Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's better to spend the majority of your time talking about how much you like things you like instead of how much you hate things you hate, imo.

I don't think you "get" football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I loving love football, and with Byron Bell and Brandon LaFell off the team I can't think of anyone off hand I hate

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Let me take you to my happy place:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He likes it, you can tell because he's visibly moaning

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I don't think you "get" football

I wrote that embarassing unironic post about how much I hate Ben earlier though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alouicious posted:

I loving love football, and with Byron Bell and Brandon LaFell off the team I can't think of anyone off hand I hate

:argh: hasn't even played a snap yet for the titans but i already hate him

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Alouicious posted:

Hey, that's Super Bowl Winner Brandon Lafell to you.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Everyone on the Raiders I'd pretty cool I guess I mean Michael Crabtree is maybe kind of a douche and Khalif Barnes seems like a nice fellow he just isn't a very good football player. I think the Raiders have a pretty good, non-evil squad

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I wrote that embarassing unironic post about how much I hate Ben earlier though

Why is it embarrassing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Blitz7x posted:

Everyone on the Raiders I'd pretty cool I guess I mean Michael Crabtree is maybe kind of a douche and Khalif Barnes seems like a nice fellow he just isn't a very good football player. I think the Raiders have a pretty good, non-evil squad

But all of that makes them the worst Raiders ever

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Henchman of Santa posted:

But all of that makes them the worst Raiders ever

The new rules in the NFL make the old Raiders unsustainable!

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
gently caress da Raiders

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Blitz7x posted:

The new rules in the NFL make the old Raiders unsustainable!

I'd like to think that Al Davis would rather see Da Raidahs forcefully disbanded rather than become good guys.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I've decided I have pretty good reason to hate Billy Cundiff, he is terrible and definitely lost games for the Browns by missing field goals. What a jag as the people here in Chicago say

except i just feel bad for Billy Cundiff, he probably knows he sucks and is terrible, he probably secretly looks forward to his post-NFL career because he hopes/believes he'll be a better personal trainer or independent contract roofer or realtor than kicker

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The worst Lions ever:

Dominic Raiola
Stephen Peterman
Bill Schroeder
Alex Henery
Paris Lenon
Andre Goodman
End-of-career Kyle Vanden Bosch
Stefan Logan (the guy who knelt down on the 2-yard-line)

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Metapod posted:

back on subject

shonn greene is probably the worst back ever to get paid a $10 million dollar contract (4.15 mil guaranteed)
in a combine 2 seasons all he has to show for it is 687 yards and 6 tds on 171 carries.

how does a player convince a team to give him that contract but can't convince the team to give him touches? i'll tell you why it is because he is terrible. he is a powerback that can't convert on short yardage situations. while in the goal line it would be more beneficial to run cj2k up the middle than him. how is a 230+lb man worse in than a scatback in short yardage situations :psyduck: not only that but he can barely get into a rotation that includes dexter mccluster and leon washington. shonne greene is the absolute worst and i hate him for it.

p.s. gently caress ruston webster for signing him

This is all true. Why do you go and get a RB who couldn't be productive in Rex Ryan's run heavy offense?

gently caress Billy Cundiff though, I don't feel sorry for that dude.

goc fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 6, 2015

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Hey, that's Super Bowl Winner Brandon Lafell to you.

Brandon LaFell not being terrible for the Patriots never made sense to me. It still doesn't honestly. Where did this pretty OK receiver with an alright catch rate come from? :iiam:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Beautiful Ninja posted:

I'd like to think that Al Davis would rather see Da Raidahs forcefully disbanded rather than become good guys.

Well then maybe Al shouldn't have let the mother of his children drink during pregnancy

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

hey man, if you wanna spend your mid 30s developing some weird Dad philosophy about good and evil as it relates to the NFL to make you feel better about your feckless fandom, that's really kind of cool in a turbo nerd kind of way.

Yeah but who's the guy derailing this thread because they want to protect their scumfuck team? Hint: It's not me! I'll drop it though so no one can accuse me of dogpiling on you.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I hated Trent Richardson from sometime in 2014 till March 12, 2015

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Parmesan Basil posted:

Yeah but who's the guy derailing this thread because they want to protect their scumfuck team? Hint: It's not me! I'll drop it though so no one can accuse me of dogpiling on you.

Hi p. basil. I don't wish to make you any more upset than you already are but conflating me very obviously making fun of you with "derailing this thread because they want to protect their scumfuck team" is pretty dumb. Good luck with your one man dogpile

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

Brandon LaFell not being terrible for the Patriots never made sense to me. It still doesn't honestly. Where did this pretty OK receiver with an alright catch rate come from? :iiam:

LaFells production in Carolina was tied to his poo poo QB and the unironic run-first offense this side of 2005.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Hi p. basil. I don't wish to make you any more upset than you already are but conflating me very obviously making fun of you with "derailing this thread because they want to protect their scumfuck team" is pretty dumb. Good luck with your one man dogpile

This has been fun, but the Steelers are evil and you should embrace it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I don't hate any Chiefs, now or ever. If they fail, I understand that it wasn't on purpose and they wish they were better. I stand with my huge strong boys

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I don't hate any Chiefs, now or ever. If they fail, I understand that it wasn't on purpose and they wish they were better. I stand with my huge strong boys

On the other hand Larry Johnson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

On the other hand Larry Johnson.

Jovan Belcher.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
No Man is Beyond Redemption - Denzel Washington

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Pron on VHS posted:

I suppose it's been long enough to forget Bam Morris and Tamarick Vanover... One day, perhaps, I'll find it within myself to forgive. Pron, you are good man

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

I really hate Riley Cooper because he disappears whenever we need him to actually catch passes. Also he is a racist.

This, except reverse the priorities of why I hate him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't really hate any Bengal, I hate the hyper-loyalty the team shows to a few divinely selected "locker room guys" Like Rey Malauluga, Brandon Tate, Robert Gaethers, Domata Peko, etc.

It's not their fault they're not as good as they used to be/were expected to be and it's not their fault the team is compulsively loyal to them. Everyone dreams of that sort of career stability. It's the team's fault for hampering the roster by overvaluing some concept of locker room stability over, you know, being good at football. I love Peko the man, and I love Peko the 2011 DT, but it's gonna be 2015 and aggressively playing patty-cake with guards is not going to make for a good run defense.

Let's remember a better time

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:stare:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The only player I ever hated was Ponder. I just stopped watching the Vikings after enough of his games because I knew what he was and I knew he was just wasting precious time on a team filled with vets. I ended up missing most of Peterson's MVP season because of that, but whatever that was a good year for me personally so taking a break from football wasn't a bad thing.

Now that he's gone I can enjoy the Vikings again.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't really hate any Bengal, I hate the hyper-loyalty the team shows to a few divinely selected "locker room guys" Like Rey Malauluga, Brandon Tate, Robert Gaethers, Domata Peko, etc.

It's not their fault they're not as good as they used to be/were expected to be and it's not their fault the team is compulsively loyal to them. Everyone dreams of that sort of career stability. It's the team's fault for hampering the roster by overvaluing some concept of locker room stability over, you know, being good at football. I love Peko the man, and I love Peko the 2011 DT, but it's gonna be 2015 and aggressively playing patty-cake with guards is not going to make for a good run defense.

Let's remember a better time

I agree with this in general but maualuga was arguably better last season then he ever was before.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

I'm still waiting for a Peko touchdown. It'll happen eventually, right?

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Borsche69 posted:

You must have brain damage or something dude straight up. I'm sorry but christ almighty.
I don't watch college football. I based my entire opinion on an article his agent probably ghost wrote. It was stupid but I learned my lesson, don't comment on the draft when you watch less than 200 snaps of college football a year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Great parm is keeping this lame loving gimmick

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Anaranjado posted:

I agree with this in general but maualuga was arguably better last season then he ever was before.

He went from awful for years to kinda average.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I can't stand Phillip Rivers. He's a decent quarterback that everyone loves to fellate for some reason. He has a weird throwing motion that people like to think as 'unique.' He has an inflated record because he plays in the loving AFC West. His playoff record is also virtually inflated because he was either up against a sad sack team like the '08 Titans or his team carried him to a win despite his best efforts. He also likes to yell a lot of poo poo to other QBs in the middle of the game regardless of how things are going or who is on the sidelines, which either makes him look like a sore winner or a sore loser.

Whatever, all of that is blah. What matters is that he is the biggest sports star in San Diego and it made living there as a football fan loving terrible. You know what I really loved during my commutes? Rivers showing up on local morning shows to ramble on about sweet tea and his newest kid and how BY GOLLY the church he attends sure does have a beautiful view of the trash heap that is Old El Camino Real. He literally couldn't muster up any real talk about football because he assumed (correctly) that most Chargers fans didn't actually care about football and just wanted to hear some stupid soundbites. Rivers doesn't know poo poo about gently caress and no one cares because he's a family man that refuses to ever let his wife's vagina heal. Any time he had a decent game, people would run around with their loving "oo yea peppermint roll" bullshit, but whenever he had a terrible game the locals refused to hold him to it. Oh, Norv Turner is the reason that Rivers threw a nice floaty interception when he was trying to toss the ball away? Oh, the OL should expect him to fumble when they were only trying to center the ball for a game winning FG at the 15? I live in Seattle now and their fans are approximately ten trillion percent more tolerable than Chargers fans because at least Seattleites know when their team fucks up. I could go to New Orleans and have Brees yell WHODAT in my face for an hour and I would still shake his hand for escaping San Diego must faster than I was able to.

gently caress Rivers and his stupid face. He looks like a thumb with a bad haircut. He looks like every marine's wet dream of a drinking buddy. He looks like the kid that would volunteer to scrape gum from under the desks after school. He looks like a loving dweeb in every possible way and everyone but me seems to find it endearing. I loving hate the Chargers, but I still want them to move on from him already. I was hoping he would have been traded to the Titans this draft so that he could move back to his old stomping grounds and I would never have to see another facebook post about him again.

StateOwned
Dec 30, 2005

this lane closed
Riley cooper, for being the worst wide receiver in the league and also a racist. Also this https://vine.co/v/OqOdagv5dWM

Ronnie Brown for this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlfnGfO1FX4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Great parm is keeping this lame loving gimmick

You're a lawyer, please explain to him that the concept of justice is an illusion created by the ruling classed to enforce the status quo.

Yes, I am sixteen and reading Nietzche for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Zurreco posted:

gently caress Rivers and his stupid face. He looks like a thumb with a bad haircut. He looks like every marine's wet dream of a drinking buddy. He looks like the kid that would volunteer to scrape gum from under the desks after school. He looks like a loving dweeb in every possible way and everyone but me seems to find it endearing. I loving hate the Chargers, but I still want them to move on from him already. I was hoping he would have been traded to the Titans this draft so that he could move back to his old stomping grounds and I would never have to see another facebook post about him again.

He is exactly the douchebag people make Cutler out to be. Thank you for this, you've articulated a longstanding disgust of Rivers.

• Locked thread