Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Maltose posted:

I will cease lurk watching this game to debate any and all comers that Nicholas Cage is a terrific actor and an inspiration to the craft, just to forwarn everyone.

He was the perfect person to play Ghost Rider because he once described his acting method as picturing the character he's playing as a ghost that is possessing his body and then when the director calls for action it suddenly bursts forth and possesses him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I mean, the man made Leaving Las Vegas. That alone is an ultimate unbreakable defense for quality.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

I mean, the man made Leaving Las Vegas. That alone is an ultimate unbreakable defense for quality.

I'm more of a Con Air girl myself.

poo poo I just realized I forgot the biggest tell that things are weird in Westchester: everyone is wearing the doofiest costumes. Blue and yellow jumpers for everyone.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

I actually know very little about the character so if you hadn't told me I'd just assume you were playing a fantastic Domino.

The real question is how long until I can get Mystique's voice right. This is just an appetizer.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Maltose posted:

I will cease lurk watching this game to debate any and all comers that Nicholas Cage is a terrific actor and an inspiration to the craft, just to forwarn everyone.

You're a good man with good opinions, Maltose. I have gotten into her undignified fights with people over Cage's acting. I am so ride or die for him in Vampire's Kiss it isn't even funny.

Also, one of the biggest benefits to playing Shocker is if I miss a bunch of posts, it's entirely in character for him to have just gotten real self-conscious and quiet.

Edit: I was originally planning to just have Herman actually think everything, and hope for DI to have Chuck do the whole 'verbally respond to someone's thoughts' telepath thing, but accidentally saying really embarrassing thoughts out loud is even more mortifying. So of course I had to go with it.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 09:29 on May 11, 2015

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Sorry if I missed the cue. Was Charles talking to all three of us when he said to go find Domino?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, since sending one person out alone got them into trouble he's gonna send a team so they can watch out for each other.

Also I'm going to post later today, but I'm trying to make sure everybody has a chance to get in and not feel like they missed stuff.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm really digging your Shocker so far, Randall. You're playing him really well.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Arivia posted:

I'm really digging your Shocker so far, Randall. You're playing him really well.

Aw shucks. :blush: I've been enjoying your Mystique/Domino too. I'm worried about getting too far into pity party crap, so having someone to play off who's all about making people relax and trust them is a pretty big help!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Puppies, in response to your comment in thread - I'll have you note that The Green Goblin is a married man! (Happily married too - to the Felicia Hardy of his world). He doesn't have eyes for other women, heh.

EDIT: I mean, I guess he's a widower now :( Unless Defiance wants to give Goblin a happy story beat at some point.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 13, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
:golfclap: I'm actually holding back a witty and sarcastic comment depending on when Spiderman next comes into the room or Iceman's response about how my eyes are up here. I think it'd fit better in conversation depending on how he reacts or if I can make a super friends/Top Gun reference.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I have begun watching the Xmen cartoon for the first time since I was seven. I deeply regret not applying as Jubilee.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Besides occasionally having seen it on FOX in my youth, these videos are pretty much my only awareness of the cartoon. I'm eagerly awaiting Professor X screaming a bunch. I also am still waiting to make a Cable datafile with the distinction "The Wild Man of Borneo".

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"I don't care about which spirit ladies to what to which cajuns. I'm here to stop a wedding."

How many takes do you think it took the voice actor to get through that without laughing?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I assume there was an endless amount of laughter from most of the cast, most of the time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Except from Storm's voice actor, who took thosepills the CIA give people to turn off all emotions before they send them to execute a bunch of people.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
The Juggernaut better show up.

Because he's the Juggernaut...

....bitch

EDIT: Probably demanding Charles get out of his head. And claiming that he's tripping on acid.

EDIT 2: Now I wish I had apped that guy.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Making a post, moving things along, gonna get Nicolas Cage and the Pillow Man out on the road!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
On the topic of 90s cartoons and voice acting, I will be disappointed if this doesn't come up at some point in the course of play.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
How did I miss this recruiting thread??? I am full of sadness

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm also going to go on record and state that this is the first Marvel Heroic game on the forums I've gotten into that I did not have to pattern my character's speech archaically, so that's a plus.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Danger-Pumpkin I don't know if the ghost cycle can be startled or suddenly explodes into flame or something but if your response is to get upset at Mystique in some way go for it. She is way too headstrong.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Considering how he responded to just a friendly elbow nudge, I'm hoping for a full-on classic Cage freak-out.

And speaking of characters doing things that are not good ideas: I sure hope Apocalypse's fleet isn't actually in the nearby sea! That certainly would be bad for poor Herman.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's too early for a total freak out. But You keep pushing Nic's Johnny's buttons...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile, at Cerebro:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If Emma's lying about early 20th century pseudoscience you have to make it clear in the future. I kinda figured that, given the world she came from, that was something that she legitimately believed. Figured her followup was going to be to examine Bobby's head using phrenology.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Cash, Grass, or Fiery Damnation: No one rides for free.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile, the blue screen of death continues to enrage programmers everywhere.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Someday, I hope to write a Tron/Ghost Rider crossover, in which the BSoD gets what's coming to it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That was literally Ghostrider 2099.

In other news, is there a subdivision of Westchester that is Japanese '92 X-Men Opening Theme Animation world?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's what everyone else said. :''(

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just cause its been done doesn't change that it's a good dream.

Also, probably be posting/rolling later tonight but wanted to check something before I do: Is the boat a target I can/should return fire at after my reaction to the ack-ack, or will I need to land first and then target the crew instead? Assuming fighting back against the ship is plausible at all.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The picket ship is more similar to a police boat than a battleship. It's built to move rather than take hits and only has one gun battery (represented by a D8 gun battery die). Counter-attacking is viable but you will be exposed fighting out on the open water and might draw more attention depending on how long you take to sink it. Running away might also be a good idea depending on how confident you're feeling.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
You've raised a good point that made me realize I had the wrong idea anyway: Confidence is not The Shocker's strong suit. Running away it is!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It'll give me and Mystique Domino time to figure out if we can be friends, before we head off to find the real Other Domino.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Sorry for the late response!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I'm sorry if I come off as a total dick, Arivia. Johnny just doesn't want to hurt the wrong people. He's a pretty cool guy, once you've absolved yourself of all the wicked actions which might cause others to seek retribution against you. Really!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

I'm sorry if I come off as a total dick, Arivia. Johnny just doesn't want to hurt the wrong people. He's a pretty cool guy, once you've absolved yourself of all the wicked actions which might cause others to seek retribution against you. Really!

poo poo I didn't even realize I'd set you up for your catchphrase. Wonderful.

And that's totally okay. Mystique isn't nice herself, either.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Can I just mention how much i'm hoping Ultimate Final Boss Apocalypse is the '92 version all along? I want a guy with a giant A on his belt who talks like an Ent and just kind of wanders around saying really grandiose poo poo to whoever is nearby and blasting people with transparent lasers, because that is my absolute favorite archetype of supervillain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
The best part of 92 Apocalypse is his giant monologue about how, like Sisyphus with his stone, it seems Apocalypse must be destined to kill loving X-men forever without end.

• Locked thread