Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Sorry, I've lost internet. Will post asap.

All right, I'll update after you get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
May be a few hours at this rate. Update without me, and I'll catch up. Don't want to hold anything up.

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Me "IRL" :smug:
Fun Shoe
Wanda pulling a Prince of Space with that "weapons are useless against me" line.

I dig it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Since you've been good sports about me dropping some bullshit on people so far and this encounter will probably only end one way, I will disclose the following things:

quote:

LIMIT: Some things cannot be changed. The Horseman of War is unable to shift stress into another pool though normal means
LIMIT: Still bugfuck insane. Step up all emotional stress dealt to the Horseman of War by adding d6 to the doom pool

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah that's about what I expected to accomplish. My effort to remove a die from the Doom Pool was successful! :v:

Time to hurry up and make Wanda feel bad before she kills us all, I guess.

Little Mac posted:

Aw man I can't believe I saw this a month too late! I've been jonesing for Marvel Heroic for awhile (I'm sad Exiles fizzled). Looks awesome, gang.

I'm also glad to see someone else doing a heroic Shocker. :)

What up, Shocker buddy!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hopefully she can still have conditions thrown on her because I intend to be STUNNING when my turn comes up.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Hopefully she can still have conditions thrown on her because I intend to be STUNNING when my turn comes up.

See I considered spending my third PP on adding an additional effect die to the roll for a 'Superheated Chainmail' complication or something like that, but I decided 'naaah, if the roll works, what's the point of stress AND a complication?'

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Sorry that took so long. But with the connection problem resolved, I can hopefully not hold things up. Also, apparently you posted while I was typing long before I was typing my post, and my browser failed to inform me of the update. So there's that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Question: can Nicolas Cage do the penance stare like in the comics where he makes people relive things through the eyes of their victim, or is "penance stare" in the movies just a term for Cageface?

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Like in the comics. Tragically, the Cage Face is lost in the transformation process. But I suppose you could think of it as a transformation into the ultimate Cage Face, which cannot be perceived by mortal minds, and thus causes the appearance of fire, skull, and death to the viewer.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I was just thinking you might rethink what kind of effect die you're trying to create, is all.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

It's a one-two combo. Locking this in makes the chances and effect of the Penance Stare much more likely to work. Which is important, because failing the Penance Stare automatically adds a d10 to the Doom Pool.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
There's still plenty of room left in the doom pool for this encounter, let's go all in on making disparaging comments about her weight and choice of dress! Or Emma can just crack her brain open like a walnut if she's been softened up a bit beforehand with complications and other stress. I've got the PP left to hopefully make a good show of it once it comes down to my turn again.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I need a reaction roll from Emma, by the way.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Oh shoot I thought I had. Apologies for the wait.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You can spend PP to counter but remember that it will cost you 2 PP to use your D10 effect die.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

You can spend PP to counter but remember that it will cost you 2 PP to use your D10 effect die.

Then let's go with that plan please. 2 PP spent = d10 Emotional Stress on Wanda because of deep seated inferiority complex reasons sounds good to me. I'll edit my post in a bit to match.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Paging Kellsterik to the fight.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, looks like Kellsterik is out of touch. Emma Frost is the last person to act in this round, so take us out!

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Well, looks like Kellsterik is out of touch. Emma Frost is the last person to act in this round, so take us out!

Isn't it the second round of combat? If it is, Goblin hasn't acted yet, either.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

I finished the last round so I'm definitely still in the queue. Don't think Peter's gone either though so if you want to go ahead of me feel free. I won't be able to post until I get off shift in some unspecified number of hours.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LifeGetsWorser posted:

Isn't it the second round of combat? If it is, Goblin hasn't acted yet, either.

Oh yeah, you're right. My apologies. Whoever posts can go!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Don't forget you can throw on the d10 Emotional Stress from my reaction/brain-hurting. I'll start writing up my post pretty soon. Mind if I wait to see if Peter's complication takes hold first?

LifeGetsWorser
Oct 23, 2010

Fun Shoe

Puppies are dicks posted:

Don't forget you can throw on the d10 Emotional Stress from my reaction/brain-hurting. I'll start writing up my post pretty soon. Mind if I wait to see if Peter's complication takes hold first?

True but Orokos has been shady to me recently and then that d4 barfed out an opportunity on an otherwise clean roll, so.

I'll leave it.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I just really want us to take down Wanda non-lethally now that I've decided maybe Shocker's gonna try and redeem her, because he doesn't understand things like 'horseman of apocalypse' and '1-in-a-million multiversal chance of sanity', just 'I was a villain and changed, so maybe other people can too!'

Also, I have internet set up now! Posting (and life) should be much easier.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

You'd better get to her before the Rider does, then. Redemption isn't high on his list of priorities.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I don't think that's a race poor Herman can win. He doesn't even have a hellfire-powered motorcycle!

But maybe he has something that could win...

Yeah, there we go.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You know, you guys will need off-road-capable vehicles a bit later...

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

RandallODim posted:

I don't think that's a race poor Herman can win. He doesn't even have a hellfire-powered motorcycle!

But maybe he has something that could win...

Yeah, there we go.

If you want to give it a shot I can tag you in after another round of softening her up. Although you might be a bit hard pressed to deliver emotional stress to her via repulser blasts long distance. Maybe uh, give her PTSD from all the loud noises or something?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

If you want to give it a shot I can tag you in after another round of softening her up. Although you might be a bit hard pressed to deliver emotional stress to her via repulser blasts long distance. Maybe uh, give her PTSD from all the loud noises or something?

Emotional stress can also be induced through verbal means. It's mental stress that's the trickier one to inflict, since it usually means either psionic powers or disorientating someone.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

You know, you guys will need off-road-capable vehicles a bit later...

Oh hell yes. Preemptively planning out an entire "DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER(MOBILE)" Milestone centered on driving the Shockermobile and warning people not to mock me.

If you want I'd be glad to take a shot, but I don't think I'm necessarily the best equipped to do emotional stress, so tossing to someone else might be a good idea anyway, if only to wrap up this fight quickly. I could maybe go for a physical complication, instead of straight stress, but I can't remember if those can take someone out if stepped up past d12, so it might not even be worth it.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Pretty sure you can take someone out by Complicationing them to death, yeah. In any case I'm writing up another round of emotional attack right now so assuming I don't knock her out with the double tap it's all yours if you're ready to post for it. As soon as I can figure out a reasonable way to make the dialogue fit anyway.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wait should I go with the 7+7+11= 25 d10 instead assuming my opportunity gets bought? I'm always kind of iffy on what's better in these instances, higher rolls or higher effect die.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wait should I go with the 7+7+11= 25 d10 instead assuming my opportunity gets bought? I'm always kind of iffy on what's better in these instances, higher rolls or higher effect die.

Well, that's the price you have to pay for rolling and picking your number first. Exceeding a defense roll by 5 steps your die up so theoretically a higher number is as good as an effect die, but if you use a really high die in the first place and still have a roll in the high-teens, it's possible to succeed AND step up your effect.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it's HEAAAAADGAAAAAMES

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

:argh:

As long as the attack is successful the stress steps up right? Can it step up more than once by exceeding the defense roll by 5, etc.?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah, if you exceed the defense roll by more than 10, you step up twice. I'd have to fumble my rolls on a catastrophic level for that to happen, though.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Ah I vaguely remembered that was a possible if unlikely thing. Good to know

The way I read it, it's a safer but slower bet to go with a higher result/lower effect die since stress increases incrementally anyway. In any case it also comes down to if you're buying the opportunity or not. You want it? If you do I think I'll go with the 25 d10 and count on at least double tapping Wanda with d12 emotional stress so that some combination of Shocker/Green Goblin can complication the poo poo out of her with some awkward or inappropriate quips.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well, my first experiment with tuning 6v1 fights has yielded some valuable insights. I probably should have left the Infinite Army in play or given her large-scale threat die, first of all.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I don't think anyone used that asset. So we lost 2010s Gambit and 1992 Rogue, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yep, Civil War Gambit and Local Rogue are off the table. Since you made that asset and you've parlayed it into something else useful, why don't you convert it into a vehicle asset? Never know when having an enemy transport could come in handy. It worked on Endor.

I mean, it would have worked if Luke hadn't been there to tip Vader off. But that definitely doesn't have a parallel.

• Locked thread