Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Defiance Industries posted:

I was thinking a little younger than Domino for "young" but I'll allow it this time.

I think Mystique is supposed to be Wolverine old. Almost anyone is young to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You know what rolling two opportunities means with a 3d10 doom pool?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
I am sure that's a really good sign, right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

When I saw those two 1s I briefly became a sexy cat.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
And you were making that face when it happened?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Judgement awaits the guilty...

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I think I may need to sit down some time soon and hash out a general idea of Herman's experiences over his six years on the run, so I can avoid any contradictions down the line and seed more details, but (as the edit I made can attest), I don't know how depressing I really want to go with it. Except that, of course, Spider-Man is dead, because it's basically a What If.

I also cannot wait to see what happens with a Fury Road influenced Ghost Rider. C'mon hellfire Door Wagon...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

This long pause with the Doom Pool at 2d12 is certainly troubling. Oh the possibilities...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I've actually trying to figure out a fair way to handle the attack given that the mob is a significant percent robot, because I don't want to just play it like an Immunity SFX like Magneto's helmet. I suppose that since you only have one effect die, taking out one of the horde dice that reflects damage to the meat-people is fair?

And then I'm gonna burn my 2d12. Though it might come a little later but... OH WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

I've actually trying to figure out a fair way to handle the attack given that the mob is a significant percent robot, because I don't want to just play it like an Immunity SFX like Magneto's helmet. I suppose that since you only have one effect die, taking out one of the horde dice that reflects damage to the meat-people is fair?

And then I'm gonna burn my 2d12. Though it might come a little later but... OH WHAT A LOVELY DAY!

I d8, I d4, I d8 again!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Making a combat post now. Also, really interested to hear Mystique's response to the Shocker's question.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Sorry for disappearing. I've been under the weather the past few days - I'll post later today.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Defeating Wanda through conventional means may not be the best method of surviving this fight.

Also it will be hard for me to not simply narrate "and then Wanda just used random attacks without knowing what they did and everything died while she took no damage" because I play Marvel Heroes and that's exactly how I levelled Wanda to 60.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Let's be honest that is literally how all depictions of Wanda work, including House of M and Age of Ultron.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Post is up, people on the patrol team can now be tagged in. When you tag them, they can make their entrance to the fight.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
If I'm doing the tagging I'd say give it to anybody that wants to post first, with a preference for Johnny if he's up for it and wants to beeline War Wanda.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That depends. Do I have to beat her complication, or does that happen conveniently right before GR shows up?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Only people already there need to evade/resist it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Puppies are dicks posted:

If I'm doing the tagging I'd say give it to anybody that wants to post first, with a preference for Johnny if he's up for it and wants to beeline War Wanda.

I'll take the tag; I need to post and I have a Mystique Thing to do anyway.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
I keep missing these rolls by literally 1. Peter, you are proving to be an expensive choice in terms of power points.

EDIT: Oh, and right, I put like...backstory bits in. Hope that's ok. I just figured messing with stuff in the Goblin's personal world would be a neat thing to bring up every now and again and also give him an excuse to be anything other than quippy guy.

LifeGetsWorser fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 29, 2015

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hopefully it was okay for me to take the tag. I tagged Randall because poor guy he hasn't actually had a chance to do anything yet in the entire game.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Yeah, that's fine with me. I'm going off the premise that I'm way deeper in the woods than you lot, anyway, and I'm planning to act as more of a cavalry than a vanguard on this one. I did kinda get pummeled in my solo fight.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Arivia posted:

Hopefully it was okay for me to take the tag. I tagged Randall because poor guy he hasn't actually had a chance to do anything yet in the entire game.

Aww, thanks. I'm making the second leg of my moving journey tomorrow and have been busy packing, so I haven't had time to get caught up on the battle, but I'll do that tonight and if I don't get something up before tomorrow it'll definitely happen Monday. It's the Shocker's time to shine (maybe)!

LifeGetsWorser posted:

I keep missing these rolls by literally 1. Peter, you are proving to be an expensive choice in terms of power points.

EDIT: Oh, and right, I put like...backstory bits in. Hope that's ok. I just figured messing with stuff in the Goblin's personal world would be a neat thing to bring up every now and again and also give him an excuse to be anything other than quippy guy.

Way I see it, picking around with the canon for your personal world is half the appeal of have a custom world.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

So rather than narrate what the additional asset was I figured I'd just let Arivia decide. Also, waiting on a reaction roll from the Hulk for Wanda's attack.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Assembling my dice pool, and was wondering how involved I need to make the X-allies to add the d10 asset?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Can you think of a way they could help? If so then...

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Fight! Fight! Fight! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!

I'm assuming the move is holding you up, still?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Ahoy there True Believers! I am writing up my defense against War Wanda's gently caress You Beams, before I do though does anybody remember if it's ok to use PP to bounce effect die back on Complications like normal attacks?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, move has been holding up post, but I will have one done by the morning (EST). I swear it by my garish yellow costume!

As for Complication Counterattacks, I don't think it works differently, but then, the PP cost is a (good) houserule, so maybe things will be different there too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You can, but trying to turn Wanda's magic against her might not be a silver bullet if you aren't a more-powerful wizard. "You can't defend against yourself" is not true, sorry Dr. Selvig

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 2, 2015

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Morning, early afternoon, they're basically the same thing, right?

Anyway, a post has been made, and my strategy of accumulating PP may pay off as my strategy in designing the Shocker finally pays off: He isn't usually strong, but once in a blue moon when the Doom Pool and PP stars align, he can pump out legit numbers, at the expense of some personal pain and not being able to do something like that again for a little while. Sure hope it pays off! Because that was all I had up my sleeve.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Oh, that was worth it. If that lands, that was totally worth the wait!

I'm going to hold off until we know, so I can gauge my best tactic to follow it up.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I mean, given this:

Defeating Wanda through conventional means may not be the best method of surviving this fight.

I totally expect this to blow up in Shocker's face, figuratively and also probably literally. But hey, might as well shoot for the stars! When has making the safe choice been the best choice?

Someone please scrape my ashes up when this is over.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I will deliver your spirit to the halls of Valhalla, noble Shocker.

Wait, that doesn't seem right...

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Man if Shocker dies before Goblin even gets to have a conversation with him we've been playing this game wrong.

Because that will be the most epic conversation of all time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I keep getting caught up before I can actually post since I have a couple questions for DI but for right now, I'm going to say that extra asset is Malfunctioning War Walker D6. Anyone can use it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Quick rules check: can I combine that asset with the X-team asset, or is it an either or? I mean, I know I'd have to switch from Solo to use either, but if I can use both, that might be a worthwhile trade for what I'm thinking of doing.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

In the rules it says that you are only supposed to use one asset die in your pool, but they say the same thing about powers so you can use both at a cost of 1 PP

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sorry, I've lost internet. Will post asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Aw man I can't believe I saw this a month too late! I've been jonesing for Marvel Heroic for awhile (I'm sad Exiles fizzled). Looks awesome, gang.

I'm also glad to see someone else doing a heroic Shocker. :)

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 3, 2015

• Locked thread