
10 XP when one of your lies becomes established fact or is exposed and you are forced to come clean

(You know, in my world you're a doddering old pervert who hangs around in a house full of children prancing about in fanciful costumes. How do I know you're not any different? Ah. Well. Ahahaha. Alright, fair enough. Just stop before I laugh myself into a coma. Fine. So suppose you're right, and suppose that these genocidal maniacs you're surrounded by will sweep over the borders of your cozy little estate and turn the skies black and run the rivers red, why would I not simply stay where I am and raise my own armies in defense or otherwise keep to the safety of my own world?)

(Hm... Amahl Farouk. Dangerous reasoning there old man. Farouk is a vile rapist in every possible definition of the word, and the only reason I'm even entertaining the prospect of picking up stakes to lend you a hand is the fact that you did the same thing to him I did. No I do not believe we have a responsibility to use our powers for the betterment of mankind. Simply because neither you nor I are Amahl Farouk and we're willing to descend to his level of filth does not mean we owe the lumpenproles anything. You might have had better luck using the adventure and challenge of it all as a selling point. Does the Emma Frost of your world not enjoy sensible outfits, adventure, and excitement? Oh I see. That must be absolutely mortifying for her. Well I do like adventure, and I do enjoy personally visiting new vistas, toppling tin plated tyrants...)

(Alright. Then beg. Climb out of your chair, crawl onto all fours and beg me to help. Say it out loud. 'Please Ms. Frost won't you come and save me from my enemies.' That's a good lad.)

Emma had always been the best. The best of the best, she had been raised by the finest duennas, private tutors, and academic institutions that money could buy. Her own experiences with her overbearing father and adolescence came to a head with the activation of her X-gene, when the million voices of the world flooded her mind and she immediately raised diamond walls to block them out. Now able to casually confirm every evil that lurked in the hearts of men she became a dilettante, explorer, world traveler, and subject of gossip sheets from Amsterdam to Wakanda, seeking excitement in new experiences and pushing the boundaries of her power. She fought ancient monsters, destabilized governments, and plundered temples and princes alike in pursuit of her own amusement.

It wasn't until the second time she meandered through Egypt that she encountered another telepath (and mutant) that could she could call her peer. Emma's psychic battle with the man known as Amahl Farouk left her weakened and disgusted that a mind like the Egyptian's could exist on the same plane as hers. Although she knows that she would never fall to the same depths as the so-called Shadow King, unrestrained and without equals in the psychic realm she now intervenes with the global conflicts of her world (presumably for the greater good but mostly to prove to herself that she can).

Emma Frost with a world traveling/adventure seeking bent ala Doc Savage, with a hard on for humiliating other telepaths because the only other major telepath she's met to date has been the Shadowking and that guy's a dick. Tells lies for fun, generally wants to help people because why not, and is made of diamond because of mental hangups about being too perfect/hard to be sullied by the world. I'd like to set some long term goals involving 1) Making up some hilarious and completely off the cuff bullshit 2) Making another Omega-telepath cry 3) eventually swapping out Limit: Mutually Exclusive for something else via XP and personal growth.

Let me know if this works or doesn't work. I'm still playing around with the character background/voice to see if I can find something that I like.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Defiance, let me know what you think of Green Goblin, I mostly mashed the spider-man and green goblin datafiles together and shook it until stuff stuck, but if I need to adjust something let me know.

EDIT: Awesome, glad you like it. I had to give him a backstory, even if it never comes up, heh.

Also, I'm not sure how great the Milestones are, so if anyone has any suggestions on that I'm all ears.

Well, one thing I would suggest for Milestones is that even though a lot of the character's backstory is business/science focused (helping Norman do science, running Oscorp, being Tony Stark's public rival) you don't have a milestone for that. If you wanted to keep the idea of dealing with/overcoming the Goblin Serum as well, you could incorporate it into that one without missing much. The 10 xp one lends itself to that without much alteration at all, you just add something about "modifying the Goblin Serum so that you are cured, or you gain great power at the cost of even greater rage." Since the 3 xp is basically just "win a fight" you might do something more science-related, perhaps like "when you find something new in Battleworld that you think might lead to a breakthrough." Kind of like how Banner was always looking for new things to try to fix the Hulk, it can represent finding a plant in Greenland, making friends with the Tony Stark from Technopolis or just punching Beast from Zone #14 (Bestzone) in the face and taking his poo poo.

Also I think Emma works fine straight out of the box for you. Did you decide definitively on a place of origin or are you keeping that deliberately vague like the best spies always do?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Also I think Emma works fine straight out of the box for you. Did you decide definitively on a place of origin or are you keeping that deliberately vague like the best spies always do?

I'm ok with either #24 Far East or whichever vaguely defined world you want to work with. The whole thing could also be a complete lie anyway because Emma lies.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Inspiration strikes: tomorrow I might make one of the Nextwave crew (since they're already written up) from their Forbush Man-induced alternate realities where everything is dark and plodding and dumb, with a milestone built on realizing things just aren't that serious and embracing the joy of comic book absurdity that is Secret Wars. I'm thinking the Captain but i'll read that issue again and see who I like!

Alternatively: some kind of Hulk? I always liked Hulk as the wildcard but weirdly principled outsider who doesn't let things go according to anyone's plan, least of all Banner's. What would be a good world to have a variant Hulk from?

e: especially a datafile with Hulk and Banner as rivals that happen to occupy the same body- maybe a Limit based on switching assets created by one into complications for the other, and a SFX to do the inverse? I want to do that in a way that isn't frustrating for the other players by constantly denying them help. Definitely want to play with the doom pool economy.

e2: hulk as "the crime that will not be forgiven"? human and man of science bruce banner cursed to manifest the unpredictable mystical trollborn aspect of chaos loki??

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 5, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, you could be from K'un-Lun and be the Kung Fu Hulk. Or Weirdworld Hulk, get your power from the bloodpact you made with a dragon or something like that. Then there's Technopolis Hulk, who I'm imagining is Banner in a Hulkbuster suit painted green and purple. But as far as Hulk datafiles go, we're gonna be home-brewing one. My Rulk file from Civil War is a good place to start, but based on your concept are you thinking something like how Emma Frost has two power sets that you can only use one of at a time?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah, I was thinking of Mutually Exclusive exactly- that could be a good point of comparison with this Emma trying to unite the two halves. Like Hulk is mega strong but Banner has the specialty dice and SFX and maybe a piddly little ray gun or something. If not Asgardian thing, I like the idea of kung fu Hulk too seeing as Fraction's Iron Fist was awesome.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chaos Troll Hulk is a fun idea too. What if he was from a world where Thor and Loki had never shown up and he had been cursed very recently, like after Battleworld appeared?

Or poo poo we could do both. Banner from K'un-Lun gets cursed by Loki to become a monster!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Updated GoblinPeter's milestones to include DI's suggestions. I liked them :)

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Kellsterik posted:

e2: hulk as "the crime that will not be forgiven"? human and man of science bruce banner cursed to manifest the unpredictable mystical trollborn aspect of chaos loki??

You went with a completely different direction with this than I would have expected; a Hulk who has eaten the soul of a naive and emotionally fragile Bruce Banner and is secretly wracked with guilt over the act of brutal self betrayal/murder.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

If it's cool with you, I've decided to go ahead and play the same Magneto as the one from Little Mac's Exiles game. If you don't want to include my crazy "Germany won WWI" world in your Battleworld, Mags can just be a refugee. Maybe his world was destroyed when he failed in his missions with the Exiles, and now he's wound up on Battleworld after being lost in the multiverse for a while? It might be cool for him to have wound up trapped on some random world that has now been integrated into Battleworld, like maybe the Valley of Flame or something? Old heroic Magneto hanging out in a world populated by Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy...

Max Eisenhardt grew up in a Jewish family in the wealthy country of Germany. While America's fascist government rose to power in the mid 1930s, the Atlantic Ocean was more than enough of a barricade to keep their posturing out of Max's mind as he grew up to be a strong, handsome young man. His family was middle class, but they were educated and successful and when he was old enough Max went to school in the German territory of England at Cambridge University as a student of engineering. His family had taken great strides to hide his burgeoning mutant abilities from a public not ready for such knowledge, but in school Max discovered that his abilities could be fine tuned to allow him to record data though using magnetism on a metal disk.

After he had finished his schooling, however, he became restless. The Americans had finally decided to launch ships across the ocean, and so in the early 1950s Max decided to join the German military to defend his homeland. The Second World War was four years of hell as the Fascist Confederacy landed their ships in England and tried to conquer their former colonial rulers. While the Americans never managed to make a landing in mainland Europe, England's countryside was terrorized and its people were decimated. Max had seen the horrors of war first hand, but his magnetic abilities had protected him from danger. Near the end of the war the young German met a bald American around his same age who also seemed to possess mysterious abilities. The man was named Xavier, and had grown up in a reeducation camp after his wealthy parents were murdered during the rise of the Party to power. He had an ability to control thoughts, and was using it to live out his damaged mind's sick, twisted fantasies on the rural English populations he had enslaved. Max was forced to battle him and eventually came out the victor. Still, troubled by the experience, he decided to leave Europe for a time and explore the world as a freelance adventurer.

Having traveled the world for more than a decade, Max eventually made his way to America, which had recently deposed the Party in favor of restoring their former government. The American people were struggling to pick up the pieces and find a way to redeem themselves for the atrocities committed during their nearly 4 decades of fascist rule. By this time, Max was approaching middle age rapidly and decided to further explore the possibilities of his magnetic abilities. He jump started the computing revolution almost by himself by returning to his earlier experiments with recording data using his powers, and founded a company alongside an American engineer by the name of Howard Stark. Stark-Eisenhardt became the world leader in computing technology, rocket engineering and shielding research. Max was loved the world over for his role in the American space program, NASA, and was credited with making humanity's first moon landing a possibility in 1972. The world never knew that Eisenhardt was able to build such incredible machines by using his magnetic abilities to sculpt them out of metal with artistic ease, but they could tell that there was something brilliant and special about the white haired entrepreneur.

By 1984 Stark-Eisenhardt was dealt a serious blow with Howard's death. Max took his friend's teenaged son Tony under his wing, teaching him the importance of helping those less fortunate than himself. When Tony designed his famed repulsor technology and became the superhero known as Iron Man, he invited Max to reveal his magnetic abilities to the world and found the Avengers with him as the heroic Magneto, Master of Magnetism. Magneto was one of the most powerful heroes in the world and acted as the team's compassionate mentor and conscience. He battled super villains, fought against cosmic monstrosities, and protected the world from alien incursions. As Magneto, he allowed mutants all over the world to come out of the shadows and reveal themselves to the public.

One day, while fighting a battle against Nomad and his Masters of Evil, Magneto was seemingly killed in an explosion. When he opened his eyes, he found himself in a vast desert, and was recruited as a member of the otherworldly Exiles. He fought bravely alongside these new allies in an attempt to return to his own world, but it was all for naught. His universe was destroyed by an incursion event, and Magneto himself was grief-stricken, winding up stranded on a prehistoric world ruled by massive, brutish dinosaurs, and primitive mammalian cave dwellers. Now, even that world has seemingly been broken to pieces, and Max has found himself in an even stranger place than he could have imagined...

Magneto
Max Eisenhardt (public)

Affiliations
• Solo d10
• Buddy d6
• Team d8

Distinctions
• Engineering Genius
• Aging Adventurer
• Last Survivor of a Forgotten World

Power Sets
Master of Magnetism
Godlike Durability d12, Magnetic Supremacy d12, Supersonic Flight d10, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Stamina d8, Transmutation d8
• SFX: Area Attack: Add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
• SFX: Invulnerable: Spend 1 PP to ignore Physical Stress or Trauma.
• SFX: Multipower: Use two or more Master of Magnetism powers in a single dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.
• SFX: Versatile: Split Magnetic Supremacy into 2d10 or 3d8.
• Limit: Mutant: Add a d6 to Doom when affected by mutant-specific Milestones or tech.
• Limit: Exhausted: Shutdown any Master of Magnetism power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by resting in a transition scene.

Specialties
• Combat Expert d8
• Medical Expert d8
• Psych Expert d8
• Science Master d10
• Tech Master d10

Milestones
Survivor's Guilt
1 XP: When you discuss your world's history with a teammate.
3 XP: When you mourn your loss and confess the truth to your team, or when you lie to hide the fact that your world is gone.
10 XP: When you either succeed in resurrecting your world through cosmic means (or adopt another world as your new home) and abandon your team, or when you abandon the quest and resist temptation in order to help your comrades.

If We Do Nothing, They’ll All Die
1 XP – Whenever you save people from death, for the time being.
3 XP – When you sacrifice a friendship, a dream, a goal, or a hope, to instead save lives.
10 XP – When you end a genocide peacefully, or succumb to the urge to kill the enemy commander to make the killing stop.

Lager fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 8, 2015

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Oh poo poo Marvel Heroic! I don't suppose I can apply DI, or do you hate me after I dropped off the map due to sickness on your last game?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

But as far as Hulk datafiles go, we're gonna be home-brewing one. My Rulk file from Civil War is a good place to start, but based on your concept are you thinking something like how Emma Frost has two power sets that you can only use one of at a time?

I did some digging, and there is in fact an official Hulk datafile which was once on the MWP site as What If content! I'll repost it here as a reference: http://i.imgur.com/DrFvoDY.jpg

I'm probably going to play with it a little bit but it's good to have a baseline that saw an editor.

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 8, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arivia posted:

Oh poo poo Marvel Heroic! I don't suppose I can apply DI, or do you hate me after I dropped off the map due to sickness on your last game?

:getin:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sweet. Question 1 is do you still want me as Mystique or should I mix it up? I haven't looked at datafiles in forever, I'm just super fangirl-y after watching Age of Ultron tonight.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Arivia posted:

Sweet. Question 1 is do you still want me as Mystique or should I mix it up? I haven't looked at datafiles in forever, I'm just super fangirl-y after watching Age of Ultron tonight.

You can do whatever you want. You can even be the Mystique from our Civil War game (Bestworld, Zone #14) if you want. You could also be anybody else you want.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

You can do whatever you want. You can even be the Mystique from our Civil War game (Bestworld, Zone #14) if you want. You could also be anybody else you want.

I think I'm going to pick right up where I left off then with Bestworld Mystique. I have two good ideas already, with the caveat I haven't looked at what I set up for Raven last time.

1) Do things right by Rogue. I think Mystique couldn't handle loving up with her daughter again and that's why she dropped off the map. 92' Rogue is younger, more naive. Mystique has a chance to turn the clock back, lose her mistakes and win her daughter back.

2) If this is an alternate universe, Destiny might still be alive out there. If Mystique's lover is alive, that's worth fighting for.

I'll post the sheet and figure out some milestones tomorrow night if that's okay with you.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
I am back. And I am sooooo excited about this.

But here's the thing: I've run at least FOUR characters that I'd kill to play again. And there is, of course, my longstanding wish to somehow play as The Infernal Man-Thing. So I'm going to ask you, Defiance, since you're the GM: which of these characters are you most interested in working with?

Option 1 - Hawkeye/Ronin - Kate Bishop (secret)

Kate Bishop's life has taken a few key departures from her 616 counterpart: Daughter of a wealthy New York couple, Kate's life changed for the worse following an assault and mugging in central park. In order to recover from the emotional trauma of the event, Kate threw herself, mind and body, into studying a variety of martial arts and archery, which she discovered she had a natural affinity for due in part to possessing photographic reflexes, similar to the villain Taskmaster.

Later, Kate found herself involved in an air-port hostage crisis involving A.I.M. terrorists, which drew the attention of the Avengers. Using her martial skills, Kate was able to assist an injured Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, in rescuing a number of hostages, impressing him greatly with her determination and talent.

Over the following months, Clint Barton took Kate under his wing, teaching her as much as he could to help her hone her talents, and put them to good use. But when Clint was seemingly killed in action, Kate took on the mantle of Hawkeye, and struck out on her own as a vigilante hero to uphold his memory...

Three years ago, Kate's quest for answers had been interrupted by the unnamed S.H.I.E.L.D. team she was shanghaied into joining. Through both success and failure, she had grown a sort of bond with the briefly linked team, and had started to see herself less as Hawkeye's protιgι, and more like an independent hero. Maybe even a leader. When the team split up, and the truth about Clint came to light, she tried to move on.

Kate didn't cry at Clint Barton's funeral. It seemed pointless. His body wasn't even in the coffin. They never found it. She never found him.

Feeling more lonely than she could remember, she reached out to her friend Cassie Lang, and the two began working together with a team of other young heroes. It didn’t last though. Something had changed in Kate. She was colder, more distant, and her headstrong nature had veered dangerously toward sheer anger. When the short-term partners went their separate ways, Kate realized that she no longer had any business masquerading as Hawkeye. Clint Barton was dead, and Kate Bishop was cast adrift. A wandering warrior. A masterless vigilante. She had become Ronin.

Option 2 - Captain James Arthur Maddrox

In 1627, the H.M.S. Wolfsbane, sailing from Muir Island under the crown of King James, was boarded by Spanish pirates, on it's way to the newly founded colony of Barbados. Captain MacTaggert and his crew fought valiantly to defend the ship, and it's precious cargo, but the men were overwhelmed and slain, all but Captain MacTaggert, and his young daughter Moira, both taken captive to be ransomed.

But unbeknownst to anyone, there was one other aboard who had escaped death. A young Welsh criminal, named James Madrox, who had stowed away, hoping to start a new life in the colonies. During the long voyage, he had been discovered only by Moira, herself lonely and isolated at sea, and the two had become unlikely friends.

James, fearing the worst, had laid low during the battle. When the Captain and his daughter were chained up in the cargo hold, he struck out the guard, and quickly freed them. The Captain was initially suspicious, but under the circumstances, relented to accept James' help. They hatched a desperate plan to regain control of the ship, which despite the odds was working out quite well, until Captain MacTaggert took a bullet to the back. James, distracted by rage was struck in the head. Dizzy, and losing consciousness, James prayed that God would send him an army to help protect dear, innocent, Moira.

When his vision cleared, he saw a man's hand, offering to help him up, and once on his feet he saw himself face to face with a man exactly identical to himself. Looking around him, there were more of these doppelgangers fending off the vile pirates, and he realized that God had answered his prayer.

In time, he found that he could summon the duplicates with a snap of his fingers, and dismiss them with a touch and a thought. More so, he found that when he did, he retained the memories of that duplicate's short life. Under the tutelage of Moira MacTaggert, James and his duplicates learned quickly how to sail, and in a few short years, the oddly-crewed ship became a scourge to Caribbean pirates and freebooters, while defending the sea lanes of honest merchants.

All was well, until legends of the Wolfsbane attracted the attention of Spanish bounty hunters. Captured at long last, the secret of Captain James Arthur Madrox was brought to light. Though he adamantly denied that his gift was anything less than a blessing, a miracle from God, he was branded by the Inquisitors as a Witchbreed, and sentenced to execution.

Burned at the stake, but saved from the flames by some divine providence. James awoke in a desert, and found himself quickly dragged into a crew of miscreants from many places across time and reality. They battled a sinister band of doomsday fanatic in the ruins of a dying world, but alas, their victory was Pyrrhic one. The world was still doomed at the end of the fight. Crushed beneath the weight of an enormous fruit-filled pastry. And James was cast adrift in time once more.

Option 3 - Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze (Identity suppressed. Alias, Daniel Ketch)

When he was 17, Johnny Blaze traded his soul to Mephisto to save his stuntman father from cancer, only to then watch him die in a tragic crash, when Mephisto double-crossed him.

Years later, Johnny had become a world renowned daredevil in his own right, despite his eccentricities. But Mephisto called in Johnny's debt, transforming him into the Ghost Rider, to stop the demon Blackheart from claiming a powerful contract, hidden away by the previous Ghost Rider, Carter Slade, over 100 years ago. Under Slade's guidance, Johnny defeated Blackheart, but when Mephisto offered to release him from his debt, Johnny instead pledged to use the power of the Ghost Rider to destroy Mephisto and undo his evil in the world.

He spent a few years drifting, trying to control The Rider inside and break free from Mephisto's influence with some success. His high profile escapades through Texas and the southwest didn't go unnoticed by the S.H.I.E.L.D. "West Coast Avengers" initiative, who created a taskforce to capture him.

After a few unsuccessful attempts, Johnny turned himself in, not wanting to cause further harm to innocents. Offering him the possibility of release from his curse in exchange for his cooperation, Johnny reluctantly agreed on the condition that S.H.I.E.L.D. would help him find and destroy Mephisto.

Unfortunately, Johnny was lost in a time-space bubble on his first mission with the S.H.I.E.L.D. team. But no matter where he ended up, the Rider's judgement was certain. The wicked of every world will face retribution.

Option 4 - Black Cat - Felicia Hardy (Secret)

Ever the opportunist, Black Cat emerged from the Civil War relatively unscathed. She'd never gotten the payoff she was looking for, but she did find a new angle to her life of aimless defiance. Armed with the shield once belonging to Captain America, and slew of high tech gadgets, she'd cut a swath of crime across the nation, ousting corrupt politicians and bureaucrats, bankrupting wall street salaried criminals, pummeling neo-nazis, and surgically exposing the worst crime lords hiding in plain sight. High or low, the enemies of the people became the victims of the Black Cat.

The papers started calling her an anarchist, a terrorist, and a villain of worst sort. They'd even accused her of treason, for refusing to return the shield to it's "rightful owners." But Felicia Hardy knew the truth. She'd finally become a hero. And a pretty kick-rear end one at that.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 6, 2015

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

I love that this game is turning into the island of misfit toys, with a bunch of folks getting their second chance at glory with their old characters.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lager posted:

I love that this game is turning into the island of misfit toys, with a bunch of folks getting their second chance at glory with their old characters.

On that note, I considered Annihilation Thor or my Red Sonja from your game Lager, but I had that Goblin Parker idea in my head for so long I had to.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Hold onto your rear end, asshavers, because it's time to Unsheathe The Benitar and bring back the 100% certified from space STARBAND!

Or I could bring back Kate Bishop Moonknight and crush more skulls. It could go either way.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Oh man, I miss that game. Still sad that it fizzled out before I got to have you all go through the fantasy version of the Baxter Building...I thought about posting up my plans for the game when it became clear that half the party was no longer active and I didn't have enough time or energy to try and recruit more players, but I think I'm holding onto a fantasy of restarting it someday.

Still, good times. Red Sonja was awesome, and so was the Kate Bishop Moon Knight. I'd love to see her again, but it's your call, Maltose.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ugh she was so cool but would totally not fit with this game because by the Great God Khonshu she was murderhappy as HELL. Which is fun for Conansanity but not so much for 90s cartoons. As fun as her running around screaming COVERED IN SCORPIONS would be. Also STARBRAND has a secret place in the hollow center of my heart as possibly the best game idea ever so I'll probably definitely be apping an updated version of her.

THE DAZZLING STARBAND

bio and sheet forthcoming when it's not eight in the morning.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ugh she was so cool but would totally not fit with this game because by the Great God Khonshu she was murderhappy as HELL. Which is fun for Conansanity but not so much for 90s cartoons. As fun as her running around screaming COVERED IN SCORPIONS would be. Also STARBRAND has a secret place in the hollow center of my heart as possibly the best game idea ever so I'll probably definitely be apping an updated version of her.

Yeah the fact that Sonja was also kind of a bloodthirsty lunatic is what gave me pause on her too. And, since I've been bad at keeping up with the Secret War, I don't know if they touched on cosmic stuff so I'm loathe to drag my Thor out of hibernation in Asgard. He's still got a Hulk to put down and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, really the only one from that party who wasn't at least moderately kill-crazy was Rover. They fit very well into that world, but that world was...well, filled with barbarians.

• Locked thread